• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Liverpool

Lloris : 7
Walker : 7
Alderweireld : 8
Vertonghen : 8
Rose : 6
Alli : 6
Dembele : 8
Lamela: 6
Eriksen : 7
Kane : 5
Njie: 6

Mostly 6-7 across the board. Dembele played well. Deserved a 7.5. Toby also 7.5.

Harry - 5.5 - I have a lot of concern about him. We need a striker in January. Oh lord how we need a striker in January.

Think we would have won this one had Nacir not had to go off.

Agree Kane was a bit off on Saturday but given his overall contribution, to award him a five seems a tad harsh. As always he worked his socks off for the cause and despite clearly being out of sorts still managed a couple of decent shots on target, including one that tested Mignolet from range in the closing stages:

84: SAVE! A good stop by Mignolet, who beats away Kane's well-struck effort from just outside the Liverpool penalty area after being set up by Eriksen following fine approach play by the Dane.

ANDY BURTON AT WHITE HART LANE
"Best chance of the game for Harry Kane! A teasing run from Christian Eriksen saw him him lay it off on the edge of the box and Kane’s shot was stopped by Simon Mignolet."​

On top of that he also made a couple of critical interventions at the back, one of which might well have saved us from conceding. A six would have been a fairer.

For a while last season, it looked as though we might have rediscovered that rarity in a Spurs shirt, a striker who knows how to place the ball where the keeper isn't. Jury room door opened a crack and then closed again, I suppose.

Lloris : 7
Walker : 7
Alderweireld : 8
Vertonghen : 8
Rose : 7
Alli : 6.5
Dembele : 8
Lamela: 6
Eriksen : 7
Kane : 6.5
Njie: 6.5

Spurs with a defence......someone pinch me.

Agree Kane was a bit off on Saturday but given his overall contribution, to award him a five seems a tad harsh. As always he worked his socks off for the cause and despite clearly being out of sorts still managed a couple of decent shots on target, including one that tested Mignolet from range in the closing stages:

84: SAVE! A good stop by Mignolet, who beats away Kane's well-struck effort from just outside the Liverpool penalty area after being set up by Eriksen following fine approach play by the Dane.

ANDY BURTON AT WHITE HART LANE
"Best chance of the game for Harry Kane! A teasing run from Christian Eriksen saw him him lay it off on the edge of the box and Kane’s shot was stopped by Simon Mignolet."​

On top of that he also made a couple of critical interventions at the back, one of which might well have saved us from conceding. A six would have been a fairer.

" Working your socks off " should be a norm for a Pro player and I agree that Kane does/did that, but I want more from a player who was being talked about as a 50 million player during the summer. I hope he comes good again but for me on Sat he was worth no more then a 5.

" Working your socks off " should be a norm for a Pro player and I agree that Kane does/did that, but I want more from a player who was being talked about as a 50 million player during the summer. I hope he comes good again but for me on Sat he was worth no more then a 5.
So a striker who tests the goalie with two decent strikes on target, comes to our rescue twice at the back AND puts in a decent amount of graft is only worth a five, whereas a wide mid who does nothing all afternoon other than hack at players until he gets himself booked and has to be subbed before he gets sent off is worth a six.

Okay then.

So a striker who tests the goalie with two decent strikes on target, comes to our rescue twice at the back AND puts in a decent amount of graft is only worth a five, whereas a wide mid who does nothing all afternoon other than hack at players until he gets himself booked and has to be subbed before he gets sent off is worth a six.

Okay then.
True.
Although Erik did some good work defending also.

Okay then.

Maybe I should run my marks past you next time before posting :rolleyes:

Back