• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

If the difference for Moutinho truly is only 4m euros, then surely we can raise that money through loan fees and wage savings? Though I guess Moutinho could be demanding massive wages.
Selling Hudd to make up the shortfall ?

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

a little perplexed at the attitude people are having right now

before today people were sure that moutinho wasnt coming..people were sure that getting him would be an overkill.....and now we didnt get him ..., like we expected, and added to our fire power with one of the most proven midfield goal scorers over the last 2 or 3 seasons.........

so we didnt get the guy we thought we werent going to get.......we have lost nothing

we got someone that can add SIGNIFICANTLY to the squad..goal contribution......and we bought a young potentially great Goal keeper

.....what we are witnessing here is the ' Harry redknapp taking us to 2nd in the league then dropping the ball' effect. we over reached and people raised expectation (which is entirely their fault) and when we didnt keep to the lofty heights which was probably not a true reflection of our worth as a team over a 38 game season...people turned on the team because their hopes were crushed.

its the same thing

this sort of thing is what ITK's thrive on...raising hopes and being kings or raising hopes and crushing them.

been a decent window...FIVE players all able to significantly contribute to the season...ensures that we could possibly last the season on decent form through out

The ONLY issue i can see it the balance of the squad...a little paper thin on the flanks but having said that AVB might prefer to play more narrow..who knows what he wants
I think yesterday we didn't really expect to lose VdV

I'm believing there is one more left!

Danny won't be able to resist 'officially' announcing possibly the BIGGEST transfer in our history until everything has settled down after 11pm and everyone is fuming!
Even though it's obvious that Spurs announce deals days let alone hours after completion I won't be getting too bent out of shape if nothing's announced by 23:00. I like to think if anyone else comes in it will be official by the time I roll out of bed in the morning.

I hope Kane gives Levy a chokeslam on the way out.

If the difference for Moutinho truly is only 4m euros, then surely we can raise that money through loan fees and wage savings? Though I guess Moutinho could be demanding massive wages.

actually i was quite disappointed with the way you viewed this window mate if i'm honest. i thought you would appreciate a broader picture.

i thought you were beautiful and perfect once :(

stock fans really are an ugly bunch arent they

Haha. I don't like Kane at all, but he's one of 3 strikers we have. fudge me. He's GHod for Europa or league cup. W do we play now? This night just gets more shocking by the minute. I don't understand how anyone can say this has been good for us, people are fudging nuts. THudd staying was a blessing in disguise for me as he's creative and can provide that cover, but now he's gone. So we have Livermore as our creative cover for dembele... Oh my dear GHod.

Striking situation, ade as th wonky player who can play up top on his own. Begets injured w eve Defoe who can't do it but can score and then NO ONE AT ALL.

We have bale andlennon on the wings, Townsend aback up, again oh dear GHod. Yeah we can play Dempsey but then that removes cover in the middle. Same with sigg.

Our squad has been absolutely decimated and it lacks balance. We've lost some of our best players, I'm fact our very best players and not really replaced them.

Just ugly gobsmacked at what's happened here. We're 15m in PROFIT , not even concluding selling pav in jan. and not including the many loan fees we've received.

How is this the behaviour of a club trying to achieve anything?

Has someone removed all the sharp objects from and cut the gas supply to your house?

I fear for you otherwise.

Yeah, when AVB joined us, he must've been promised some money to buy players. So far it seems we've sold for just as much as we've bought for, so there must be some more money somewhere, surely? I'm no expert, but find it strange if we can't afford to put £4M on the table when our net spend on players this window (and over the recent years) have been close to 0.

I never thought we were going to splash £22m plus on a single player. if Levy tried and failed, then all power to him. Otherwise I think we have done the best we could expect in the current window.

I am still worried about the balance of the squad though. No direct Ade, Bale, BAE replacements. We will have to change shape and tactics if any of these suffer long term injury.

Selling Hudd to make up the shortfall ?

I don't think we can sell Hudd, because he's still unfit and I don't think clubs would take that risk. Loan would at least take his wages off our books though.

WHY WON'T SOMEONE TAKE BENTLEY AND JENAS (well yes, I know why, but still)

That's why we're sending Kane out. Every penny helps. :lol:

Hudd and Palacios to Fulham

I love Jol

I think yesterday we didn't really expect to lose VdV

Good point, but even when VDV left..or looked like leaving we STILL didnt think we would get moutinho. VDV has looked like leaving for a few days now...infact getting dembele if you remember had lots of us realising it meant VDV was off

we have 3 guys that can take up that position..who arent as talented granted..but who can provide key stats that mount up to something we can consider a substitute

its not ideal but its what we have to work with

FFS, Norwegian telly going on and on about Liverpool not signing anyone when there still is going stuff on with clubs actually trying to sign players...

I don't think we can sell Hudd, because he's still unfit and I don't think clubs would take that risk. Loan would at least take his wages off our books though.

WHY WON'T SOMEONE TAKE BENTLEY AND JENAS (well yes, I know why, but still)

fudge it, just release them now.

Back