• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

I want more than just a good sub performance when we only need to protect a lead or when we're already dominating.

I don't understand what's unclear about what I'm saying. There's a big difference between coming on for 15-20 minutes and looking good and performing for a full game from the start. I think it's fair to think that it's about time Parker starts performing for full games now.

Up against Michael Brown he didn't show that he's a better player. That's not the same as him not being a better player, or that he hasn't shown that he's a better player in short periods in other games.

From a 32 year old who is supposed to be one of our best players, one of our leaders who sometimes is our captain I expect more.

and what was Vertonghen's excuse for a poor showing up against the rubbish and derided by his own fans Luke Varney, plus McCormack

im not Parker's biggest fan but i cannot believe he is being singled out the way he is

I don't think Parker's regressed or got any worse due to the injury - we're just used to better now. A few months of starts for Sandro has shown us all what a proper, modern, talented midfielder looks like.

Swansea - 90th minute
Stoke - 85th minute
Villa - 66th minute
Sunderland 83rd minute
Reading 69th minute
Coventry start, subbed at 80.
QPR 25th minute
United - start, subbed at 80
Leeds - start
Norwich - start

So he's played in 10 games, granted some of them were not for long. He has played for a majority of the time in the majority of the last five games.

How long will it take to find rhythm? Because we can't really afford to wait.

cant afford to wait? what are the alternatives then? Is it parker's fault he is coming back from a serious injury and is expected to immediately fill the boots of the in form Beast?

is Parker's form erratic on purpose. Is he purposely playing brick at times?

what is your solution then?

its actually all Sandro's fault, if he hadn't played so well Parker wouldn't be such a step down

hows that for twisted logic?

cant afford to wait? what are the alternatives then? Is it parker's fault he is coming back from a serious injury and is expected to immediately fill the boots of the in form Beast?

Time machine, remind 'Arry that it's not the 1980s, go back a little further, keep Carrick. Done.

and what was Vertonghen's excuse for a poor showing up against the rubbish and derided by his own fans Luke Varney, plus McCormack

im not Parker's biggest fan but i cannot believe he is being singled out the way he is

I thought Vertonghen got quite a bit of criticism too.

Along with most of our players after that game.

The alternative is to dare is to do.

fudge a holding mid who slows down our counters and attacking moves.

Holtby + Dembele in midfield. Dembele as the muscle and can get forward, Holtby has more creativity.

It's not on purpose. But one of them was against a fudging championship team.

I don't think Parker's regressed or got any worse due to the injury - we're just used to better now. A few months of starts for Sandro has shown us all what a proper, modern, talented midfielder looks like.

yeah, but last time i looked Sandro is no longer available, and for a long time too. We are used to something that we no longer have.

Parker is what he is. AVB wanted him at Chelsea. Now he chooses to play him at Spurs whilst Sandro is out. So we either have to blame AVB for not knowing what he is doing, or we blame Levy for not providing AVB with the funds to find a replacement for Sandro

because nowhere at the club do we have a replacement for Sandro ](*,)

yeah, but last time i looked Sandro is no longer available, and for a long time too. We are used to something that we no longer have.

Parker is what he is. AVB wanted him at Chelsea. Now he chooses to play him at Spurs whilst Sandro is out. So we either have to blame AVB for not knowing what he is doing, or we blame Levy for not providing AVB with the funds to find a replacement for Sandro

because nowhere at the club do we have a replacement for Sandro ](*,)

No club - not even the top ones in the world have a replacement the quality of Sandro. As I said when we bought Parker, he'll do as backup. It's unfortunate that we've lost Sandro for such an extended period of time, but that's the same for just about any club that loses one of their best players.

Ideally we'd have a talented youngster coming through who doesn't mind sitting on the bench when he's learning his trade, but how many of them are around?

The alternative is to dare is to do.

fudge a holding mid who slows down our counters and attacking moves.

Holtby + Dembele in midfield. Dembele as the muscle and can get forward, Holtby has more creativity.

It's not on purpose. But one of them was against a fudging championship team.

booo fcuking hooo.....Spurs failed to beat West Brom, Norwich and Wigan at HOME and Sandro started all those games. Disgrace isnt it

to dare is to do? id like to see Dembele and Holtby together, but AVB says he wants to use Holtby further forward.

It seems you want no more of Parker. Fair play, but i think yu have more of an issue with AVB and Levy then than with the player. Its not his fault he isnt as good as Sandro and is being judged as a result

booo fcuking hooo.....Spurs failed to beat West Brom, Norwich and Wigan at HOME and Sandro started all those games. Disgrace isnt it

to dare is to do? id like to see Dembele and Holtby together, but AVB says he wants to use Holtby further forward.

It seems you want no more of Parker. Fair play, but i think yu have more of an issue with AVB and Levy then than with the player. Its not his fault he isnt as good as Sandro and is being judged as a result

No i'm perfectly happy with Levy and AVB thanks.

If Parker was playing to the standard he himself set last season than i would be fine with him. He's not, therefore other solutions must be looked at.

I hope that he's not planning to replace Dempsey with Holtby. Our striker in the best form for a creative makes no sense.

West brom, norwich and wigan are premiership teams.. Leeds is still a championship team.. i don't quite get the relevance. We failed to beat more difficult teams with Sandro playing?

And no one criticized the players after those games?

What is the problem with people voicing their opinion that they don't think Parker has been good enough, seems to happen about just about every single player at the club at some point.

No i'm perfectly happy with Levy and AVB thanks.

If Parker was playing to the standard he himself set last season than i would be fine with him. He's not, therefore other solutions must be looked at.

West brom, norwich and wigan are premiership teams.. Leeds is still a championship team.. i don't quite get the relevance. We failed to beat more difficult teams with Sandro playing?

and we outplayed Man Utd with Parker playing, so where are we going with this

i mentioned West Brom, Norwich and Wigan because they are normally sides you would expect to beat if you are a top 4 challenger. Plus we were playing at home. We played leeds at Elland Road which over the years has been a graveyard for Spurs sides. The whole team were poor against Leeds, picking out Parker seems a tad unfair. Thats all im saying.

if you think Parker should be up to speed by now and back to the form he had last season then fair enough. I disagree, i think it will take longer and unfortunately i dont see AVB dropping him anytime soon. I would have liked us to have signed Capoue from Toulouse, or even Diame, younger DMs. We didnt, and we have to make do with what we have

and we outplayed Man Utd with Parker playing, so where are we going with this

i mentioned West Brom, Norwich and Wigan because they are normally sides you would expect to beat if you are a top 4 challenger. Plus we were playing at home. We played leeds at Elland Road which over the years has been a graveyard for Spurs sides. The whole team were poor against Leeds, picking out Parker seems a tad unfair. Thats all im saying.

if you think Parker should be up to speed by now and back to the form he had last season then fair enough. I disagree, i think it will take longer and unfortunately i dont see AVB dropping him anytime soon. I would have liked us to have signed Capoue from Toulouse, or even Diame, younger DMs. We didnt, and we have to make do with what we have

Er we failed to beat Man United with Parker playing if you recall.

The whole team were poor against Leeds, bar Dempsey really. We are talking about Parker because this is the Parker thread.. :eek: shocking i know. If it was the Vertonghen thread, we would have talked about how bad he was against Leeds, but it's not.

If you want to have a conversation about those players, then bump their threads and we shall.

If he's not up to speed and he's picked as first choice i can't see us getting anywhere near fourth. Thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
Er we failed to beat Man United with Parker playing if you recall.

The whole team were poor against Leeds, bar Dempsey really. We are talking about Parker because this is the Parker thread.. :eek: shocking i know. If it was the Vertonghen thread, we would have talked about how bad he was against Leeds, but it's not.

If he's not up to speed and he's picked as first choice i can't see us getting anywhere near fourth. Thats just my opinion.

just had a look at the Vertonghen thread, and surprise surprise not a peep from anyone regarding his outrageously poor performance against Leeds:-k

so if Parker plays poorly and we dont get 4th its all basically his faukt, or AVB's for picking him? :) rightio

just had a look at the Vertonghen thread, and surprise surprise not a peep from anyone regarding his outrageously poor performance against Leeds:-k

so if Parker plays poorly and we dont get 4th its all basically his faukt, or AVB's for picking him? :) rightio

Then go and fecking post about him if you want.

If parker plays poorly it'd be partly AVB's fault for picking him and partly Parkers fault for playing badly. Where does this need for absolutes come from?

We can't afford any passengers in our quest for fourth place.

Parker is parker, a battler, getting older and coming with more injuries. We'll be fine, but I do still blame him for showing inside left to rvp at effeminates last season for their f'in equaliser.

Aside from that, we need what he can do. He'll get better. Hopefully score a goal !

Then go and fecking post about him if you want.

If parker plays poorly it'd be partly AVB's fault for picking him and partly Parkers fault for playing badly. Where does this need for absolutes come from?

We can't afford any passengers in our quest for fourth place.

Ekotto.....looks out of form

Caulker....not as composed as he was a few months ago

Vertonghen...seems to be lacking concentration

Parker....not quite at the races after being out for over 7 months

Defoe....1 goal in 9 games? Is injured and is being forced to play and it shows

Adebayor....not exactly in form is he. A passenger if ever i saw one

Ekotto.....looks out of form

Caulker....not as composed as he was a few months ago

Vertonghen...seems to be lacking concentration

Parker....not quite at the races after being out for over 7 months

Defoe....1 goal in 9 games? Is injured and is being forced to play and it shows

Adebayor....not exactly in form is he. A passenger if ever i saw one

Ekkotto - actually recently returned from injury

verts - one or two off games

parker - been back for a while and still not showing signs of being good enough

Defoe - Injured speaks for itself no?

Ade - currently away in ACN, you can't be a passenger if you're not even in the team at the moment.

Edit: crap missed caulker - one bad game.

Last edited:
ok ok, i get it. An excuse for everyone but Parker.

cool. Ive said my piece. Hopefully Bale, Lennon, Holtby and Dembele can drive the side forward to 3rd or 4th place

COYS

Back