• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs vs QPR

We did yes. But nearly is not going to win things. We need someone to put ball in the net. As others have pointed out there’s plenty of crosses into box.
Agreed
We averaged 2 goals a game without playing a CF for most games
Richy and Son are players who spent their whole career playing wide and have been moved centrally over time and not regularly
Richy averages a goal a game there for us when fit (post hip op) so in theory is a good fit but I do worry about other parts of his game. What he does do though is keep the opposition CBs “in check”
Son is awful CF in a possession side but we have gone over that loads on here
We need someone that Ange trusts
If that is form the youth then I’ll back that
If it’s a new signing I hope it’s Toney (who I’m told we want) because his skill set, age and hunger will work well for us to really push through the youth too
The supply line to these players is very good. It could be better of course but I think it’s very functional now for Ange ball

Agreed
We averaged 2 goals a game without playing a CF for most games
Richy and Son are players who spent their whole career playing wide and have been moved centrally over time and not regularly
Richy averages a goal a game there for us when fit (post hip op) so in theory is a good fit but I do worry about other parts of his game. What he does do though is keep the opposition CBs “in check”
Son is awful CF in a possession side but we have gone over that loads on here
We need someone that Ange trusts
If that is form the youth then I’ll back that
If it’s a new signing I hope it’s Toney (who I’m told we want) because his skill set, age and hunger will work well for us to really push through the youth too
The supply line to these players is very good. It could be better of course but I think it’s very functional now for Ange ball
I ageee with this.

Can’t stand Son as a CF.Never understood the call to play him there.

Richy does keep CBs occupied and that is what Son does not do. I think if we do sign a decent CF then we will challenge for top 4. Richy seems to be Injury prone.

As for top 4 last season regards other post massively disappointing to miss out but we did fall off a cliff which is a worry moving forward. Hence in think there’s a desire to see some top quality brought in. Feel we are missing something . Certainly a striker but some more quality at Full back and deeper midfield possibly.

This … I like that there is some good youngsters at the club coming through the ranks.

But for me ,we look short in attacking areas. Don’t think any of them above are top quality. Sold Kane and brought in Solomon , Johnson and Werner not great really.

Apologies for being negative as I know it does not go down well on here but as it stands I think we are not getting close to top 4 or winning silverware unless we upgrade in the final third.

Yes it’s pre season but can’t forget the 2nd half of the season . We looked like mid table muck.

Work in progress. I have said elsewhere that a striker is needed lets hope we see one soon.

I ageee with this.

Can’t stand Son as a CF.Never understood the call to play him there.

Richy does keep CBs occupied and that is what Son does not do. I think if we do sign a decent CF then we will challenge for top 4. Richy seems to be Injury prone.

As for top 4 last season regards other post massively disappointing to miss out but we did fall off a cliff which is a worry moving forward. Hence in think there’s a desire to see some top quality brought in. Feel we are missing something . Certainly a striker but some more quality at Full back and deeper midfield possibly.
The injuries hurt us and then the tournaments
I think we’re smarter all round now and also have younger players coming through to fill some of the squad elements

But that CF issue with son was glaring despite the people claiming it wasn’t

Fix that and I believe some of the counter attacking issues go away

Back