• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Because when you go against what 85% of the population voted for at the last election, it's called a dictatorship

I think that whilst the majority of the population voted for the two main parties and abide by the result of the referendum, I do not think a majority voted for a Hard Brexit come what may. The Labour manifesto explicitly rejects a "no-deal" Brexit.

*EDIT -- just to add, Theresa May used to say, with regularity, "no deal is better than a bad deal." This slogan doesn't get said much anymore. She took it to the electorate expecting a 100 seat majority and instead, lost the slim majority that she had. 'Brexit at any cost' has strong, die-hard support, but it is not the majority view imo.

Last edited:
No one voted for less jobs and less investment in pubic services. May said, give me a mandate to deliver Brexit, increase my majority to do it. How did the people react? By reducing her mandate and majority.

We can see some of the losses of Brexit happening now - not project fear but real jobs going to other nations, the UKs economy not as strong as it was with less tax revenue, investment and growth; plus high inflation. Amazingly what we can't see is any of the positives of Brexit. No plan. Nothing. Even those who are wedded to the concept can't outline the positives but say we should be "excited". By what exactly?

They want to wind the clock back to 1955. They will never ever admit they’ve got it wrong. “It is but a scratch” no it’s not!
Brexit fans always remind me of The Black Night from Holly Grail.

The sooner this sham can be cancelled the better. Emperiors new clothes. Should have known better than to trust Borris, Gove and Farrage. What a collection of buffoons. If they weren't in politics, would anyone give them a job of importance?

The sooner this sham can be cancelled the better. Emperiors new clothes. Should have known better than to trust Borris, Gove and Farrage. What a collection of buffoons. If they weren't in politics, would anyone give them a job of importance?

There’s more behind this sham than them, around 150 independently wealthy right wing Tories have lead this, they are nicknamed the “Barmy Army”.
They are an evil bunch. Their motto is ‘I’m all right jack’. They have done a number on many well meaning anti EU folk .

No one voted for less jobs and less investment in pubic services. May said, give me a mandate to deliver Brexit, increase my majority to do it. How did the people react? By reducing her mandate and majority.

Actually anyone who voted and immigration was an issue for them voted for less jobs and less investment in public services. Because less people means less people who need jobs and less people who need to access public services. So both them can shrink but the share of them be better for the population

May won a greater share of the vote than they had. It was just the other Brexit party, Labour, gained an even greater share.

I don't think the leave campaign leaders ever particularly represent the leave supporters. They were always an embarrassment. Do Cameron, Osborne, Blair and Clegg represent remainers?

I don't think the leave campaign leaders ever particularly represent the leave supporters. They were always an embarrassment. Do Cameron, Osborne, Blair and Clegg represent remainers?

I know which team I'd back on University Challenge ;)

At least Cameron, Osborne, Blair and Clegg are cogent, logical and reasoned. The former are attention seeking twits.

I know which team I'd back on University Challenge ;)

At least Cameron, Osborne, Blair and Clegg are cogent, logical and reasoned. The former are attention seeking twits.

Cameron who is guilty for Brexit happening in the first place

Blair who has blood on his hands by taking us into a illegal war on a lie.

You are having a laugh surely?

We can see some of the losses of Brexit happening now - not project fear but real jobs going to other nations, the UKs economy not as strong as it was with less tax revenue, investment and growth; plus high inflation. Amazingly what we can't see is any of the positives of Brexit. No plan. Nothing. Even those who are wedded to the concept can't outline the positives but say we should be "excited". By what exactly?

I thought the remain side were keen to point out at every opportunity that we can't possibily know what type of brexit people voted for...? ;)

Cameron who is guilty for Brexit happening in the first place

Blair who has blood on his hands by taking us into a illegal war on a lie.

You are having a laugh surely?

"Guilty" for brexit. So you agree Brexit is perfection? Not something good?

Blair backed our US ally. In hindsight was it the wrong move? Of course. Neither action undermines the credentials of these individuals as logical and reasonably intelligent. Which is not something you would necessarily say about Boris, Gove and Farage.

Are you suggesting people DID vote for the UK to have less jobs and money for public services???

I've heard many times leave voters say that they would be willing to bear a near-term downturn in order to faciliate longer term benefits.

But more than anything I was pointing out the glaring inconsistency in remainers declaring what people did & didn't vote for when it suits them to do so, while making the polar opposite claim when it doesn't.

Back