• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which of the following was your best win under Poch – so far?

Which of the following was your best win under Poch – so far?

• Home PL 4-0 win vs QPR Aug 2014 - Poch debut home game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home PL 4-0 win vs West Brom, Jan 2017

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chelsea 5-3 and RM 3-1 were both absolutely the stuff of fantasies, tough to choose between them. Decided to go for RM 3-1 because my son and 7yo grandson were also present which made it extra special.

A win over West fudging Ham as the best win? Can't set a much lower bar than that!

Why?

If beating West Brom and QPR is up on the list....

First game under mopo/away/10 men/they miss pen/last minute winner/they beat us three times the season before

Fact that there are so many in such a short space of time speakes volumes.The best is yet to come..........

Was thinking the same. Another reminder (if you needed one) that he's the best manager we've had at the club for a long time and definitely the best in the PL era. Of the last 4 managers we've had it goes Poch > Redknapp > AVB > Sherwood in that order in my opinion. I think most people agree on the first and last in the list but some might disagree with the order of the two in the middle.

Last edited:
Can't really pick overall and I would have to say that the 2-0 v Chelsea in January should be on the list as one of the most controlled performances I have seen against a side absolutely running away with it, more so than when we played them in the 5-3. The 2-0 stopped them breaking consecutive wins record as well. Having said all that......Emirates Marketing Project away was a superb result and one where I really felt was a watermark in our development. I think collectively the squad and fans all felt we were capable of doing something that season and it has really carried on from there. The scenes up there at the Etihad were just unreal, especially the manner in which we ended up winning it.

That edges it just for me ahead of Real Madrid 3-1, Arsenal 2-0, City 2-0 and Chelsea 5-3 which were absolutely superb performances and occasions overall and honestly I can't say that they aren't just as amazing as the game I picked. One thing it does show is just how many games we could pick for Pochettino's best games. You could probably pick 25 games and say they were superb. Spurs 4-1 West Ham Nov 15, Spurs 2-0 Chelsea Jan 17, Stoke 0-4 Spurs Apr 16, Chelsea 2-2 Spurs May 16, Spurs 3-0 Man Utd Apr 16, Leicester 1-6 Spurs May 17, Spurs 4-1 Monaco Dec 15. All games for different reasons you could include as some of his finest shows for Tottenham.

The 2-1 against the Arse in 2015 may not have been the sexiest of the selections, but it was the most dominant I have seen us against a top 6 team under Poch. I mean, other than the goal, Arse did absolutely nothing. To say we nullified them would be an understatement. Same with Wet Spam around this time last year.

Feel a little guilty picking a Wembley game but to record a victory against Madrid and to actually be able to enjoy it during the game was pretty special. It had come off the back of a couple of defeats but It feels like a real turning point for the club / the Wembley hoodoo, to seamlessly replace the best centre back in the league last season with our holding midfielder and Alli announcing himself in the CL. The way football is today if the result had been reversed the Palace game would have been one that put us brink of a crisis! Have to say we have been spoilt in the last few years, we've beaten everyone that matters under Poch and that last season at WHL was a dream.

October 2016, day after my birthday. Unbeaten Emirates Marketing Project roll up with the media raving about them - we’re without Harry and haven’t found any real consistent form yet. I’m in the Park Lane with my daughter, right beside the away fans, and we completely smother Pep’s boys, with Lamela immense (aside from the penalty miss).

Bliss.

Back