• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which of the following was your best win under Poch – so far?

Which of the following was your best win under Poch – so far?

• Home PL 4-0 win vs QPR Aug 2014 - Poch debut home game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home PL 4-0 win vs West Brom, Jan 2017

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Jack Jull
Which of the following win do you think was the best under Poch so far?
No doubt there are some honorable mentions and i struggled to keep the choices down to 10, but vote now

For those of us on Tapatalk what are the 10?

Home PL 4-0 win vs QPR Aug 2014 - Poch debut home game

Home PL 5-3 win vs Chelsea, Jan 2015

Home PL 2-1 win vs Arsenal, Feb 2015

Home PL 4-1 win vs Emirates Marketing Project, Sept 2015

Away PL 2-1 win vs Emirates Marketing Project, Feb 2016

Home PL 2-0 win vs Emirates Marketing Project, October 2016

Home PL 4-0 win vs West Brom, Jan 2017

Home PL 2-0 win vs Arsenal, April 2017

Home PL 4-1 win vs Liverpool, October 2017

Home CL 3-1 win vs Real Madrid, November 2017

I go with Liverpool, we should have been 4-0 up before they scored 1 in the first half. A nice change in tactics, exploiting their weakness against the counter-attack. Poch finally working out how to deal with Klopp.

5-3 vs Chelsea back in 2015. We were simply wonderful that day - we traumatized Mou so much that he's never been as open in away games since. :) It marked the moment Kane exploded into prominence, the Lane sounded so electric it made my hair stand on end for most of the game, and for probably the first time that season, I saw the basis of a *complete* Poch side - deadly, relentless, explosive, unbeatable. The parts were flawed, and the players were flawed too...but for one game, you could see what we would eventually become.

I would have gone for Real as well, but I have to be honest - I only caught the bit past 65 minutes the first time, so it wouldn't be fair even though I watched the whole thing through when I got back home that day.

Great list! I didn't really need any reminding of how much I love Poch, but this list just made me... *spunks pants*

For me there is a clear top 4:

Both
wins against the Scum at WHL - NLD's, don't need to say any more.
5-3 vs Cheatski - vs the league leaders at the time, managed by that clam Mourinho, at WHL, huge statement match
3-1 against Real Madrid - vs double CL Winners, CL game, at Wembley, huge crowd, statement win.

Both of those home games against the Scum - we were so superior to them, they didn't belong on the same pitch or same league as us. What a U-Turn, what a change in fortune. Marked by huge Harry Kane goals.

3-1 vs Madrid - basically, the name of the opposition and the stage says it all.

However, I'm going for the Cheatski game as the winner. We battered them. Tore their whole team new arseholes. Cheatski at the time were flying and top of the table. Moaninho was shook after this game, basically changed his tactics and become way more negative. All cos of Poch and his Spurs 11. What an evening at the Lane, it was rocking, it was the Pochettino version of gagen press in full effect. The football we played, the hunger, the fight, Kane banging in great goals.

Great post, Ledley's knee injections. Saved me the bother of typing all that. 4 great victories.

Drop the expectable wins over WBA and QPR and it's an eight-way tie for first. Quite enjoyed all those big wins equally well.

Yeah, the Chelski game stands out for me as well. We were rampant that day, it's a shame we conceded three goals. Steamrolled them that day.

Missing the 1-0 over West Ham, despite having 10 men for most the game

This was my initial thought - certainly the goal at the end of the game is up there with the best moments (helps that I was there I guess) but maybe not the game itself as it was a bit of a bore

I know that the Real Madrid win is against the best opposition but for me the 5-3 over Chelsea was the best performance with an honourable mention for the 2-0 v Emirates Marketing Project last year.

Tough one.
I missed the 5-3 as was on holiday and knowing what was to come, decided not to watch the game but to instead spend a romantic last afternoon/evening drinking champagne overlooking the ocean. Whilst sneaking looks at my phone for updates. Getting more and more incredulous. Then finally thinking "sod the romance" and running to find a tv to catch the end of the game. Incredible performance and result.

Any win against Woolwich. And it was critical to win the last NLD at Lane, which added to the euphoria.

Real Madrid absolutely has to be in contention. Fantastic night. Making a big mark on the 'big' stage.

And if we are doing honourable mentions, the win against Cheatski last January. We matched them toe-to-toe, and came out 2-0 winners. Breaking their winning run and setting ourselves up as genuine contenders.

On balance, even though I didn't see it live, I'm voting for the 5-3. It feels like it was a coming of age for the team.

How do you pick just one?
I wouldn't have voted for it, but I would have included the obliteration of Leicester from last season in the list. That gave some measure of catharsis and it's always nice to see a high number in the final score.

The 5-3 against Chelsea is up there -- a real coming-of-age moment for Poch, his system, and his squad. However, it's got to be the 3-1 THUMPING of Real Madrid. We were well worth the win, playing with a real swagger. I don't care how out of form they were, how many players they were missing -- we were just better. That win has shown the world that Spurs can compete in the CL, that we have the makings of a top tier side. Believe.

Lots to choose from here but opted for Real Madrid. Totally deserved the win and missed chances to win by a bigger margin.

Plenty of others to choose from; Arsenal at home last season was a total domination. We rarely keep a clean sheet against those fudgers but we never looked in any danger of conceding and should have scored more ourselves.

Emirates Marketing Project at home last season was another great performance.

Chelsea 5-3 at home ditto.

Another one worth a mention was WBA at home 4-0. They have always been a bogey side for us, home and away but we pulled their pants down.

Back