• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like Douglas going to Fulham, by all accounts we have pulled out due to reservations over his character and not wanting to upset the squad harmony we have.

Or maybe he preferred to go to London and work with a Dutch manager

Or maybe he preferred to go to London and work with a Dutch manager

That does look like the line lots of managers like to trot out when they miss out on someone..

'Erm yeah, we didn't really want him anyway.. His attitude isn't right.. yeah...'

Its worrying if we are going to watch Isco, I'd hope all our scouting has been done by now for signings this window.

Perhaps it is a case of scouting a back up option in case other deals/bids fail?

We should already have numerous scouting reports on all our shortlists or at least I'd hope we would anyway. Could be we have been told of his availability at a later date having not thought he would be a prospective signing previously etc

We should already have numerous scouting reports on all our shortlists or at least I'd hope we would anyway. Could be we have been told of his availability at a later date having not thought he would be a prospective signing previously etc

I agree. Still don't know whether to be excited by the names linked, or just to expect they won't happen and we will be scrambling for loans by the last hour of the window.

Zeki Fryers will travel to Belgium on Thursday for talks over a transfer to Standard Liege.

The England Under 19 defender left Manchester United at the end of last season having appeared in six first-team games but he failed to agree a new contract at Old Trafford.

The 19-year-old has trained with Tottenham during pre-season but a move to another English club is complicated because any fee will be set by a tribunal if the clubs cannot agree, and United want £6million.

Tottenham remain interested but Liege would be able to sign him for minimal compensation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2192198/Manchester-United-outcast-Zeki-Fryers-Standard-Liege.html

Spurs finally make breakthrough in Damiao chase as £20m deal nears completion

Tottenham are putting the finishing touches on a take-it-or-leave-it £20million offer for Leandro Damiao.

The White Hart Lane club have had numerous offers rebuffed by Internacional.

The club president Giovanni Luigi said on Wednesday: 'Next week, Internacional will only negotiate if the offer was exceptional, which does not seem to be the case for what has been said until now.

Today, Internacional are fortunate enough to be in a position where they do not need to negotiate unless it's an extraordinary offer for the club.'

The 23-year-old striker won a silver medal at the Olympics and was tournament top scorer with six goals. Tottenham signed midfielder Sandro from Internacional in 2010 and hope that deal will help smooth Damiao’s transfer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2192218/Tottenham-finishing-touches-20m-Leandro-Damiao-deal.html

Let United take us to a tribunal. I don't think his last paycheck, or any written offer from Fergie, would suggest they value him over £500k.

I agree. Still don't know whether to be excited by the names linked, or just to expect they won't happen and we will be scrambling for loans by the last hour of the window.

Really not all that vital to buy now, though. We've sorted out the one position we desperately needed to sort out. A Modric replacement will only be needed when Modric leaves, and once he does, we will definitely buy one, since every man and his dog will know that we received a huge fee for the lad and will watch us to see how we re-invest it. So relax.

I think VDV will be on his way out. I think Sigurdsson being selected ahead of VDV v Saudi Sportswashing Machine was a telling indication of VDV's future at the club, he will be sold next Tuesday....the last part is a guess, all the other ITKs spend their time doing just that so I thought it worth a go.

Really not all that vital to buy now, though. We've sorted out the one position we desperately needed to sort out. A Modric replacement will only be needed when Modric leaves, and once he does, we will definitely buy one, since every man and his dog will know that we received a huge fee for the lad and will watch us to see how we re-invest it. So relax.

I am very relaxed! Just a simple point about the sheer amount of speculation and not letting it contribute to unrealistic expectations. However, I disagree that we have sorted the one position, if we are relying on Ade and Defoe we are taking a risk. Hence I believe the club is continuing to look for another forward option.

Last edited:
I think VDV will be on his way out. I think Sigurdsson being selected ahead of VDV v Saudi Sportswashing Machine was a telling indication of VDV's future at the club, he will be sold next Tuesday....the last part is a guess, all the other ITKs spend their time doing just that so I thought it worth a go.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Vertonghen didn't start as he wasn't there for training because of internationals. Kaboul and Gallas had trained together all week.

Perhaps the midfield chosen against Saudi Sportswashing Machine had more training time together.

Back