• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

During the shooting drills he went down. Kane came over and they talked and then he got up and went inside. Seems odd that he started after getting injured pre-match.

Honestly, three injuries after a week off isn't a good look.

They have so much data on players now, red zones, etc.

Looks suspiciously like overtraining

Think it's a reoccurrence of his calf strain. Which is very annoying for all involved.
What a really disappointing season for him.

Absolutely.

Surprised there haven't been any further zingers from Conte aimed at the medical team because Richy's situation is truly bizarre - Injured on and off for lengthy spells in the 1st and 2nd half of the season but played consistently in the world cup in the middle looking a general terror for defenders to play against and didn't even go out with an evident injury but returned injured.

Add in elements of misfortune ie the debatable offside calls and also perhaps a bit of stubbornness in terms of him not being rotated with Son it's been a nightmare first season.

A 60m striker signing may genuinely end up having less premier league goals than Royal in his first season. That's so sexy in terms of how we do in terms of big money signings. I do feel sorry for the guy but am quietly confident he's going to be able to deal with it.

I've high hopes for both players but if you look at what Richarlison and Bissouma have contributed this season (especially considering they were PL proven meant to hit the ground running), yes money was spent but imagine if we'd spent the Bissouma money on a commanding CB instead, although this paragraph is probably for another thread and is shoulda/ woulda / coulda...

Absolutely.

Surprised there haven't been any further zingers from Conte aimed at the medical team because Richy's situation is truly bizarre - Injured on and off for lengthy spells in the 1st and 2nd half of the season but played consistently in the world cup in the middle looking a general terror for defenders to play against and didn't even go out with an evident injury but returned injured.

Add in elements of misfortune ie the debatable offside calls and also perhaps a bit of stubbornness in terms of him not being rotated with Son it's been a nightmare first season.

A 60m striker signing may genuinely end up having less premier league goals than Royal in his first season. That's so sexy in terms of how we do in terms of big money signings. I do feel sorry for the guy but am quietly confident he's going to be able to deal with it.

I've high hopes for both players but if you look at what Richarlison and Bissouma have contributed this season (especially considering they were PL proven meant to hit the ground running), yes money was spent but imagine if we'd spent the Bissouma money on a commanding CB instead, although this paragraph is probably for another thread and is shoulda/ woulda / coulda...

Who would you have got for 30m?

Literally anyone who would ensure we wouldn't have had to see Sanchez making a mockery of the art of defending this season in the case of an injury / suspension. So nevermind the money factor, tarkowski on a free or Coady on a loan would have been more productive (factoring in that without Bissouma we'd have most likely seen more of Skipp / Sarr earlier on.

A more useful answer is that the money could have gone in to buying a long term LCB, you and I have no idea if the likes of Bastoni l Gvardiol (spelling) would be possible but the stop gap of Lenglet for a season when we look like we're only going to have Control around for a season and a half is a classic "tinkling away our chances of winning anything before we've already started" imo. That said discussing the state of the defense is for another thread, much like the general hari Kari squad planning style.

Some better answers than I was expecting to be fair but any purchase at that level brings with it a fair amount of risk. The boys mentioned, while they’ve started okay with their clubs, are still largely unproven.

I also think we’ve yet to see anywhere near the best from Bissouma and he’s a player very much worth having IMO.

Some better answers than I was expecting to be fair but any purchase at that level brings with it a fair amount of risk. The boys mentioned, while they’ve started okay with their clubs, are still largely unproven.

I also think we’ve yet to see anywhere near the best from Bissouma and he’s a player very much worth having IMO.

The players I mentioned have proven themselves to be less of a trainwreck than Sanchez, I'd say that's a given.

I literally stated in my post it's shoulda / woulda / coulda - Would either Coady or Tarkowski have come to be a bench / rotation player? Who knows. And also stated that I have high hopes for Bissouma too.

It's just that the combined transfer fee for both of them have yielded little on the pitch success, I don't blame either of them nor think they're not at the level required, just lamenting our misfortune as it's a lot of money but I'm pretty sure they'll come good.

Honestly, three injuries after a week off isn't a good look.

They have so much data on players now, red zones, etc.

Looks suspiciously like overtraining
He looked distraught pre match and even more distraught when he went off. The way he pulled his shirt over his head was odd. I think he knows he’s done something pretty long term

Centre backs costing around £30m or less last summer....
Botman
Aguerd
Sule
Rudiger
Schlotterbeck
Akanji
Demiral
Coady
Collins
Kehrer
Tarkowski
Min-Jae Kim
Diallo
Ginter
Luiz Felipe
Denayer
Malang Sarr
Mbemba
Romagnoli
Diego Carlos
Calvin Bassey
Carmo

Centre backs costing around £30m or less last summer....
Botman
Aguerd
Sule
Rudiger
Schlotterbeck
Akanji
Demiral
Coady
Collins
Kehrer
Tarkowski
Min-Jae Kim
Diallo
Ginter
Luiz Felipe
Denayer
Malang Sarr
Mbemba
Romagnoli
Diego Carlos
Calvin Bassey
Carmo
I think the problem was probably that Conte wanted a very specific one (in typical Conte style) that wasn't gettable at the time. So although there were plenty available, we didn't move for any of them and did the stop-gap Lenglet loan. Even if we had bought the best one from the above list, he might have still gotten the "club signing" treatment from Conte.

Back