• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I understand that it looks a bit odd/quirky, is different to a lot of English managers and also did well at Dortmund, however the way the media portray him suggests that he could take a non-league time up through the leagues and win the title. Sky are going to hate it when Liverpool finish 6th or 7th. Wonder how much seasons of us finishing above them its going to take before they ever give us as much credit as they do Liverpool

He did well with Dortmund in a league that consisted of Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and 16 punchbags.

12 points clear of Chelsea.

I know to many Chelsea fans and no matter what happens this season I would never live it down if they finished above us after their start to the season. As long as we finish above this cnuts I will be fine, but I got a bad feeling, this is tottenham after all.
Indeed... after the 12 point gap we infamously threw away against the Goons 4 seasons ago, I shan't count my chickens until it's mathematically certain we're going to finish above the Chavs plus there's no chance of them winning the CL to nick our spot.

Indeed... after the 12 point gap we infamously threw away against the Goons 4 seasons ago, I shan't count my chickens until it's mathematically certain we're going to finish above the Chavs plus there's no chance of them winning the CL to nick our spot.

Correct. Bearing in mind we have go there too in April. In can soon whittle away

Exactly - they could easily go on a title winning run and as a Spurs fan, every time we have been put under pressure over the years, we generally crumble. This team is better but I do worry about fatigue and a lack of activity in the window - hence why I am still feel 5th is our most likely finishing position

BBC Leicester apparantly reporting Vardy could about for 2 weeks, due to undergo minor procedure. Every little bit helps I suppose

Very handy news about Vardy.

I'd have settled for a point away to Everton but as discussed, we've settled for a lot of points (draws) this season.

I stand by my previous opinion that top four is possible, title isn't. Emirates Marketing Project and Arse will battle it out, luckily they still have one to play at Etihad Stadium.

Something I heard earlier was that arsenals only dropped points at home to the Spam was against us. They when some hard away games coming up and it will have a big effect on where they finish

Very handy news about Vardy.

I'd have settled for a point away to Everton but as discussed, we've settled for a lot of points (draws) this season.

I stand by my previous opinion that top four is possible, title isn't. Emirates Marketing Project and Arse will battle it out, luckily they still have one to play at Etihad Stadium.

Yep, top 4 is still a realistic possibility, in fact, I would be gutted if we don't there considering how average United, Liverpool and Chelsea have been.

We draw too many games to be title contenders IMO. Emirates Marketing Project and Scum are more ruthless.

Yep, top 4 is still a realistic possibility, in fact, I would be gutted if we don't there considering how average United, Liverpool and Chelsea have been.

We draw too many games to be title contenders IMO. Emirates Marketing Project and Scum are more ruthless.

Let's see

As I said earlier Arsenal haven't got a great away record and they have to come to us, city, Liverpool and West Ham

They are where they are off the back of 23 points at home and 19 away yet haven't played anyone amazing away other than Leicester and have harder games to come In theory

City have 24 at home and only 15 away....

Both sides will drop hard points IMO and we still can pick up more playing like we did today

Onky concern I have is we don't win without the Mighty Moose...

The way i see it, we are playing very, very well and are only 4th. Emirates Marketing Project looking average sit 3rd and Arsenal looking average also, sit second. In addition, Man Utd haveing a shocking season right behind us, similarly, as are Liverpool.

This is a shining example of relativity.

He did well with Dortmund in a league that consisted of Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and 16 punchbags.

First of all you're underestimating a couple of German teams. To describe Schalke for example as a punchbag is ridiculous.

Second the situation with Bayern and Dortmund that far ahead of the rest was the situation after Klopp had time to work on that Dortmund side. If you think that was the situation before he took over you're just wrong.

Edit: On financial strength Dortmund are nowhere near Bayern. To lump them in with Bayern and describe the remaining 16 way below that is way off. Schalke are a lot closer to Dortmund than Dortmund are to Bayern.

Would you say Roberto Di Matteo is proven?

That's a strange and perhaps even ridiculous comparison. RDM has no pedigree or track record of success in league terms in any country. Klopp has won multiple titles in arguably the 2nd or 3rd strongest league in Europe dominated by one of Europe's biggest superpowers. RDM had an unbelievably lucky run. Winning the league can't be described as luck. They were only knocked out by Real Madrid (the eventual winners) IIRC the following season also in the knockout stages.

I will be very disappointed if we don't finish top 3! Apart from City and Arsenal there aren't any good teams (apart from us). Both Manure and Liverpool are very ordinary teams, and we should be better than them. I think we will be fairly close to the title, and we will rue all our draws, as I don't think we will be in a better position for the title for a long time. Both Chelski and Manure will bounce back next year.

I will be very disappointed if we don't finish top 3! Apart from City and Arsenal there aren't any good teams (apart from us). Both Manure and Liverpool are very ordinary teams, and we should be better than them. I think we will be fairly close to the title, and we will rue all our draws, as I don't think we will be in a better position for the title for a long time. Both Chelski and Manure will bounce back next year.

What were your expectations at the start of the season?

Back