• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Nick Mabrickr ‏@nickmabrickr 11m11 minutes ago
Believe the £22million figure quoted for Berahino is wide of the mark, #thfc yet to go that high. #wba

There gets a point where you say fudge it, too expensive, whose number 2 or 3 on our list. I'd suggest 25m is the absolute max for him and even that is a push (22m was a very fair offer).
Agreed.

I can see why WBA are doing this - this is probably their only possibility to ever make any decent money as a club. They don't have an academy churning out players, they're not a stepping stone to the likes of Real, etc. and they're certainly not going to make money by winning things.

WBA have to kill their golden goose as it's refusing to lay eggs - so they're squeezing it for all the gold it has.

There gets a point where you say fudge it, too expensive, whose number 2 or 3 on our list. I'd suggest 25m is the absolute max for him and even that is a push (22m was a very fair offer).

We probably are quite far down our list already, you know. Nothing else can explain why we waited so long to start the process of bidding for him, even after already dropping seven points to date.

No. To use a sea-depth analogy, beneath Saido Berahino is likely an energetically floundering Charlie Austin, trying desperately to stay above the abyssal blackness of the Marianas Trench that is our likely selection of last-ditch options. Zamora. Mido on loan.

A new contract for Ade.

They really are being utter turdballs with all these tweets.

Trying to show us in a bad light as an unsettling influence on their player.

We are not criminals for bidding for a player...they can of course discreetly tell us to go and do one, yet they seem to want to play everything out in the media, rank bunch of amateurs.

We probably are quite far down our list already, you know. Nothing else can explain why we waited so long to start the process of bidding for him, even after already dropping seven points to date.

No. To use a sea-depth analogy, beneath Saido Berahino is likely an energetically floundering Charlie Austin, trying desperately to stay above the abyssal blackness of the Marianas Trench that is our likely selection of last-ditch options. Zamora. Mido on loan.

A new contract for Ade.

We haven't really been linked with many other strikers though have we? Certainly not better than saido. Would suggest it's more a problem with the team putting this list together as much as it is Levy.

Berahino was never going to cost under 20m and certainly not before the season started when we would have liked him. Had we offered 22m in July for example, I think wba would have told us to do one, or we'd have had to offer something like a Luke shaw fee for him - I personally hope our club don't start going down that road.

We should have had a nice long list from across the world of suitable and get table targets.

So I think, its pretty clear that Levy now has to choose between bidding £25m or to move on.

I would be tempted to move on; but then again, I dont know who the backup option is.
Looks like West Ham are reasonably close to getting Zaza on a year's loan for a fee of about 2 million, with an option to make it permanent for another 12 million. Better value?!?

We haven't really been linked with many other strikers though have we? Certainly not better than saido. Would suggest it's more a problem with the team putting this list together as much as it is Levy.

Berahino was never going to cost under 20m and certainly not before the season started when we would have liked him. Had we offered 22m in July for example, I think wba would have told us to do one, or we'd have had to offer something like a Luke shaw fee for him - I personally hope our club don't start going down that road.

We should have had a nice long list from across the world of suitable and get table targets.

We were supposedly in for Martial earlier in the summer before he signed a new contract at Monaco.

They really are being utter turdballs with all these tweets.

Trying to show us in a bad light as an unsettling influence on their player.

We are not criminals for bidding for a player...they can of course discreetly tell us to go and do one, yet they seem to want to play everything out in the media, rank bunch of amateurs.

Especially when we've discreetly bid for the player. They're the ones that have let it out. I think Levy will not be enjoying this as he doesn't like for transfers to be played out in the public domain, but I would imagine that a final bid will be going in. Still all's fair in love and war.

Especially when we've discreetly bid for the player. They're the ones that have let it out. I think Levy will not be enjoying this as he doesn't like for transfers to be played out in the public domain, but I would imagine that a final bid will be going in. Still all's fair in love and war.

had a little look at a wba forum.....loads of love for Jeremy and up yours Levy going on.

I think this is what jeremy wants.....a moral victory over Levy.....no thought for the effect on the player. They are entitled to squeeze us but playing it all out in public like this is not right.

Like bill said, Martial. Also Ings, Embolo, Aubameyang, Yarmolenko and Rodriguez. And that's just by Sky.

Edit: Also Moses.

Edit Edit: After a glance at their 'Tottenham Transfer News' page, also Moses, Icardi, Falcao, Benteke and Jackson Martinez.

These tweets are just public relations rubbish. They are trying to show to their fans that they are fighting for Berahino and want to give the impression that they are "not selling" the reality is the club are willing to sell, they just know they can squeeze a little more out of us, given our current situation.

These tweets and statements from West Brom are very odd.

On the surface of it, Spurs have not done anything wrong. We've made a private offer for the player... which, unless I'm mistaken, is exactly what you're supposed to do when you want to buy a player. That's how the system works. If they were really concerned about Berahino being "unsettled" by this, then surely the best thing is to make sure it stays a private matter between the clubs. Minimise the publicity surrounding it all.

It's not like the Bale saga where Madrid (via their mouthpiece newspaper) were releasing daily stories about "world record bids". Pochettino refuses to even acknowledge the question when someone asks him about Berahino, and the club have not even hinted that they are interested.

And yet West Brom are broadcasting the whole thing over social media (and by extension into the mainstream media). There is precisely zero reason to do this unless they are actively drumming up interest from other clubs.. There's literally no other reason in this situation - where Spurs have not made the bids public - to scream on twitter about the guy not being for sale, unless you are in fact trying to sell him.

What's odd is that West Brom think their own fans are too thick to realise this.

so is the general consensus is that its worth bidding again?

need to make up our minds quickly and submit a third and final offer...if they reject move on...and do it quickly.

These tweets and statements from West Brom are very odd.

On the surface of it, Spurs have not done anything wrong. We've made a private offer for the player... which, unless I'm mistaken, is exactly what you're supposed to do when you want to buy a player. That's how the system works. If they were really concerned about Berahino being "unsettled" by this, then surely the best thing is to make sure it stays a private matter between the clubs. Minimise the publicity surrounding it all.

It's not like the Bale saga where Madrid (via their mouthpiece newspaper) were releasing daily stories about "world record bids". Pochettino refuses to even acknowledge the question when someone asks him about Berahino, and the club have not even hinted that they are interested.

And yet West Brom are broadcasting the whole thing over social media (and by extension into the mainstream media). There is precisely zero reason to do this unless they are actively drumming up interest from other clubs.. There's literally no other reason in this situation - where Spurs have not made the bids public - to scream on twitter about the guy not being for sale, unless you are in fact trying to sell him.

What's odd is that West Brom think their own fans are too thick to realise this.

like, like & triple like this post.

Back