• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which of the following was your best win under Harry Redknapp?

Which of the following was your best win under Harry Redknapp?

• Home PL 2-1 vs Liverpool, Nov 2008

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home PL 2-1 vs Liverpool, Aug 2009

• Home PL 5-0 vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Feb 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted for Chelsea at home because we absolutely wiped the floor with them that day and, coming as it did just a few days after we performed similarly well in beating arsenal, this was when I actually believed we might finally be getting somewhere...

I must admit to seriously struggling these days with my memory and am envious of everyone who can remember the details of games from even just a few years ago.
But games like AC Milan and Inter are still lingering in the memory bank.
The best win was Inter at home.
The most important was City away. I watched it on tv in a pub. The pub being the location for a colleague’s leaving do. The colleague being a Emirates Marketing Project fan. I can’t imagine what it must have been like in the away section that night. It was brilliant for the Spurs fans in the pub. Less so for my City colleague. But he is having the upper hand at the moment. Not for long I hope/believe.

I share your memory pain.

On our day we were excellent offensively, yes.. However we were always questionable at the back and mentally all over the shop.

There was a real lack of discipline under ol' Sandra.

Oh and the constant signing of his agent mates players was very small time.

On our day we were excellent offensively, yes.. However we were always questionable at the back and mentally all over the shop.

There was a real lack of discipline under ol' Sandra.

Oh and the constant signing of his agent mates players was very small time.

Not sure if that’s true. Our defense was never any worse than 5th or 6th best in the league in goals conceded. Not as good as Poch but better than AVB and Sherwood.

Not sure if that’s true. Our defense was never any worse than 5th or 6th best in the league in goals conceded. Not as good as Poch but better than AVB and Sherwood.
And let's be fair - if Willie McKay is only offering you Ryan Nelsen and Pascal Shimbomba what are you supposed to do?

Go and negotiate an arm's length deal with no kickbacks? How will Rosie ever pay her tax bill that way?

Redknapp had us playing some excellent football didn't he.

I don't dislike Redknapp but I think there was a real case of him inheriting an extremely talented squad of players. Wasn't it VdV who said that team tactics were so rarely discussed in detail. With Modric in the side we basically played everything through him and with Ledley at the back we had defensive organisation. Great motivator but I wouldn't trust him tactically.

I don't dislike Redknapp but I think there was a real case of him inheriting an extremely talented squad of players. Wasn't it VdV who said that team tactics were so rarely discussed in detail. With Modric in the side we basically played everything through him and with Ledley at the back we had defensive organisation. Great motivator but I wouldn't trust him tactically.

He's no Poch that's for sure. I do think he's better tactically than he gets credit for. You can't go to places like AC Milan away and grind out a 1-0 without good tactics. We also had numerous wins over Arsenal and Chelsea when the tactics were spot on.

I've taken my time with this one, because there were so many magnificent moments under Harry. So many firsts, so many hoodoos broken. So many splashes of vivid color onto the battered, black-and-white canvas that told the story of Tottenham Hotspur up until that point.

I don't have the fortitude or the words to do justice to them all - and all the ways in which they made my life a little sunnier when they happened.

So I won't. Ultimately, I think the 3-1 against Inter was probably his best moment - I wrote my paean to that moment in the Madrid thread a couple of weeks ago. Beyond that, I'll refrain from saying anything else.

Except for this - thank you, Harry Redknapp, for everything you did for this club.

Again some absolute belters in that list and some not included but City way to secure 4th was unreal. Watched it on Santa Monica Boulevard which was bizarre being 8 hrs behind and so far from friends and family watching our biggest league game in years. AC Milan away was unreal though and I was fortunate enough to be there for that, another wonderfully composed and controlled performance. Honourable mentions for both Arsenal games, Chelsea at home and Inter at home.

And Joe Jordan's death stare on Gattuso at the end!

Absolute icing on the cake.

Emirates Marketing Project away - we get the first time in the CL, Hart was off sick, Redknapp doused good and proper during his interview by bentley et al

The came Inter at home and Milan away comes after that for me, though doing le s'cum at theirs was just oh so sweeeet, bale stuffing terry was face punchingly satisfying

I didn't want/like Harry Redknapp because he was "pwopah" West Ham for so many years, that was alllll he would bang on about. Just like Gooner George Graham.
Also he was very much old skool, run around, get stuck in, give it 110%, cushty, have a flutter kinda guy whereas I wanted more of a scientific approach.

Then AVB disproved the pure science approach and I realised that CONFIDENCE has a massive role to play in football. Nearly all players are pretty good, but most of them won't show it due to fear of failure... so the way Redknapp instilled belief and confidence and energy went a hell of a long way - much further than I expected, and he achieved great things (up to his ceiling)

It was fun having a roosterney manager, though. And he really did seem to let the players figure out for themselves what worked best.

But, yeah, he had begun to run out of magic at his departure. Still, I'll always think fondly on his years because he had us upsetting so many people. Starting with that 4-4 draw at The Flybrary.

Redscnapps had a few - Inter 3-1, Emirates Marketing Project 1-0 to get CL, even the 4-4 with the Arse. While he was a proper 'dodgy geezer' and 'lucked' into Bale, Modders, VDV et al there were some great times with him. And not many people know this but when he rocked up we only had 2 points from 8 games.

Redscnapps had a few - Inter 3-1, Emirates Marketing Project 1-0 to get CL, even the 4-4 with the Arse. While he was a proper 'dodgy geezer' and 'lucked' into Bale, Modders, VDV et al there were some great times with him. And not many people know this but when he rocked up we only had 2 points from 8 games.
Why haven't I heard about this before?

Back