• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Ban Selfie Sticks At WHL

This depart

247C814600000578-0-image-a-1_1420653627253.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...an-selfie-sticks-grounds-fans-complaints.html

That looks like a GoPro camera on the end of his stick, so he was probably filming parts of the game. Which is only less annoying by a very very fine margain than someone using it to take pictures of themselves.

Never understood that, people who go to games or gigs and stand with their phone out all night videoing it.

That looks like a GoPro camera on the end of his stick, so he was probably filming parts of the game. Which is only less annoying by a very very fine margain than someone using it to take pictures of themselves.

Never understood that, people who go to games or gigs and stand with their phone out all night videoing it.

Now this I completely agree with. Absolutely drives me bonkers.

It's not something I do either. And I can confidently predict that if I live to be a hundred, I will never own a "selfie stick". But I have to admit... I stopped criticising others for that kind of thing after I saw this cartoon. It may only be a crudely-drawn stick figure comic strip, but it's still true.

photos.png

http://xkcd.com/1314/

It's not something I do either. And I can confidently predict that if I live to be a hundred, I will never own a "selfie stick". But I have to admit... I stopped criticising others for that kind of thing after I saw this cartoon. It may only be a crudely-drawn stick figure comic strip, but it's still true.

photos.png

Haha, in the context of the cartoon (i.e some bloke annoyed because someone is taking a picture of a sunset) I can understand, and that wouldn't annoy me at all. But when you're trying to enjoy a band and there are so many people in front of you with their phones in the air that your view is actually obstructed, it's a bit of a pain in the ****.

Was at a darkness gig a year or so ago where your man Justin Hawkins stopped the band mid song, took a phone off a guy who'd been standing there all night annoying everyone and proceeded to video himself dropping the phone into his own trousers and rubbing it off his sweaty balls and ****, before throwing it to the security guard and telling the guy he could get it after the show. Was brilliant.

photos.png

There is another argument for sporting events though that people are being priced out of.
The phone viewer is taking someones seat who wants to watch the game.
They might as well be watching at home through a camera as watch at the stadium through a camera.
Also many would argue they are affecting the atmosphere that others are paying to be a part of.

Imagine someone watching the final game at WHL before the new stadium through the view screen of a camera while someone who would enjoy it is left watching on a stream.

I didn't even know these existed!!!!

I only knew about these things taking the gf around London when I saw hundreds of them at Buckingham Palace.
Seems that they were also used to take vid/pics from a higher viewpoint(over the heads of the crowds).

the phone viewer still bought the ticket, they can enjoy it (or not) however they like

So if 20,000 gooners all bought tickets to one our Europa games and turned up thats okay?

In football it's up to the club to decide how the ticket buyer is allowed to enjoy it or not.

In football it's up to the club to decide how the ticket buyer is allowed to enjoy it or not.

that's a valid opinion, but I couldn't disagree more

on your other point, I go to to many other clubs to watch games, because I enjoy football, I don't cheer for them, or "add to the atmosphere", I'll applaud good play (for either team, no mater which section I'm in), is that wrong?

In the first pic, the selfie stick appears to have a knob on the end - standard feature of all of them? I too never knew they existed, but I bet when I see one it too will have a knob at one end...

Yep, so long as they don't impinge upon someone else's enjoyment of it.

This is the point, if you want to watch 90 minutes behind a phone, go ahead.

But once you increase the size/range of the device, you inevitably will interrupt other people's experience (the ***** who take iPads to concerts to take pictures and hold it up blocking people's view come readily to mind). A selfie stick inevitably will be ****ing up someone else's frame of view.

And it really is ****ing annoying ...

This is the point, if you want to watch 90 minutes behind a phone, go ahead.

But once you increase the size/range of the device, you inevitably will interrupt other people's experience (the ***** who take iPads to concerts to take pictures and hold it up blocking people's view come readily to mind). A selfie stick inevitably will be ****ing up someone else's frame of view.

And it really is ****ing annoying ...

Amen...I've never seen anything more ridiculous than people taking a photo with an iPad which is at least twice the size of a digital camera.

that's a valid opinion, but I couldn't disagree more

on your other point, I go to to many other clubs to watch games, because I enjoy football, I don't cheer for them, or "add to the atmosphere", I'll applaud good play (for either team, no mater which section I'm in), is that wrong?

Good question. Really depends of whether there are empty seats or fans of the club being priced out of attending doesnt it?

Back