• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

Still think we'll be after 1 or 2 more by tomorrow, think we need them.
Disappointed we didn't get Chiesa, especially at that price but then he would've chosen Pool over us anyway.
Im pretty sure we're done. The big intrigue will be if Devine loans or stays

Final 25 :

Goalkeepers: Guglielmo Vicario, Fraser Forster, Brandon Austin.

Defenders: Destiny Udogie, Cristian Romero, Micky van de Ven, Pedro Porro, Radu Drăgușin, Ben Davies, Djed Spence.

Midfielders: Yves Bissouma, Rodrigo Bentancur, Pape Matar Sarr, Archie Gray, Lucas Bergvall, James Maddison, Alfie Devine, Mikey Moore.

Attackers: Dejan Kulusevski, Brennan Johnson, Dominic Solanke, Wilson Odobert, Heung-min Son, Richarlison, Timo Werner.

I think we are good for at least fifth and a good run in one of the cup competitions given better depth.

Like most clubs, Europe will take some getting used to and will take its toll on performance of both players and staff

Screenshot_20240901_104654_Samsung Internet.jpg

Final 25 :

Defenders: Destiny Udogie, Cristian Romero, Micky van de Ven, Pedro Porro, Radu Drăgușin, Ben Davies, Djed Spence.

Midfielders: Yves Bissouma, Rodrigo Bentancur, Pape Matar Sarr, Archie Gray, Lucas Bergvall, James Maddison, Alfie Devine, Mikey Moore.

Attackers: Dejan Kulusevski, Brennan Johnson, Dominic Solanke, Wilson Odobert, Heung-min Son, Richarlison, Timo Werner.

For which prem or europa?

If considering for the premier league only then we’ve got as many as 5 squad spaces to add more players (and 4 could even be overseas players)

Club trained (1): Austin
Association trained (6): Forster, Davies, Spence, Maddison, Johnson, Solanke
Under 21 (6): Gray, Bergvall, Devine, Moore, Odobert, Lankshear
Overseas (13): Vicario, Udogie, Romero, Van Der Ven, Porro, Dragusin, Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Kulusevski, Son, Richarlison, Werner
It would therefore perhaps make sense to consider keeping Regulion as cover at left back in the PL squad. Or we could sign a free agent.

For Europe we are a little more hampered due to the different rules for under 21 players…. So one of our senior players would have to miss out (maybe Forster with Gunter taking his place via the B list).

Club trained (1): Austin,
Association trained (4): Spence, Maddison, Johnson, Solanke
List A (17): Vicario, Udogie, Romero, Van Der Ven, Porro, Dragusin, Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Kulusevski, Son, Richarlison, Werner, Gray, Bergvall, Odobert, Davies
List B (5): Gunter, Devine, Moore, Lankshear, Hall (lots of others will be on this list but I don’t think I see others playing)

Final 25 :

Whiteman, Dorrington, Lankshear and in theory Regulion too. The only limit on EPL is 17 overseas players, and we are a couple under that.

For Europe Regulion and Forster miss out, as we have too many overseas/homegrown, but not enough club trained.

Whiteman, Dorrington, Lankshear and in theory Regulion too. The only limit on EPL is 17 overseas players, and we are a couple under that.

For Europe Regulion and Forster miss out, as we have too many overseas/homegrown, but not enough club trained.
Whiteman behind too many to get a game, he’ll be on the B list with a dozen others but won’t feature IMO. Dorrington not yet close to being ready for first team football and also is injured at present.

For PL we are 3 under the limit of 17, even if naming Regulion (and I don’t think Ange will name him). It’s one reason that I think our transfer window has left us 2 players short of a squad that can compete (no capable keeping option behind Vicario and no capable cover for Udogie)

Whiteman behind too many to get a game, he’ll be on the B list with a dozen others but won’t feature IMO. Dorrington not yet close to being ready for first team football and also is injured at present.

For PL we are 3 under the limit of 17, even if naming Regulion (and I don’t think Ange will name him). It’s one reason that I think our transfer window has left us 2 players short of a squad that can compete (no capable keeping option behind Vicario and no capable cover for Udogie)

Spence can cover udogie and gray can cover porro. Vicario is an issue.

Spence can cover udogie and gray can cover porro. Vicario is an issue.
We can play Austin in Europe (early and LC/FAC), he's fine for that.

If Vicario ever gets more than a minor injury, we can use the emergency loan rule to bring in however we want.

The biggest risk is him getting a major red card and missing 3 league games

We can play Austin in Europe (early and LC/FAC), he's fine for that.

If Vicario ever gets more than a minor injury, we can use the emergency loan rule to bring in however we want.

The biggest risk is him getting a major red card and missing 3 league games

We can'twe have vicario, austin, whiteman and forster on our books.

I think he is back training in some capacity

But those 2 signings would have been able to be in the Europe squad, where they would have got their minutes, unless they'd been club trained - Lo-Tetala, Jordan Archer, Cerkin etc

We named 5 GKs in our squad last season didnt we (Lloris left after), and had those same 4 for the rest of it

You can't use the emergency loan rule if you have 2 fit senior gks. We tried to get ben foster when lloris was injured but couldn't.

You can't use the emergency loan rule if you have 2 fit senior gks. We tried to get ben foster when lloris was injured but couldn't.
So we'd actually be in a better position if we release/send to Turkey Forster and Whiteman?

Back