• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Liverpool

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 7

Walker - 6
Alder - 7
Vert - 7
Rose - 6

Alli - 6
Dembele - 8

Lamela - 6
Eriksen - 6
Chadli -5

Kane - 7

Subs:
N'jie - 6
Townsend - 5

^samecas above except for andros, did he touch the ball? Had been looking forward to this game all week and it was a total nonevent. Playing without Dier and son against 12 men we did well.

Lloris - 7 saved our bacon early on when Skirtel was odds on to score just a foot out from goal
Walker - 6 nothing spectacular but then no mistakes either
Toby - 7 such a calming presence; solid and no frills
Verts - 7 has improved immeasurably this season; and this coming from a past harsh critic
Rose - 7 brings so much offensively to the team
Dembele - 8 MOM.. has his critics (myself included) but he played well today in a screening role
Alli - 6 not his best game but even so he was strong in the tackle and constantly supported the attack
Lamela - 6 unfortunately saw the old Lamela; huff and puff but blew no house down
Eriksen - 7 our best (if not only) creative outlet
Clint - 6 too many short/misplaced passes but the potential is clear...
Kane - 6 we would have won with last season's Harry; cannot hit a barn door this season!

Last edited:
Lloris - 7

Walker - 6
Alder - 7
Vert - 7
Rose - 6

Alli - 6
Dembele - 8

Lamela - 6
Eriksen - 6
Chadli -5

Kane - 7

Subs:
N'jie - 6
Townsend - 5

Almost this. Our midfield were largely hustled out if it and given no time or space. Kane was pretty lightweight up front - didn't win a single header and his holdup play was poor. Meant we had no focal point to launch attacks. Looks a shadow of last seasons Kane. We desperately missed a Son or Berahinho ( or dare I say it a Benteke) to take some strain off Kane because it really is beginning to show. He had two or three decent chances and one of those would have been buried with a confident in-form centre forward.

Back 5 - 7
Central Pairing - 7.25
Front 4 - 6.75

Cohesion - 6.5
Luck - 5
Commentators (BT) - 5
Officials - 2

Klopp - 11

2nd Half only

Lloris -7- Didn't have much to deal with and what he did he did with ease.

Walker -6- Looked a weak point for the Liverpool press, but defensively did well.
Alderweireld -7- Not much to trouble him.
Verts -7- As above. He looks so much better alongside Alderweireld.
Rose -6- Same as Walker. They put a lot of pressure on our fullbacks and disposessed Rose on more occasions than Walker.

Dembele -8- Put in a very strong appearance in the midfield, a lot of good tackles and some solid runs.
Alli -6- Thought he was a bit lucky with the penalty appeal and got caught out on the ball a couple of times.

Lamela -5- Brushed off the ball with ease and looked like the Lamela of 2015
Eriksen -7- Found some pockets of space to work in and had that great run that lead to Kane's shot.
N'jie -6- Some bright patches, but not much more.

Kane -6- Worked hard, but he looked to be trying too hard at times. Going for goal when other players were better positioned.

Loris - 7
Walker - 7
Jan - 7
Toby - 7
Rose - 6 - a mention... obviously he hans't played much, but Davies doesn't deserve to be dropped and though Rose put us under unnecessary pressure a few times! Also think people overrate how much he offers in attack.
Alli - 6.5
Dembele - 8
Lamela - 6.5
Eriksen - 7
Njie - 7 - some awful awful passing, some really dynamic play. Looked a better striker than a winger today
Kane - 6 - Generally good play, but I'm very worried last season was a HUGE fluke and he won't get close to 20 goals this season

Loris - 7
Walker - 7
Jan - 7
Toby - 7
Rose - 6 - a mention... obviously he hans't played much, but Davies doesn't deserve to be dropped and though Rose put us under unnecessary pressure a few times! Also think people overrate how much he offers in attack.
Alli - 6.5
Dembele - 8
Lamela - 6.5
Eriksen - 7
Njie - 7 - some awful awful passing, some really dynamic play. Looked a better striker than a winger today
Kane - 6 - Generally good play, but I'm very worried last season was a HUGE fluke and he won't get close to 20 goals this season

Agree re Davies but Rose was top drawer hence why nothing came down his side.

He was a threat in attack but every time he tried to get going he was maimed by Milner

I assumed that Poch was playing Rose to counter Ibe who never played

I think it was mostly because Rose could rest during the International break, while Davies was playing for Wales.

Maybe it was the case, we don't know

What I do know is that as good as Davies has been (has not let us down once) we look more dynamic with Rose

Lloris 7
Walker 6
Alderweireld 7
Vertonghen 7
Rose 7
Alli 6
Dembele 8
Lamela 5
Eriksen 6
Chadli n/a
Kane 5

Njie 6
Townsend 5

NJ did well though missed a few passes. His shot was just the right height to save.

Dembele also did well. We lacked composure in front of goal. Both teams focused on working hard closing down. We were the better team in possession partly thanks to Dembele, but we didn't have a steely composure to finish them off.

I thought Poch should have subbed Rose and Walker around 70. We had two good full backs on the bench to freshen things up. Rose was bang on for 70 mins and then tired. He gave the ball away once. Walker - there is more to come from him. Not a bad performance. But he knows he can do more. I feel like he needs a goal to awaken his attacking confidence.

Verts and Alderweireld - so reassuring to have a steady partnership at the back after years of flux. Both did well.

Alli - playing beyond his years. He gave away a couple of silly fouls as he tired, but he's earning his place despite the midfield injuries.

I'm not sure Poch got the HT team talk right. He was clearly psyched up for this one. The team came out working harder than ever second half. But after 70 mins we were done. We needed to work hard but show greater concentration in the final third to score. Instead we were running around like crazy. In a way Klopp's more reserved press maybe better. We do often play like that too. Getting into a tight formation and then hunting the ball - not always pressing the back 4 and keeper. On one hand we created chances first half by pressing up the pitch, on the other hand we didn't have the energy or focus to put the ball in the net. You wonder how much the press takes out of Kane etc.

We're missing a lot of players, and there was no one on the bench to give us more when we needed it. But had we scored we'd be saying it was great performance from us.

We need need a striker on Jan the 1st.

Last edited:
6s across the board except for Dembele, Toby, Jan and Hugo who get 7s.

I was disappointed at how we started as I'm sure everyone knew how Liverpool would start. However, we just couldn't keep the ball, and we were a bit too ponderous in posession. I do think we need to be more direct when in posession, and I was amazed that our players did not seem to grasp the fact that when 3-4 Liverpool players swarm one of our players, they need people to come in a bit short to offer some support. I guess this will come with experience.

Specific mentions go to:

1. Dembele - If he continues to play like that then I think he will be very useful to us as he offers something different and seems to be one of the few players that we have that can keep composure when being relentlessly pressed;

2. Ali - This may be controversial, but I think he needs to be dropped. Perhaps he needs Son around to make him look special again, but I think his inexperience showed today and I would have liked to see more quality on the ball. There were some good moments but I want to see more composure on the ball;

3. Rose - I hope he finds his consistency soon. Overall he was good, but his consistency of last season did not show today and he made a fair few mistakes that put us under pressure. I think both he and Walker could and should have done a lot more today with Liverpool playing so narrow. Admittedly Milner got away with murder today against him, but he has to expect that sort of treatment nowadays as he is a marked man.

4. Toby and Jan - This has the makings of a really, really good partnership. I do want to see them come out with the ball a lot more though and draw the first player. Too often they were passing into a really congested midfield.

5. Clinton - Some good glimpses of talent, but I think it is clear now why Poch is not starting him. He needs to get used to the pace of the premiership. Some of the stick he got today was just awful. Yes he misplaced some passes but the reaction of the crowd only served to put more pressure on the team. After 10 minutes, instead of us roaring our team on, we tutted and hissed and put more pressure on our team. Awful.

Overall, reasonably happy with today's result. This is one of those that we could have been completely outdone. We need Son, Dier and Mason to come back.

Lamela had a big part to play in shielding the ball from skrtel for loris to pick it up. Lots of tackles to disrupt Liverpool when we couldn't even get close.

I thought walker and Kane and Eriksson were poor out there,I expected a lot more from a big game like this. Njie too, very raw.

Lloris : 7
Walker : 6
Alderweireld : 7.5
Vertonghen : 7.5
Rose : 7
Alli : 6.5
Dembele : 8 - MOTM
Lamela: 6
Eriksen : 6.5
Kane : 5.5
Njie: 6

Poch : 7

Ref : 3

Our centre halves were great and people who say Jan isn't a top draw centre half confuse me - give him a solid back 4 and he is class, toby is such a calming influence too!

Rose - by his standards I don't think he was great and a bit sloppy in the ball - but he is far more progressive with his passing which really helps going forward - also nice to see that a few weeks training under his belt and he is reinstated to the side - think generally he gives us much more and nice to see poch recognising that

Dembele was really solid and grew into the game well - alli struggled a bit and to play CM he needs to develop a better pssing range.

Front 4 were a bit meh and njie looks a complete impact player, goes from shocking to quality in the same move. Kane looks tired and lacking confidence in front of goal but erisken is looking sharper.

Decent point but klopp IS NOT getting that side near the top 4 - their squad lacks balance and quality. We are a year ahead in our restructurig and they will need to do the same now

Last edited:
Back