• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Set Pieces

When are we going to fudgein sort out our set pieces? Games like these today could come down to set pieces. This is especially crucial when it is an attacking team like us who gets lots of set pieces and corners. We get seven or eight and they pose no fudgein problem.
12,5 years later, and this first post is still relevant.

To be fair, nothing wrong with our set pieces today (defensively, anyway). Momentary lapse in concentration, happens to every team (although Romero is picking up a habit of being unreliable in derbies).

More want to draw attention to Vicario's flapping and his general inability to control his box, which led directly to that set piece and that goal.

You look at Raya on the other side and he's massively assured at coming out and claiming balls into the box - it's a big reason why they're so hard to break down.

Vicario, by contrast, flaps. And this is a problem we've had for roughly 16 years, because Hugo also used to flap at corners - before him, Friedel used to stay rooted to his line, and before him, Gomes was the definition of randomness. We haven't had a commanding presence in the box since Paul Robinson in the late 2000's.

And remember, we could have had Raya - he was top of our list last summer by all accounts, but we balked at the fee and bought the cheaper Vicario instead. Hasn't been a bad gamble all things considered, but there is often a reason why players cost what they do, and that was on full display today.

To be fair, nothing wrong with our set pieces today (defensively, anyway). Momentary lapse in concentration, happens to every team (although Romero is picking up a habit of being unreliable in derbies).

More want to draw attention to Vicario's flapping and his general inability to control his box, which led directly to that set piece and that goal.

You look at Raya on the other side and he's massively assured at coming out and claiming balls into the box - it's a big reason why they're so hard to break down.

Vicario, by contrast, flaps. And this is a problem we've had for roughly 16 years, because Hugo also used to flap at corners - before him, Friedel used to stay rooted to his line, and before him, Gomes was the definition of randomness. We haven't had a commanding presence in the box since Paul Robinson in the late 2000's.

And remember, we could have had Raya - he was top of our list last summer by all accounts, but we balked at the fee and bought the cheaper Vicario instead. Hasn't been a bad gamble all things considered, but there is often a reason why players cost what they do, and that was on full display today.

Vicario is a better keeper than Reya imo. Reya is better protected. Reya is a very good keeper though

I see where we’ve been going wrong. Just push the opposition in the back, easy. Set pieces fixed.

Yes i agree, it seems that Romero is the latest of our players to get the blame game from certain fans. He was pushed in the back and the Arse player got away doing in. Now as for the keeper i do like him but he has to grow a pair and start knocking opposing players out of his way and come and get the ball.

Yes i agree, it seems that Romero is the latest of our players to get the blame game from certain fans. He was pushed in the back and the Arse player got away doing in. Now as for the keeper i do like him but he has to grow a pair and start knocking opposing players out of his way and come and get the ball.
Both were weak

Would you not like to see us start two out and out defenders for once ?

Romero and Vdv are both good defenders imo what lets them look a lot worse then they are is our CM and a lack of a DM in there. They are both left wide open to opposing players because none of our CM players have a defensive mindset. imo

Romero and Vdv are both good defenders imo what lets them look a lot worse then they are is our CM and a lack of a DM in there. They are both left wide open to opposing players because none of our CM players have a defensive mindset. imo
Romero is making mistakes that have nothing to do with the lack of a DM.

See I get the logic but the missing DM isn’t why Romero takes so long to pass or switches off a couple of times a game
I’d get it if he was under constant attacking pressure

Back