• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As most have said, selling Caulker would be rather silly.

If he breaks in to the first team, which I think he is capable of doing he will be of great use to us in many ways. Primarily for being an excellent footballer, but also as an example to our other players about how the loan system can lift a player's career. Then perhaps we'd get less of our loanees sent back for being billy big gonad*s and they'd actually put their head down and work, be it at Wycombe or wherever.

I think he recently reaffirmed his happiness playing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and categorically said he wasn't going anywhere. Plus, he only just signed a five-year deal, I believe.

Correct, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are in no way in a position where they have to sell, they probably already pay him as much as we would offer and he's only 24. I don't think he would force a move to us and the only way Saudi Sportswashing Machine would sell was if they got in an offer that was too good to refuse. They are trying to build on what they did last season and improve, they might lose Ba because of that release clause, I don't think they want to lose any more of their best players.

I can't see him moving for anything less than ?ú15m, if that.

He also only has around a season and a half of PL experience. Has he really been that much better than Robbo was for us in his first season and a half? I remember people saying that we should have gone for Craig Gordon when he was in his first season at Sunderland, now he's a free agent and might be heading for the Championship. I would not be excited at us spending ?ú15m on him a year after Stekelenburg, who at least is higher rated by the Dutch national coach, went to Roma for a reported €6m (wiki).

Just because an internet rumour is abound that LFc have bid ?ú8m, doesnt for one moment mean its true..

Most of you lot acting like its all done and dusted, chill people

Just because an internet rumour is abound that LFc have bid ?ú8m, doesnt for one moment mean its true..

Most of you lot acting like its all done and dusted, chill people

People are responding to those on this board saying that selling him for ?ú8m would be a good idea.

I'm not that concerned, can't see Levy selling Caulker for ?ú8m.

Redknapp is the one who threw a fit at West Ham because the chairman were selling their up and coming players.

THFC Indonesia ‏@IndoSpurs
Tottenham are reportedly close to signing Marseille’s highly rated striker Loic Remy for a fee around ?ú16.5 million

Matthew Ordish ‏@AnfieldMatt
#LFC to bid ?ú8M for highly rated Tottenham CB, Steven Caulker. He had an impressive loan spell at Swansea under Rodgers.

footie news & gossip ‏@caughtoffside
COS: Tottenham Hotspur to Launch ?ú10m Bid For Saudi Sportswashing Machine Keeper Tim Krul

May I ask why you believe this to be the case?

A combination of not using youth untill he's forced to. His focus on the first eleven, while the squad depth isn't looked after.
His long term future in doubt at the club, in need of immediate results, taken into consideration that Caulker probably won't be a ?ú8m player in his time here. Add to this the no consideration of long term health of his previous clubs, then you have my concern.

A combination of not using youth untill he's forced to. His focus on the first eleven, while the squad depth isn't looked after.
His long term future in doubt at the club, in need of immediate results, taken into consideration that Caulker probably won't be a ?ú8m player in his time here. Add to this the no consideration of long term health of his previous clubs, then you have my concern.

Europa League? Kyle Walker? Jake Livermore? Not sure the facts stack up to support your point to be honest.

Are Siggardsson (sp?) and Caulker the kinds of signings a club like Liverpool should be looking at?

This is one of the worries with a manager like Rodgers - he just isn't used to the idea of signing €20m players. The amount of money you spend of course isn't important - what's important is spotting talent at whatever price - but if he was at Spurs now I'd be slightly worried that it points to a mind-set that isn't fully adjusted to a team pushing for CL rather than one just looking to sign decent EPL players.

Fwiw, I respect Rodgers, Siggardsson and Caulker - not having a pop at them per se, just making a general point.

Europa League? Kyle Walker? Jake Livermore? Not sure the facts stack up to support your point to be honest.

To be fair the Europa League in Harrys mind equates to the 'Forced To use the youth' point that Rosenthal mentions.

Not many of those that had a good game would ever force their way into his first 11.. they were purely used to rest the main squad.

Jake Livermore is the one exception in that he got a fair few appearances in the PL games.

I've been somewhat underwhelmed by Caulker when I've watched Swansea, can't understand what all the fuss is about

Swansea fans seem to know what the fuss is about too. And those at Tottenham who think he's promising, and those at Bristol City who showered him with awards, not to mention those at Yeovil too when he was just 17.

The fact Liverpool are offering ?ú8m for a 20 year old defender on OUR books tell you that he shouldn't be sold. Not for that price anyway.

Europa League?

Redknapp's attitude towards the Europa League was summed up best by both Pavlyuchenko and Kranjcar's comments, "no one cares about the Europa League"

I'll give you Walker and Livermore, Redknapp does of course play some youth.
He demands them to perform from the go though, and he is capable of getting rid if they aren't ready immediately - we got saved by an injury to Assou-Ekotto when it comes to Gareth Bale.

Are Siggardsson (sp?) and Caulker the kinds of signings a club like Liverpool should be looking at?

This is one of the worries with a manager like Rodgers - he just isn't used to the idea of signing €20m players. The amount of money you spend of course isn't important - what's important is spotting talent at whatever price - but if he was at Spurs now I'd be slightly worried that it points to a mind-set that isn't fully adjusted to a team pushing for CL rather than one just looking to sign decent EPL players.

Fwiw, I respect Rodgers, Siggardsson and Caulker - not having a pop at them per se, just making a general point.

Fans will want name, Rodgers will want players with certain qualities to fit his team and philosophy.
He went out of his way at Swansea to find a goal keeper who is good with his feet and can pass the ball,
he would probably have passed on Friedel if he was on offer.

To be fair the Europa League in Harrys mind equates to the 'Forced To use the youth' point that Rosenthal mentions.

Not many of those that had a good game would ever force their way into his first 11.. they were purely used to rest the main squad.

Jake Livermore is the one exception in that he got a fair few appearances in the PL games.

definitely the case imo - the Europa League was seen as a distraction and an inconvenience - if we truly wanted to use it as a platform to test youth players we would have used more first team players in the mix as well (rather than fringe players) to see how the youngsters would fit in to our system/team when called upon

According to Turkish newspapers. Galatasaray has started negotiations with Saudi Sportswashing Machine for Demba Ba.

Back