• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which of the following was your best win under Harry Redknapp?

Which of the following was your best win under Harry Redknapp?

• Home PL 2-1 vs Liverpool, Nov 2008

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home PL 2-1 vs Liverpool, Aug 2009

• Home PL 5-0 vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Feb 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Croikey.

I'm like a lot of people and torn between the 1-0 win at City to clinch CL qualification and the 'Taxi for Maicon' win at WHL over Inter. And yet there's a case to be made for another game.

A game we didn't actually win on the scoreboard, but a loss that immediately turned into a vitally positive result. A crushing moral victory, if you will.

Our first ever Champions League season. Third game after a win and a draw. At the San Siro. Promptly, we go down 4-0. Down to 10 men. And Harry tells Gareth Bale to, you know, 'just effin' run around a bit.' When Bale is done running, it's 4-3 Inter and Richard Swarbrick is frantically dabbing the watercolours to capture the significance of the performance.

You just knew after Bale's third goal that this was going to change everything. And it did. As the collective belief grew within Spurs, the doubts were beginning to mount within Inter.

We were an absolutely different prospect for Inter in the return fixture at WHL. The players were a far more confident bunch. The fans that night were absolutely among the best crowds to ever grace WHL. The result couldn't have been more resounding or impactful on both the immediate and future prospects for Spurs.

Highlights of our 3-2 away win at the Emirates were shown again on Sky last night. Coming back from 3-2 down, I've never been so ecstatic to hear the final whistle go as I was that day.

Last edited:
Scum away 3-2, easily! Milan was great too, but to finally beat scum away after so long, and doing it the way we did it was just epic. I had no voice left after that one.

Would also want the 9-1 included in the list. Easy match, but easily a contender for the amounts of goals alone. :)

Agree with many on here that it is between the 3-1 v Inter Milan and the away 1-0 at Emirates Marketing Project to clinch the CL please. Just marginally favour the Inter Milan win.

Oh, I forgot that City win for some reason, that night was magic as well. Lots of good memories from Redknapp at the helm! Sure, he was old school, but did a good job for us (and yeah yeah, should've won the league with that team and all that, but we did well). :)

Loads to choose from here:

I voted for Emirates Marketing Project away. A win for us guaranteed CL football but a defeat would have put Emirates Marketing Project in the drivers seat going into the last game. 1-0 didn't do justice to how well we played that night. To finally break the CL hoodoo in that fashion was fantastic.

Chelsea at home in April 2010 was a great performance. They were flying at the time, smashing teams by 6 and 7 but we played them off the park.

Arsenal at home 3 days earlier to finally beat them after about a decade was another great win.

Arsenal and Liverpool away were also great as we never win at those grounds and haven't won at either ground since!

Btw, looking forward to hearing from Scara, Parklane and Jordinho as I know they are big fans of Redknapp's tenure :D

Some crackers in there would make a great YouTube reel...I went for the Emirates, to end a hoodoo like that was very important. Really hope we finally end the Stamford Bridge one this year, it's a ridiculous record still to have.

Again some absolute belters in that list and some not included but City way to secure 4th was unreal. Watched it on Santa Monica Boulevard which was bizarre being 8 hrs behind and so far from friends and family watching our biggest league game in years. AC Milan away was unreal though and I was fortunate enough to be there for that, another wonderfully composed and controlled performance. Honourable mentions for both Arsenal games, Chelsea at home and Inter at home.

I must admit to seriously struggling these days with my memory and am envious of everyone who can remember the details of games from even just a few years ago.
But games like AC Milan and Inter are still lingering in the memory bank.
The best win was Inter at home.
The most important was City away. I watched it on tv in a pub. The pub being the location for a colleague’s leaving do. The colleague being a Emirates Marketing Project fan. I can’t imagine what it must have been like in the away section that night. It was brilliant for the Spurs fans in the pub. Less so for my City colleague. But he is having the upper hand at the moment. Not for long I hope/believe.

Back