• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

I don't imagine it's the high profile ones that are at risk. They're already working in a global marketplace and are already competing outside of the UK.

Nissan are an entirely different prospect as they rely on being in the UK to get around the EU's retarded protectionism. That won't change no matter how much we ditch quotas and tariffs because the EU is still stuck in the 1970s

I probably should have stuck to my initial use of symbolic rather than saying high profile. Either way, I think that the government is in a fragile position.

It is pointless complaining about the trading policies of our biggest trading partner. They are what they are and only a fool would want to make trading with them more difficult. We've covered this several times before but I suspect that the big issues for Nissan are making sure that their supply chains are not impeded (difficult to do if we fall back on WTO terms) and ensuring that any restrictions on freedom of movement do not impact on them.

Hmm...i see what your sentiment is and i can see why that sentiment exists...however looking at things as someone of African background, if anything it often looks like the plans on global scale are actually the opposite...perhaps for another thread...!

I think with debating politics online, it's always good to know a little with whom you're debating. You've told me that you're of African origin (something I already knew by the way), therefore I'm more than happy to let you know that I'm first generation born in Britain, to Greek-Cypriots.

Regarding your thoughts on the plans on a global scale, not sure what you mean but I'm genuinely interested, just please don't tell me that the Middle East with it's intake of Asian workers on temporary work permits, is the same thing as people from other continents coming to the Western Hemisphere to live permanently!

It's all politics in this thread so I'm sure that here is okay, a thread where we can air our concerns regarding one world government and all that jizz.

Thanks for sharing the racist hogwash

Hmmmm, it's 2016, soon to be 2017 and after the political earthquakes being felt across the western hemisphere, you still don't get it do you?

Labelling a specific viewpoint or a person for that matter as racist without presenting your evidence, has been exposed for the shutting down fascism that it is.

Having concerns about uncontrolled immigration does not make one racist.

Hmmmm, it's 2016, soon to be 2017 and after the political earthquakes being felt across the western hemisphere, you still don't get it do you?

Labelling a specific viewpoint or a person for that matter as racist without presenting your evidence, has been exposed for the shutting down fascism that it is.

Having concerns about uncontrolled immigration does not make one racist.

The tag line read 'white genocide.' It implied that calls for diversity are really a method to wipe out the white race. To deny the racism of that is either highly ignorant of what constitutes racism, or horrible cynicism on your part. Take your pick. Also you are correct that having concerns about uncontrolled immigration does not make one racist, but the fact is, the overwhelming majority of the people who spout these views, are racist and do so for racist reasons.

Perfect, I wonder if they are going to consistently follow this line of negotiation?

https://www.ft.com/content/d0ab9142-bd69-11e6-8b45-b8b81dd5d080

David Davis, Britain’s Brexit secretary, said he was “not really interested” in a transitional deal to cushion Britain from the effects of Brexit and that he would consider one only in order to “be kind” to the EU.

But speaking in mid-November, Mr Davis told a private meeting with the City of London Corporation that negotiating a transition, as recently championed by Mark Carney, the Bank of England governor, would not benefit the UK and could delay the Brexit process.

Mr Davis accepted, however, that Britain’s “sudden” departure could compromise the EU’s financial stability and said he would be “more in favour” if the EU asked Britain for a transition. “I will be kind,” he said, according to the CLC’s account of the meeting.

One senior EU official involved in Brexit preparations expressed astonishment at the idea that it would be the EU playing the role of demandeur on transition, calling it “deluded”. “There is a denial of reality in London,” the official said. Another EU representative who met Mr Davis said: “I’m fed up with British politicians . . . they have no clue.”

The tag line read 'white genocide.' It implied that calls for diversity are really a method to wipe out the white race. To deny the racism of that is either highly ignorant of what constitutes racism, or horrible cynicism on your part. Take your pick. Also you are correct that having concerns about uncontrolled immigration does not make one racist, but the fact is, the overwhelming majority of the people who spout these views, are racist and do so for racist reasons.

It is also ignorant of migration in developing countries.

and also I have heard very few people if any say that "Diversity will solve all the worlds problems" this is a straw man and then followed by dog whistle racism -

It's telling how much text he dedicates to voting rights - shows the bubble he is in.

Many of those that want to leave the EU are doing so precisely because of the pointlessness of their vote.

As for free movement - how many 'remainers' have jobs where they couldn't simply and easily get a visa? Very few I'd guess. So then the argument boils down to a bit of paperwork every few years.

It's telling how much text he dedicates to voting rights - shows the bubble he is in.

Many of those that want to leave the EU are doing so precisely because of the pointlessness of their vote.

As for free movement - how many 'remainers' have jobs where they couldn't simply and easily get a visa? Very few I'd guess. So then the argument boils down to a bit of paperwork every few years.

I think that is just because it is one of the more complex and novel elements of the proposal.

The real draw here is freedom of movement, residency and employment rights. If it was in perpetuity and could be passed to your children, it becomes a real draw and I could see quite a few people being interested. It would also be very useful to people on low incomes in a relationship with an EU national.

I don't understand your point about remainers. This would be voluntary, so it would not affect people who weren't interested.

I don't understand your point about remainers. This would be voluntary, so it would not affect people who weren't interested.
What I was trying to say is that those most likely to be interested in working in the EU would probably have jobs for which gaining a visa would be fairly simple.

What I was trying to say is that those most likely to be interested in working in the EU would probably have jobs for which gaining a visa would be fairly simple.

Probably. The richest, most highly skilled and best educated are the most mobile, which is one of the follies of trying to reduce EU migration to the UK. You can see why the EU might want these people from here.

Retaining those rights for future generations would be attractive, as would retaining those rights in retirement and not having to fudge around with work permits or long queues at airports.

Back