• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

I think he is looking good personally

I also think mason had a solid game today but looked a bit lost as to what his role was

Dont get me wrong i think Son has stacks of talent, and those first couple of games got me very excited. However the one thing he does need (and this was noted as a worry from people who had watched him in german football) is a load more strength on the ball, from simple shielding to getting his body in the positions to benefit himself and make life awkward for any defender.

Maybe Moose could run a couple of masterclasses on a Monday morning.

Dont get me wrong i think Son has stacks of talent, and those first couple of games got me very excited. However the one thing he does need (and this was noted as a worry from people who had watched him in german football) is a load more strength on the ball, from simple shielding to getting his body in the positions to benefit himself and make life awkward for any defender.

Maybe Moose could run a couple of masterclasses on a Monday morning.

I thought he shielded it fine today, the problem was shielding it from one player and another crept in as they simply didn't do anything other than sit and defend

IMO Mason is the most creative player in our squad. He has the vision for a pass like no one else. I only saw the second half last night, but in the first half highlights later didn't he set-up the best chance with a chipped ball?

He attempts a lot of incisive high-risk passes, and doesn't quite have the accuracy of Eriksen (who trails Mason on vision), so he does give the ball away at times. But remember the alternative is turgid sideways passing.

Totally disagree
Remember Mason is a #10 finding his feet further back in CM, rather than an industrious battler who can pass.

I like Mason, but remember he is not playing as a 10 because Poch thinks he has better options in that positions

IMO Mason is the most creative player in our squad. He has the vision for a pass like no one else.

I actually think that's Lamela (witness the chipped return ball for Son today, for example), but Mason isn't far behind. However, Lamela doesn't quite know when to release it and when to hold on (or how to play simply when the situation demands it), and Mason lacks a little bit of quality when compared to less-creative but more technically talented players like Eriksen. Those things keep them from unlocking their full potential.

I actually think that's Lamela (witness the chipped return ball for Son today, for example), but Mason isn't far behind. However, Lamela doesn't quite know when to release it and when to hold on (or how to play simply when the situation demands it), and Mason lacks a little bit of quality when compared to less-creative but more technically talented players like Eriksen. Those things keep them from unlocking their full potential.

I think it's interesting watching Mason return from the injury lay-off. We have clearly kicked on a level since he was a regular last season and I think he is finding it harder to step back-up. Similarly, Lamela seems to always be 'off' when he misses a couple of games, seems to really need the fluency of regular performances. Have to say (and I know this is old man territory) but Mason's full leg tattoo is absolutely naff!

I think it's interesting watching Mason return from the injury lay-off. We have clearly kicked on a level since he was a regular last season and I think he is finding it harder to step back-up. Similarly, Lamela seems to always be 'off' when he misses a couple of games, seems to really need the fluency of regular performances. Have to say (and I know this is old man territory) but Mason's full leg tattoo is absolutely naff!

Christ, that was a *tattoo*? My resolution was terrible, so I figured some of the turf had rubbed off on his leg. :D

The situation you mention will affect Bentaleb and Chadli as well, I suspect. Bentaleb's place has been taken by Dier (in terms of position) and Alli (in terms of the B2B role he's seemingly suited for), and Chadli's goalscoring exploits will now not be enough to secure him a permanent place in a side which boasts the likes of Son and an in-form (whenever he is, anyway) Lamela. How they'll react to that will be interesting to watch as well.

Christ, that was a *tattoo*? My resolution was terrible, so I figured some of the turf had rubbed off on his leg. :D

The situation you mention will affect Bentaleb and Chadli as well, I suspect. Bentaleb's place has been taken by Dier (in terms of position) and Alli (in terms of the B2B role he's seemingly suited for), and Chadli's goalscoring exploits will now not be enough to secure him a permanent place in a side which boasts the likes of Son and an in-form (whenever he is, anyway) Lamela. How they'll react to that will be interesting to watch as well.

Indeed, I think Chadli will be fighting very very hard and now we will see if Nabil has the quality and calibre I believe he does. He will have to dig in for sure, and it will take time, but I have a feeling he will prove very important in the spring.

Indeed, I think Chadli will be fighting very very hard and now we will see if Nabil has the quality and calibre I believe he does. He will have to dig in for sure, and it will take time, but I have a feeling he will prove very important in the spring.

might be closer to "if Nabil has the quality and caliber he believes he does" but point taken.

I actually think out of Mason, Bentaleb & Chadli, I'd bet on Mason putting in the work/effort to get back into the lineup (its what he has had to do most of his career).

One of those classic, good problem to have, and I hope all of them put in the work ... if we want more than 4th, we will need them all.

Especially when also using Son in your argument, who isn't exactly looking great since coming back.

Someone else brought up Son in comparison. Son clearly looks ten times the player, he isn't as good as before the injury, but he still looks dangerous, you can see ability, same when Demeble was average, same with lamela being bad; you can see the ability is there. With mason, with Townsend too, it just isn't there. I couldn't' see it with Harry either to be fair so you never know, but they don't have age on their side either.

@milo You say the same things about players, others do too, just because you don't like what is being said you shouldn't try censor...

The guy was awful today, left walker stranded, again never contributed anything of note, gave the ball away lots. I find it utterly mental people think he's good. Blows my mind. I think people are doing it just to wind me up... Only explanation...

Someone else brought up Son in comparison. Son clearly looks ten times the player, he isn't as good as before the injury, but he still looks dangerous, you can see ability, same when Demeble was average, same with lamela being bad; you can see the ability is there. With mason, with Townsend too, it just isn't there. I couldn't' see it with Harry either to be fair so you never know, but they don't have age on their side either.

@milo You say the same things about players, others do too, just because you don't like what is being said you shouldn't try censor...

The guy was awful today, left walker stranded, again never contributed anything of note, gave the ball away lots. I find it utterly mental people think he's good. Blows my mind. I think people are doing it just to wind me up... Only explanation...

I try not to and make a conscious effort to drop out of a debate if I feel that I am repeating myself. I'd be really interested if you could point to any player that I constantly hammer.

You've been banging this drum for a year now and don't seem to be able to convincing anyone. You must be nearly as bored of this as you are making everyone else.

might be closer to "if Nabil has the quality and caliber he believes he does" but point taken.

I actually think out of Mason, Bentaleb & Chadli, I'd bet on Mason putting in the work/effort to get back into the lineup (its what he has had to do most of his career).

One of those classic, good problem to have, and I hope all of them put in the work ... if we want more than 4th, we will need them all.

Agreed!

I think Mason will prove to be a very important member of our squad. I'm a little bit worried about these injuries though and hope he doesn't go the same way of Wheelchair.

For @GrimsbyYid's benefit ;), the qualities I see in Mason are as follows:

1. He is always looking for a quick forward pass;
2. He is busy and enacts the press as most of the players. His better energy levels mean that he is important to this; and
3. He has got vision and can finish.

He is inconsistent, which is a worry but I really do think that this is something that will be eradicated from more playing time hence my worry about his injuries.

I like Mason. His first instinct is to turn see what forward passes are available and he usually finds and makes them. It's a great quality to have.

I also love his ability to time his runs and get behind the oppo's defence. He's actually been pretty unlucky not to have scored more tbh.

I probably wouldn't have him as part of my first 11 at the moment but people get suspended, injured, tired or lose form and he's more than good enough to step in.

I've noted there seems to be this perception that if you're not good enough for the starting 11 then you're not good enough for the squad which is a bit odd.

You'd think Mason would have got a new tattooist after the ripping he got for that tattoo on his arm earlier this year!

CBhMRHuUkAAufde

I like Mason. His first instinct is to turn see what forward passes are available and he usually finds and makes them. It's a great quality to have.

I also love his ability to time his runs and get behind the oppo's defence. He's actually been pretty unlucky not to have scored more tbh.
Agreed, Mason is always the guy following up shots to get rebounds, eg when Son had that header, Mason was following in to mop up any rebounds. This is often the case but it just hasn't fallen for him enough.

What does RunTMC mean... In fact what does RunDMC mean?

I think Bentaleb's career has been somewhat similar. Released by the Lille academy at 15, moving to Belgium. When we signed him up he had just had a trial with Birmingham and that was quite possibly his only other option. He broke through to the first team much earlier than Mason, but I think he's had to work really hard to get where he is.

I don't think arrogant confidence is a bad thing when it's warranted. In Bentaleb I think it quite clearly is.

Hope Mason returns soon, but if he's out for a couple of weeks (seems likely) the timing is alright with Bentaleb coming back.

Agreed, Mason is always the guy following up shots to get rebounds, eg when Son had that header, Mason was following in to mop up any rebounds. This is often the case but it just hasn't fallen for him enough.

What does RunTMC mean... In fact what does RunDMC mean?

RunDMC is Joseph "DJ Run" Simmons and Darryl McDaniels.

The other one is something basketball.

RunDMC is Joseph "DJ Run" Simmons and Darryl McDaniels.

The other one is something basketball.

Yep. In the 90s the Golden State Warriors had a bit of a golden era (pun intended) with a trio of Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond and Chris Webber. They played fast attacking basketball and were nicknamed RunTMC

Back