• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Ban Selfie Sticks At WHL

Seriously the most annoying things ever. I guess their stick-like nature made a ban inevitable sooner or later, though. :)

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious seeing as you're already not allowed sticks in flags.

Not at Spurs, but I once heard of a blind fan who got his stick taken off him because the guy on the turnstyle didn't believe he was really blind!

I'm sure I saw some pillock on the TV "celebrating" one of our goals whilst holding a selfie stick.

What an ars.ehole.

I'm sure I saw some pillock on the TV "celebrating" one of our goals whilst holding a selfie stick.

What an ars.ehole.

This depart

247C814600000578-0-image-a-1_1420653627253.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...an-selfie-sticks-grounds-fans-complaints.html

Good, get rid of these sticks -- also, the word 'selfie.' And the word 'banter.' Replace them with the word 'ponce.'

For example: "Put down your camera and watch the game -- that you have paid to see -- with your own eyes, you f**king ponce."

That doesn't really work, but you get the idea. Try it yourself, like the art-attack guy once said.

I see what you are you saying dza, and I wouldn't do it myself, when I see others I do think, really? but at the end of the day, it doesn't affect me, it makes them happy, let em get on with it, I like to take photos, I've spent money to help me take better ones, their selfie stick is my monopod or lens filter

I really don't get the hate for these things in general. Sure they certainly have no place at a football match, but I think they're handy if you're on holiday and are worried about handing your camera/phone over to a stranger asking them to take a photo of you.

I was going to get one for our family trip to Salzburg over Christmas as I was tired of having photos of either just the wife and my boy, or me and my boy.

I really don't get the hate for these things in general. Sure they certainly have no place at a football match, but I think they're handy if you're on holiday and are worried about handing your camera/phone over to a stranger asking them to take a photo of you.

I was going to get one for our family trip to Salzburg over Christmas as I was tired of having photos of either just the wife and my boy, or me and my boy.

you should have just concentrated on getting pics of you and your boy, I can forward some of your wife if you are short of them.

I see what you are you saying dza, and I wouldn't do it myself, when I see others I do think, really? but at the end of the day, it doesn't affect me, it makes them happy, let em get on with it, I like to take photos, I've spent money to help me take better ones, their selfie stick is my monopod or lens filter

I have a "selfie stick" but I don't use it for selfies. I use it as a monopod when I don't want to bring a big camera, as my xperia z3 is capable enough for many situations. The selfie stick is good for stability and reducing motion when recording video + it gives otions to get better angles and hight. It's a useful tool.

Agree 100% Why the aggro over a bloody stick? Why are people getting so offended by them? I picked up one at xmas, having been to a few festivals and gigs over the past 12 months where it def would've had its uses!
I'd sooner be stood behind someone with a mere 10mm thick stick in my eyeline, than people who spend most of their time at an event with both arms up high to hold their phone - now that is obstructive an fcukin annoying!!!

apparently the reasoning is they could be used as a weapon, so i assume scarves are now banned, and programmes, and shoes

Back