• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steffen Freund new International Technical Coordinator

You'd hope so, but we know Jol was forced on Santini so there is historical precedent to cause doubt.

Different scenario altogether.

I'm convinced that Santini was just a stalking horse - appointed to placate the angry Spurs masses who wanted a big name (after having caretaker Pleat foisted on them for three quarters of the previous season) and who wouldn't have been happy with a manager they'd never heard of - Martin Jol.

The whole arrangement smelt wrong from the very beginning. Jol was a manager in his own right. A highly respected manager at that, who was being closely watched by the likes of Ajax. There's no chance, IMO, that he would have agreed to become a mere assistant at Spurs unless it was already agreed that he would shortly become the boss.

Santini, meanwhile, always seemed like a bizarre appointment. He just didn't fit - not least because he could barely speak a word of English. The only question is whether he was in on the whole arrangement. Probably not. But it is odd that he left the club ominously promising damning revelations but that he hasn't uttered a dingdongie bird since.

By contrast, AVB genuinely appears to be EXACTLY the kind of manager that Levy has always wanted at the club. He appears to be a perfect fit (though it remains to be seen whether that will prove to be true). And Freund, unlike BMJ, has no credentials as a senior level head coach.

So the two situations could hardly be more different, IMO.

Pleased with Freund (I think) always good to have ex-players behind the scenes at the club, and in Freund, an ex-player who actually LIKES us I guess it's to balance up the fact Sherwood (who comes across as seeming to despise us sometimes) is still here!

I really am not sure where this theory came from - and it is persistent - that Sherwood is brick at his job, is a bit of a Machiavellian trouble-maker, has an unlikeable character and hates Spurs.

In fact, all evidence points in the opposite direction on each front, and yet the urban legend persists. Probably long past time we have the guy a break.

jed leicester @jedleicester
#thfc Waiting at training ground for avb pic. Have heard madcap Steffen Freund shout "come on you spurs" at least 6 times whilst on his own

:lol: dont know if this is true, funny though

#thfc Waiting at training ground for avb pic. Have heard madcap Steffen Freund shout "come on you spurs" at least 6 times whilst on his own

:lol:

I want to believe it. So I will!

Who cares if it is? He's one of us, that's all that matters. I've haven't felt this happy about the coaching staff in a long,long time- it's nice to have someone who's so thoroughly in love with Spurs involved in such an important role. Last time I felt this way was with Jol, so yay. :D

Who cares if it is? He's one of us, that's all that matters. I've haven't felt this happy about the coaching staff in a long,long time- it's nice to have someone who's so thoroughly in love with Spurs involved in such an important role. Last time I felt this way was with Jol, so yay. :D

It's basically like having Jol here, but he used to PLAY FOR US!

Ladies and Gentlemen.... this is our new Assistant Head Coach FFS!

freund1.jpg

Not even Billy Nic, Burkinshaw or venables STOOD WITH THE SPURS FANS IN THE AWAY END AT OLD TRAFFORD!!!

if he wasn't a legend before, (which he was... if only in the 'CULTY sense') then HE MOST CERTAINLY IS NOW...

(unless he helps get us relegated, in which case I'll never forgive the fudger!)

For the knobs saying that Freund and AVB will clash/Levy chose him alone:

I was on holiday with my family and the next day, Andre called me and said ‘I would like you here at Spurs’. Then everything changed.

+2.

This guy has to be our manager one day. It would be amazing.

As he says, he knows the philosophy of the club, he's done his qualifications, I'm sure he will get on with the players. He will learn tactically from AVB and also learn how to manage players and when not to be the nice guy I'm sure, and then he can become the number 1 man.

Back