• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Great article - comme d'habitude - from The Guardian's Jonathan Liew, which refers to midfield partner Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg as "...a player who tears around the pitch with the sweaty frenzy of a man being chased by wild dogs while wearing bacon shorts".

An interesting continuation of food-based metaphors from this talented and clearly hungry writer, who once referred to the defending efforts of ManU's Harry Maguire thusly: "...whatever you may think of him now, Harry Maguire hasn't always defended like a man made of jam in a world made of wasps."

Fearless Rodrigo Bentancur keeps Tottenham ticking under pressure | Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian

No one expected this...

"His chief weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the press"

He was very good again today. One of the favourites at the club.

That moment he got the ball and went past a few Liverpool outfield players was great to see. He’s good on the ball, energetic and I think we got him for an absolute steal.
He keeps the ball with some really weird play but it’s great
I think he is bloody class

Goals aside he made a few mistakes today but on the whole I thought he was brilliant, so much drive and skill.

i think he’s a serious player and would struggle to think of a better CM in the league this season than him? Guimeres maybe, Rodri? Not many though.

Last edited:
Goals aside he made a few mistakes today but on the whole I thought he’s was brilliant, so much drive and skill.

i think he’s a serious player and would struggle to think of a better CM in the league this season than him? Guimeres maybe, Rodri? Not many though.
He made mistakes because he is knackered
He scored the goals because he is committed
He is fudging class and then some
He megs players for fun… dele would would love to play with him and compete on that front

The great thing about Bentancur (talent, ability, workrate and massive commitment aside) is that silky style he has, which to an old git like me, is very very Tottenham. Reminds me of who? Martin Peters? Not sure, but he just has the "Rolls Royce" thing about him...about damn time we had a midfielder as good as him again..

The great thing about Bentancur (talent, ability, workrate and massive commitment aside) is that silky style he has, which to an old git like me, is very very Tottenham. Reminds me of who? Martin Peters? Not sure, but he just has the "Rolls Royce" thing about him...about damn time we had a midfielder as good as him again..
Love seeing a post like this

Peters meets Berbatov...

Scored more for us than this season than his entire career (4/247 Boca & Juve,, 5/21 this season, 5/39 overall for us)

Again reminds me of Carrick that he has the potential and technique to score more goals but maybe not the mentality. Perhaps RB can properly introduce that to his game long term.

Back