• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rough highlights of Prem teams' transfer windows

Kudos is 2 years and 7 months older than Bakayoko. At the age that Bakayoko is now I think Kudus had played 33 games for Ajax. Bakayoko has played 60 games for PSV. Kudus had played 8 games in Europe versus Bakayoko's 16.

Though prior to going to Ajax Kudus had played 51 games for Nordsjaelland, whereas Bakayoko played 55 games for Yong PSV (Danish first division versus Dutch second division).

If comparing Kudus to Bakayoko then you also have to consider that Kudus will be away at the African Nations Cup every two years whereas Bakayoko plays for Belgium so doesn't have that same issue (will have something of an impact on transfer fee).
I was just saying he has played less games and has less experience
That’s correct then. I did check but did it on senior season rather than months
Unless we’re gonna claim that dnaish divsiion 1 which has teams playing in Europe is on par with Dutch second division

I’d argue his weakness is he hasn’t done it regularly yet enough for the fee

I fully buy into getting players on the way up because that means lower fees initially and it’s also a gamble

That’s why Drgusins fee was relatively low as you still buying potential

£40m for me has to have an element of oven ready and proven background
2/3 seasons at least I’d say even for a youngster

Of not Nusa for €20m would be a better gamble
That's not a weakness. A weakness is something like him not being able to beat a player or can't receive ball with back to goal or is poor in the air or has poor control or can't use his left/right foot, etc....

That's not a weakness. A weakness is something like him not being able to beat a player or can't receive ball with back to goal or is poor in the air or has poor control or can't use his left/right foot, etc....
Well it’s a weakness as its relate to his value which currently is tagged on potential but to see potential you need evidence
He needs more evidence imo for his fee and it weakens his position

I was just saying he has played less games and has less experience
That’s correct then. I did check but did it on senior season rather than months
Unless we’re gonna claim that dnaish divsiion 1 which has teams playing in Europe is on par with Dutch second division
You said 'less senior games'. When in fact Bakayoko has played more senior games at the age he is now versus how many Kudus had played.

Well it’s a weakness as its relate to his value which currently is tagged on potential but to see potential you need evidence

Dutch league tax is always an issue for me, I say that without having seen this kid TBF, but its def a worry but then again you don't try, you don't get.

Loan with options seem to work well for us these days...........that would likely be the sensible route

It isn't a weakness of the player. I agree that it would be good to have more evidence for Bakayoko but I doubt he will be at PSV in another year's time.

Additionally when West Ham bought Kudus he'd had just the one good season (32 games, 12 goals), versus 34 games and 13 goals for Bakayoko last season (with him also getting more assists than Kudus). West Ham paid £38m plus bonuses for Kudus.

Players like Kudus and Bakayoko don't hang around in the Dutch league these days.

It isn't a weakness of the player. I agree that it would be good to have more evidence for Bakayoko but I doubt he will be at PSV in another year's time.

Additionally when West Ham bought Kudus he'd had just the one good season (32 games, 12 goals), versus 34 games and 13 goals for Bakayoko last season (with him also getting more assists than Kudus). West Ham paid £38m plus bonuses for Kudus.

Players like Kudus and Bakayoko don't hang around in the Dutch league these days.
They don’t
But then they don’t go to top sides
Unless there Anthony…
We will see if he leaves and where he goes
Seeing pool rejected by the Spanish guy I wouldn’t be surprised to see them move for him. They have been linked with him Bryan Mbeumo but only willing to pay the fee for the latter. That would make me think they are looking for a right sided player

Dutch league tax is always an issue for me, I say that without having seen this kid TBF, but its def a worry but then again you don't try, you don't get.

Loan with options seem to work well for us these days...........that would likely be the sensible route
Or a few with sensibly achievable extras
£20m plus £5m if he plays 50 games etc… up to a fee they are happy with

We can dress it up how we want but they have signed a bunch of players that (on paper at least) look to be improvements to their current first team incumbant. Any team that strengthens their first team so that current first team players become reserves have done well.

Of course that is easier to do for a club finishing outside the European places than it is for a club in the European places but surely we're not above saying that West Ham have had a good window so far and would seem likely to do better this season than they did last season.

I'm not above saying West Ham have a good window, as long as the context is that it's a good window for them.
Personally, I'd be upset with a window like that at our club. The two best pieces of business West Ham have done, IMO, in years, were Bowen and Kudus, the latter being a player I really wanted us to sign, the former a player I knew had decent potential but who has gone on to show his stripes and then some.
Are you doing some consulting for them? ;)

Didn't he leave Spurs at only 16 years old? (think he refused a pro deal at Spurs and signed at PSV aged 17?)

Yes. He felt we weren't showing enough for him. It was not an especially friendly exit as I remember. Poch rated him. I watched them together last season with added interest because of it.

Are you suggesting we should go for him? I have not watched him consistently, but he likes to cut inside as quickly as possible it seems. If we want to upgrade/challenge Johnson, do we not want a more orthodox dribble-and-beat-your-man winger? He's an exciting player, but is he what we need for Angeball given the fact we have to watch both our squad in terms of homegrown and our budget in terms of what we won't spend (i.e. Eze's been sitting all summer and we simply won't do that deal on their terms)?

Are you suggesting we should go for him? I have not watched him consistently, but he likes to cut inside as quickly as possible it seems. If we want to upgrade/challenge Johnson, do we not want a more orthodox dribble-and-beat-your-man winger? He's an exciting player, but is he what we need for Angeball given the fact we have to watch both our squad in terms of homegrown and our budget in terms of what we won't spend (i.e. Eze's been sitting all summer and we simply won't do that deal on their terms)?
Eze is the exact way your deceiving Bakayoko except he is HG and more expensive
I’d prefer Eze because I’m confident in his ability

Eze is the exact way your deceiving Bakayoko except he is HG and more expensive
I’d prefer Eze because I’m confident in his ability

Yup, Eze also plays off the left and could deff do Madders job too. For the extra 25 mill or so (hey, look how loose I am with others money) I think Eze would be the buy I'd make for this sort of player if we were going to make it. Truthfully, the sort of player that makes sense for Ange is Anthony Gordon IMO, but that isn't happening...

Yup, Eze also plays off the left and could deff do Madders job too. For the extra 25 mill or so (hey, look how loose I am with others money) I think Eze would be the buy I'd make for this sort of player if we were going to make it. Truthfully, the sort of player that makes sense for Ange is Anthony Gordon IMO, but that isn't happening...

Same a real after burner winger is def what would suit, that's the next big one for me on the left next year, plan for Sons departure....maybe

I'm not above saying West Ham have a good window, as long as the context is that it's a good window for them.
Personally, I'd be upset with a window like that at our club. The two best pieces of business West Ham have done, IMO, in years, were Bowen and Kudus, the latter being a player I really wanted us to sign, the former a player I knew had decent potential but who has gone on to show his stripes and then some.
Are you doing some consulting for them? ;)
If we had signed 4 or 5 players this window that go straight into our first team I'd be delighted.

If we had signed 4 or 5 players this window that go straight into our first team I'd be delighted.
We would also need to spend a LOT of money to upgrade on our first 11
We have some very very good players in our first 11 but the depth issue was the problem IMO

Royal coming in and doing his beat was admirable but he couldn’t do as job as beat to Porro at Right back or Romero at centre back … the drop off with the ball was significant and it meant we lost a lot of goals

Gentle Ben at CB was again an issue as good as he is.
We had both of them for decent chunks of the season

Now we have options. Maybe not perfect ones but ones who are for sure better with the ball and better without IMO

Same again in midfield with the whipping boy Pierre gone (the great closer of games, but the weak starter).
We have a few fit options there now which we lacked last year.

Now we have a genuine CF to alternate with Richy and I think one who will start list games because I think he is a great fit for us. We didn’t have that last year. We plumped for dropping in son who was unable to play the game

That’s huge improvements for me which addresses issues.

I can’t sit here right now and say where we will sign a player next other than following the speculation

Back