• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Hope we maintain European Court of Justice after we leave, our government needs checks on their natural inclination to monitor and control,

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/dec/21/eus-highest-court-delivers-blow-to-uk-snoopers-charter

Our security arrangements (Five Eyes) show just how much our natural instincts as a nation are towards the Anglo-Saxon world over Europe.

I agree with the ECJ on this particular occasion, but it shouldn't have sovereignty over our elected government.

This case was brought by David Davis and Tom Watson anyway - they were just using the means offered to them, which should be a national body.

Mass surveillance is a complete waste of time and money anyway. All the evidence shows that only targeted surveillance produces any results.

Our security arrangements (Five Eyes) show just how much our natural instincts as a nation are towards the Anglo-Saxon world over Europe.

I agree with the ECJ on this particular occasion, but it shouldn't have sovereignty over our elected government.

This case was brought by David Davis and Tom Watson anyway - they were just using the means offered to them, which should be a national body.

Mass surveillance is a complete waste of time and money anyway. All the evidence shows that only targeted surveillance produces any results.
It doesn't have sovereignty over our elected government, our government say we are going to do something and they have an oversight that we do what we say we are going to do. Our government still have to agree in the first place hence they have sovereignty.

Surely the Supreme court is the overreaching court and the State court would be the comparable to a high court. As in the individual states wont have much influence on the Supreme court but the Government would have a lot of influence over a stronger high court?

I appreciate the fact that the ECJ is separate from our influence.
Absolutely, I would just rather that the uppermost court in our legal system was under our control (over the long term and not vulnerable to the short-terms swings in public opinion).

Absolutely, I would just rather that the uppermost court in our legal system was under our control (over the long term and not vulnerable to the short-terms swings in public opinion).
I don't think we can be trusted, its shown time and again our government (this and the last) are willing to dismiss any moral to push their agenda.

Re. Supreme court - is it not becoming a lot more politicised - for example congress not discussing the presidents nomination even though their written constitution compels them to. Not sure how we would avoid this.

I don't think we can be trusted, its shown time and again our government (this and the last) are willing to dismiss any moral to push their agenda.

Re. Supreme court - is it not becoming a lot more politicised - for example congress not discussing the presidents nomination even though their written constitution compels them to. Not sure how we would avoid this.
The thing with the USSC is that over time, it mainly reflects the political landscape in a slow manner.

Because of the lifetime appointments, you need to have one party in place a lot to heavily influence the court. Until Scalia's death there were 3/4 solid right voters, 3/4 solid left and a Republican nominee who tends to be a floating voter but solid left on issues like LGBT rights.

Trump will keep that balance, if he gets a second term he'll probably get to place another appointee too, but if he gets two terms then that probably reflects the will of the people quite well.

The big problem the USSC has is people like Scalia ignoring stare decisis and trying to work out the precise intent of those writing the constitution at the time - obviously irrelevant to modern cases.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

To be perfectly honest, Theresa May isn't 'all that' either. She reminds me of a clapped out house mistress of the upper fourth in the sort of crappy third rate public school people like Scara send their kids to. :p
May is terrible, she doesn't know how to Conservative at all.

Modern Conservatism is supposed to be socially liberal (see equality in marriage, etc.) but fiscally sound (low spending, low taxes, etc.). May is the opposite of both from what I can tell - much more like the US Right or pre-Thatcher Conservatives.

May is terrible, she doesn't know how to Conservative at all.

Modern Conservatism is supposed to be socially liberal (see equality in marriage, etc.) but fiscally sound (low spending, low taxes, etc.). May is the opposite of both from what I can tell - much more like the US Right or pre-Thatcher Conservatives.

what is it with the tories and obsession with marriage, tax breaks for married couples which could be so better spent elsewhere and then the supporting of some of them of the Church's right to not allow same sex marriage. Why same sex couples do not deserve to be as miserable as the rest of us I will never know.

She should just follow the old moderate policies of Labour on all the social crap and focus her attention on foreign trade and boasting exports and setting up parliamentary groups into how we can up our percentage of renewable energy so we do not rely on Russia for gas.

Through invention we should aim to be looking to be completely reliable on our energy through nuclear, wave and proton energy by 2030.
We should be looking to make sure that all the cars we produce on this country can be run on electric charges and then we completely stay out of the middles east and it's bonkers politics.

Through invention we should be looking to produce 100% of our own food needs by 2030, this could be done by vertical farming, with fields of cows in the skies, the Dutch as ever are at the forefront of intensive modern farming with floating farms. https://www.theguardian.com/sustain...ick-rotterdam-floating-dairy-farm-netherlands

THIS IS THE FUTURE AS PRESENTED BY ME, THE GREATEST MIND OF THE 21 CENTURY and of the 20th century, though I reached my Zenith.

what is it with the tories and obsession with marriage, tax breaks for married couples which could be so better spent elsewhere and then the supporting of some of them of the Church's right to not allow same sex marriage. Why same sex couples do not deserve to be as miserable as the rest of us I will never know.

She should just follow the old moderate policies of Labour on all the social crap and focus her attention on foreign trade and boasting exports and setting up parliamentary groups into how we can up our percentage of renewable energy so we do not rely on Russia for gas.

Through invention we should aim to be looking to be completely reliable on our energy through nuclear, wave and proton energy by 2030.
We should be looking to make sure that all the cars we produce on this country can be run on electric charges and then we completely stay out of the middles east and it's bonkers politics.

Through invention we should be looking to produce 100% of our own food needs by 2030, this could be done by vertical farming, with fields of cows in the skies, the Dutch as ever are at the forefront of intensive modern farming with floating farms. https://www.theguardian.com/sustain...ick-rotterdam-floating-dairy-farm-netherlands

THIS IS THE FUTURE AS PRESENTED BY ME, THE GREATEST MIND OF THE 21 CENTURY and of the 20th century, though I reached my Zenith.

I read something interesting by a guy called Mark Miodownik, who suggested 6 inventions are needed in the next 30 years to save humanity:

1) Efficient solar cells - harvesting 1% of the sun's energy that hits the surface would power the world
2) Batteries that do a half decent job of storing energy
3) Universal biologically degradable packaging
4) Tasty fake meat to reduce methane gases
5) A desalinisation membrane to stop the exodus from Africa
6) Augment parts for healthy ageing up to 80/100 (organs as well as hips, knees and teeth)

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...at-election-fraud-as-antilabour-a3428501.html

Turkeys dont vote for Christmas is the phrase that springs to mind, I am sure anyone with a brain cell(so not many Labour voters) can see why Corbyn is angry about this.

I wish people would stop skirting around this and just admit that it's essentially about the issue of pater familias voting on behalf of all the women in their families in certain south asian communities.

I'm as liberal as they come, but univeral female emancipation has to be addressed aggressively.

I wish people would stop skirting around this and just admit that it's essentially about the issue of pater familias voting on behalf of all the women in their families in certain south asian communities.

I'm as liberal as they come, but univeral female emancipation has to be addressed aggressively.

Maybe, but do we still have to have them on the roads?

I read something interesting by a guy called Mark Miodownik, who suggested 6 inventions are needed in the next 30 years to save humanity:

1) Efficient solar cells - harvesting 1% of the sun's energy that hits the surface would power the world
2) Batteries that do a half decent job of storing energy
3) Universal biologically degradable packaging
4) Tasty fake meat to reduce methane gases
5) A desalinisation membrane to stop the exodus from Africa
6) Augment parts for healthy ageing up to 80/100 (organs as well as hips, knees and teeth)

That's my boy, an Ideas man is what we need, my post was serious, the Scandinavians have working groups to see how their countries can become completely self reliant for energy needs(car, home and work) we should be doing the same.

Back