• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

No Verts, Sandro, Paulhino or Chadli? Benteleb plays though, so it can't be because they need to be rested re world Cup. Are they all gone by the closure of the window?

Algeria played their last game 30 June.
France exited 4 July.
Belgium went a day later.
Netherlands and Brazil played each other 12 July.

There's a very good reason Lloris has been rushed back into action. Or maybe he just came back fit and ready?

Sandro is clearly not fit yet after his injury.

Algeria played their last game 30 June.
France exited 4 July.
Belgium went a day later.
Netherlands and Brazil played each other 12 July.

There's a very good reason Lloris has been rushed back into action. Or maybe he just came back fit and ready?

Sandro is clearly not fit yet after his injury.

I think it's to do with Poch's demand for high-levels of fitness for intense pressing.

Lloris is a GK so that isn't really an issue. Bentaleb will just have natural fitness because of his age.

I think the 3 Belgiums are all just a week or two behind in pre-season and Poch won't use them till he's satisfied they are up to speed. Paulinho is probably another fortnight behind them both because of his extra week in the competition and because of not having a summer break for a few years.

With Sandro I think it's just his ACL recovery and/or his virus means he's not fit enough for Poch's high-intensity game yet, but is getting there - he looked sharper in pre-season and will hopefully get a good run-out on Thursday.

The two odd ones are Ade and Kaboul. He obviously risked a not fit Ade over Soldado because he wanted a big man for a physical away game, and he risked a cripple Kaboul over Dawson. Neither of these turned out too well in the end.

There's been a lot of questions raised over Sandro (and others) fitness levels the last season - and we know from quotes since he has joined us that Pochettino is a bit of a fitness freak, so it's quite plausible there's nothing more to it than that

There's been a lot of questions raised over Sandro (and others) fitness levels the last season - and we know from quotes since he has joined us that Pochettino is a bit of a fitness freak, so it's quite plausible there's nothing more to it than that

All I know is that before his injury his fitness was excellent, so if Poch can get him back, and even fitter than he was before he really will be a beast.

I've assumed that we are using the luxury of having few injuries at the moment to give the players with ongoing fitness issues a rest and only bring them back when they are close to 100%.

Are we ready to say goodbye to the Beast? I think he'll be on his way out to Italy. I don't think he'll ever quite be the same player again. The knee plays on his mind. One more injury to it and his career's over. A slower pace would suit him. Shame, was a 20 million player once. Half that now.

Shouldn't be sold for only 10m, he's the best DM we've got.

Why we'd part with him before paulinho I'll never know.

Injury has stopped him fulfilling his early promise, so £10m seems a reasonable figure -- it'll be a punt for the buying club.

Injury has stopped him fulfilling his early promise, so £10m seems a reasonable figure -- it'll be a punt for the buying club.

Replace 'punt' with 'steal' IMO. You're right that he hasn't fulfilled what we all know he can do (Or is it 'hope he can do'??) but I'd consider double that to be an accurate figure.

10m is a joke.

For who?

The pre-injuries Sandro - possibly

The post-injury Sandro, however....

Before spouting such statements, think....

Would any of the top 6 in the Premiership buy him? NO

Would any team in Europe (or mid table Premiership side) be willing to spend more than 10 mill for him? Again NO

Back