• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Are there 5-6m silly people?...easily imo.

They're disaffected, I get it. But they're vulnerable to dog whistling and false reasoning and misdirection on why the country, and by continuation, their lives look as they do.

With modern channels and the algorithms of the world, one (eg Reform) can press their buttons in quick order, using the language of blame and offering nothing but sound bites of a future that's solely based on divisiveness.
Everything Farage offers is based on anger.

1720199091863.png

The UK has plenty of space. It is where the 'space' is located is the issue IMHO. It is the same issue over here in Dublin. If you centralise everything then the overwhelming gravity of capital pulls everything in.

The fertility rate is the UK about 1.5 and dropping, and the number of people living beyond 85 is growing and obviously will require more care. This trend is unsustainable. The solution was/is EU migrants but that's a whole other conversation.
We have the space, although a lot of the space no one will live in, but disgracefully we don't have the infrastructure.

the state of Starmers first cabinet, every single one of them is a competent adult with knowledge of their remit

that's not how it's done
Im not convinced by Nandy getting culture (which was a last minute substitution). But Starmer likes Orange Juice, Wedding Present and Aztec Camera, so I'll maybe trust him on that one.

the state of Starmers first cabinet, every single one of them is a competent adult with knowledge of their remit

that's not how it's done
In seriousness, ive had some work dealings with the new Transport and Environment ministers (local MPs here) and both are brilliant people and really dedicated to their briefs.

I think it is. It shows how the wide scope of policy making in ffp can silence voices; and that it's now possible to genuinely challenge that.
Lab 33% (410 seats)
Con 23% (120)
Reform 14% (4)
Lib 12% (80)

That's clearly not a balanced and representative democracy.
And if a party treats voters with poor representation it can be seriously hurt at the ballot box by the kind of movement from Reform, and from the independents that took seats on narrow issues: an independent being elected is huge.

It should act as a warning to Labour.
As should the actual results - it's huge in seat volumes, it's very tight in lots of areas.

It's also a lot deeper than just silly people with loud voices. 14% is a lot of people. Reform came very very close in lots of areas; it was only a small margin that stopped them getting 70-100 seats instead of 4.

It's also no coincidence that they got Clacton, Great Yarmouth and Skegness/Boston.

We now have 100 ish MPs that will bang the drum for electoral reform, as well as some Labour MPs.

Without meaning to dismiss all of Reforms voters (don't blame me if that's what the ofllowing does!)

The only person I know who has posted messages supporting Reform publicly on facebook is one of my dads old friends

This is what she said back in December (I found it so hillarious I screenshotted it and sent it to people at the time!)

1720207886572.png

She commtened on her own above post.....

1720207916202.png

No word of a lie she posted the other day:

1720208177357.png

What I found absoloutely hysterical about it is SHE HAS NOT WORKED IN 50+ years!

If money's being spent on anyone who refuses to work IT IS HER. She is the absoloute EPTIOME of someone who DOES NOT WORK because they DON'T WANT TOO!

I was round hers once 15 years ago. Her alcoholic boyfriend who lived with her answered the house phone and was asked if he lives with her. He said yes and she yanked the phone off him relaising he'd just told the beenfits office they live together. She started telling them his memory gets fuzzy and that they deifnently do not.

My sample size of 1 person does not tell you all you need to know about Reform voters. But it is absoloutely hysteircal that the one Reform voter I know is the absoutle textbook of a stereotypical reform voter.

Quite happy to apply one rule to themselves. So long as it's not "palerstines" going round our "county" causing "troble"

I actually spoke to my dad at the time his freind made the comemnts about "palerstinans" and said I bet they speak better English than her.

He was like "Yes. She would 100% losing a spelling bee contest to ANY Palestinian":sweatsmile:

everyone who ever voted for Farage, or for reform, is a racist, they might not know they are, but their ears went up to the dog whistles and they swallowed, what to anyone with a working brain can immediately tell, is flimflam

Espeically now when you've had 8 years to unresoundingly prove it's a load of gonad*s.

You have to be of an inherently stubbornly racist persusaion to see falsehoods demonstrated in front of your eyes but still choose to side with them.

Back