• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

What happened to Pallaciios in his private life is very very sad and I have every sympathy for him. However, his form had gome long before the tradegy struck.

Form fluctuates. Palacios was a good signing, we needed steel in midfield when Harry came in and he provided it. He is one of, if not, the main reason why we stayed up. I think that most people on here would accept that the long term loss of form that Palacios suffered can be traced back to his brother's murder. The story of him waiting in the hotel for Harry to wake up, in order to get permission to go to Honduras is heartbreaking. Distorting this to support a very weak argument is really low.

There was a quote from Harry when he took over (which annoyingly I cannot find) where he said that he knew how to beat Tottenham and he was going to address the areas that he would target as an opposition manager. He did that. It does not matter whether Palacios, Defoe, Crouch or Kranjcar etc. were part of our long term plans, they moved us forward and (have mainly) been shipped on before they became a burden or deadwood. Most of the deadwood at the club pre-dates Harry's tenure and is the result of our wonderful, forward looking, directors of football.

Starting with a position, disregarding anything that contradicts it and exaggerating or distorting anything that you think supports your pre-disposed position is no way to win an argument, it just makes you look a little odd. There are plenty of respected posters on here who do not support Redknapp, they make their arguments well, back them up with evidence and acknowledge when someone who disagrees with them makes a good point. I would suggest that you read some of what they write and try and be a little more like them. You will get people's backs up less and be listened to more.

129 apps, 12 goals.

1 goal every 10 games. Not exactly 'plenty of goals'.

His role in this spurs team is to stay back and cover the back four because other players can provide the goals/creativity. I highly doubt he was told to stay back as much at West Ham, thus allowing him to get forward and score those goals.

Edit: He's made 30 apps for us, so is only 3 goals short of his average at West Ham anyway, hardly statistically relevant.

"plenty of goals" for a central defensive midfield player. If he had only scored his "average" for us, those three goals could have proved vital

"plenty of goals" for a central defensive midfield player. If he had only scored his "average" for us, those three goals could have proved vital

Yes, but him playing further up the pitch could have cost us goals and we could have finished even further down the table.

You appear to be stuck on 'What if?'

It's going to be a very long summer if you don't just accept 'what will be will be'.

Yes, but him playing further up the pitch could have cost us goals and we could have finished even further down the table.

You appear to be stuck on 'What if?'

It's going to be a very long summer if you don't just accept 'what will be will be'.

okay. point taken. lets all hope that Rednapp delivers CL for us next season. Perhaps we can agree that is what we all want. A cup or two too would be nice. See you all next season.

Harry in talks over Spurs his future

HARRY REDKNAPP will kick off talks today over his Spurs future.

Redknapp has just one year left on his contract as boss — and there are fears he could quit the club.

He is due to meet club chairman Daniel Levy this afternoon to start planning for next season and beyond.

In addition to transfer targets and budgets, negotiations about a new deal will also commence.

Redknapp, 65, led Spurs to a top-four finish — but they were denied a Champions League place by Chelsea’s win over Bayern Munich in the final.

Several senior players are concerned Redknapp has barely 12 months left on his deal and feel the club should sort it out immediately.

Spurs were bottom of the Premier League when Redknapp took over in October, 2008.

He took them into the Champions League for the first time in the club’s history two years ago and narrowly missed out again this year.

Redknapp — who had minor heart surgery last year — successfully defended charges of tax evasion in February and was a leading contender for the England job until it went to Roy Hodgson.

He insisted Tottenham would be his last role in club management.

Spurs have not enjoyed the huge transfer funds of their main rivals.

Levy struck a deal to pay less than half of on-loan Emirates Marketing Project striker Emmanuel Adebayor’s ?ú160,000-a-week wages — and Redknapp is eager to sort a permanent deal soon.

Scott Parker has been one of Redknapp’s success stories since joining from West Ham for ?ú5million last summer.

England midfield star Parker, 31, said: “I think I’ve complemented the team well and the players have complemented me.

“I didn’t lose until my 11th game for the club, away to Stoke.

“We went on a great run and that coincided with me coming into the team, so I took great confidence from that.

“As a kid I supported Spurs, so it has been fantastic for me.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-in-talks-on-his-Spurs-future-amid-fears.html

Just when the grown uos were having an intelligent conversation, we get this juvenile, snide, meaningless, unargued post.

Astonishing post, so very wrong in so many ways.

I have enjoyed ridiculing your posts and I think its only fair that I explain why.

You are of my generation so I guess you will have seen an "I love Lucy" show. They were flesh crawlingly horrible to watch, as you saw the central character stagger from one embarassing moment to another, opening her mouth and letting faux pas and gaffe, after gaffe fall out out in an ever embarassing deluge.

You have come onto this site, and as far as I can tell, have been determined to show what a hard hitting, incisive and uber critical footballing expert you are. And yet, almost every post falls woefully short of anything meaningful, and crawls into the stunningly embarassing and gobsmackingly wrong with every post you put in. It has come to the point where we (I for sure) read your posts with the dread that you feel as you slow down for a car accident, you know its going to be horrendous to see and a bloody mess, but you look anyway.

I really cant be bothered to try to answer your posts, because they are so naive and error strewn, and you now seem to have got the bit between your teeth, and have jumped on the "fudge Redknapp" bandwagon, that you have failed to notice that everyone else has slid off and gone elsewhere, for fear of being associated with you, your standpoint or any of the dire and pathetic posts you are submitting.

I have tried poking fun, as well as ridicule, in the hope that you might get the hint - but its not working. Now you have started telling me that I shouldn't interfere with grown ups conversations - AS IF YOU WERE CAPABLE of participating! Let me tell you, YOU - ARE - NOT!

I may take some flak for this, I may even get some more points on the board, I hope not - as this is a genuine attempt to discuss the posts you have made, and not an attempt to insult you, I don't know you, so I can't and wont do that. You have told me that you have two degrees, and despite my poking fun in the past, I have to accept that you must be a fairly bright guy, so I hope you can see what I am saying here, and take notice.

The bottom line is that you are not doing yourself any favours, and I think that its probably because your core knowledge of the game is fairly poor. It might do you a bit of good if you just read the threads and ask questions, rather than trying to participate and convince people that you have insights or valid opinions to offer. The evidence so far is not good, and it will stop you embarassing yourself any further, if you just throttled back a bit.

Your call. I'd take a bit of a long think about it, before blasting off a "withering" riposte.

Redknapp has just one year left on his contract as boss — and there are fears he could quit the club.

He is due to meet club chairman Daniel Levy this afternoon to start planning for next season and beyond.

In addition to transfer targets and budgets, negotiations about a new deal will also commence.

Redknapp, 65, led Spurs to a top-four finish — but they were denied a Champions League place by Chelsea’s win over Bayern Munich in the final.

Several senior players are concerned Redknapp has barely 12 months left on his deal and feel the club should sort it out immediately.

Spurs were bottom of the Premier League when Redknapp took over in October, 2008.

He took them into the Champions League for the first time in the club’s history two years ago and narrowly missed out again this year.

Redknapp — who had minor heart surgery last year — successfully defended charges of tax evasion in February and was a leading contender for the England job until it went to Roy Hodgson.

Levy struck a deal to pay less than half of on-loan Emirates Marketing Project striker Emmanuel Adebayor’s ?ú160,000-a-week wages — and Redknapp is eager to sort a permanent deal soon.

Scott Parker has been one of Redknapp’s success stories since joining from West Ham for ?ú5million last summer.

England midfield star Parker, 31, said: “I think I’ve complemented the team well and the players have complemented me.

“We went on a great run and that coincided with me coming into the team, so I took great confidence from that.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-in-talks-on-his-Spurs-future-amid-fears.html

From who ? There's no fears from here. Foxtrot Oscar and dont let the fudging door hit you on the way out.

From who ? There's no fears from here. Foxtrot Oscar and dont let the fudging door hit you on the way out.

Whole flimflame article created just because he has one year left on his contract.

Being a sports journo must be such a tinkle easy job..

Whole flimflame article created just because he has one year left on his contract.

Being a sports journo must be such a tinkle easy job..

At the risk of inviting fire (not tough in this thread for any of us I suppose) I'd say it's worth paying attention to the source and who one of their columnists was/is...

Again, might mean nothing and could be an unfair point to have raised.

I have enjoyed ridiculing your posts and I think its only fair that I explain why.

You are of my generation so I guess you will have seen an "I love Lucy" show. They were flesh crawlingly horrible to watch, as you saw the central character stagger from one embarassing moment to another, opening her mouth and letting faux pas and gaffe, after gaffe fall out out in an ever embarassing deluge.

You have come onto this site, and as far as I can tell, have been determined to show what a hard hitting, incisive and uber critical footballing expert you are. And yet, almost every post falls woefully short of anything meaningful, and crawls into the stunningly embarassing and gobsmackingly wrong with every post you put in. It has come to the point where we (I for sure) read your posts with the dread that you feel as you slow down for a car accident, you know its going to be horrendous to see and a bloody mess, but you look anyway.

I really cant be bothered to try to answer your posts, because they are so naive and error strewn, and you now seem to have got the bit between your teeth, and have jumped on the "fudge Redknapp" bandwagon, that you have failed to notice that everyone else has slid off and gone elsewhere, for fear of being associated with you, your standpoint or any of the dire and pathetic posts you are submitting.

I have tried poking fun, as well as ridicule, in the hope that you might get the hint - but its not working. Now you have started telling me that I shouldn't interfere with grown ups conversations - AS IF YOU WERE CAPABLE of participating! Let me tell you, YOU - ARE - NOT!

I may take some flak for this, I may even get some more points on the board, I hope not - as this is a genuine attempt to discuss the posts you have made, and not an attempt to insult you, I don't know you, so I can't and wont do that. You have told me that you have two degrees, and despite my poking fun in the past, I have to accept that you must be a fairly bright guy, so I hope you can see what I am saying here, and take notice.

The bottom line is that you are not doing yourself any favours, and I think that its probably because your core knowledge of the game is fairly poor. It might do you a bit of good if you just read the threads and ask questions, rather than trying to participate and convince people that you have insights or valid opinions to offer. The evidence so far is not good, and it will stop you embarassing yourself any further, if you just throttled back a bit.

Your call. I'd take a bit of a long think about it, before blasting off a "withering" riposte.

:ross:

If Redknapp didn't write like a 2 year old, you would have said he wrote that himself.

Ah, friends in the media (especially at the paper you work for).

Levy struck a deal to pay less than half of on-loan Emirates Marketing Project striker Emmanuel Adebayor ?ú160,000-a-week wages — and Redknapp is eager to sort a permanent deal soon.

England midfield star Parker, 31, said: “I think I've complemented the team well and the players have complemented me.

“I didn't lose until my 11th game for the club, away to Stoke.

Lots of quotes there :^), and you would think they would be seeing as its the paper he has column in. Pals in the press getting to work.

I have been doin this for a while - me and my mates have decided on a word a week - and we have to try to get it into conversations during the week. Like at work and stuff.

How on earth do you manage to shoehorn "work" into conversations?

Several of the players have spoken out and said how much they want him to stay.

Could you show me one, just one article from a player currently playing for a manager or has played for in the past that has ever came out and said that they should leave while still playing under them ?

How on earth do you manage to shoehorn "work" into conversations?

Im a master at deception

This week - I had to use the word canoodling - even in meetings with clients. Got a meeting this afternoon and been reading my report figuring out how to use the word canoodling or canoodle

Back