• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Player of the Season 13/14

Who's your player of the season?

• Lloris

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Walker

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Dawson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vertonghen

• Dembele

• Paulinho

• Lennon

• Eriksen

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Soldado

• Adebayor

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
Player of Season: Adebayor
Runner-up: Eriksen

Young Player of Season: Bentaleb

I think people are somewhat forgetting that Eriksen's really excellent form has only really been in the last 6 or 7 games. He was hugely overrated for his performances early season after that single great assist at WHL. But his overall game wasn't there as it is now. For sure as time went on he got better, but was still too often in and out of the team, playing out of position and/or still finding his feet. Finally, since Christmas, he's really excelled and been terrific. But it hasn't been all season.

It didn't help him or any of the new signings to be playing in a team full of square pegs in round holes. How to pick out the one lone forward with 2 players marking him? All that reflected badly on the new creative or striker signings. Bit of a coincidence that Chiricheș did not struggle to settle. Looked decent from early on and has maintained a good standard. We introduced far more new players in 2004 too and they got going much quicker under Martin Jol despite the fact that he wasn't even in charge for the first 12 games.

That said, I agree. Adebayor has been the definition of the talisman since he came back. At times he's been unplayable. Literally ran himself into the ground against Arsenal. POTY by a country mile.

Eriksen att 22 wins the Young Player award for me. Bentaleb may be a teenager but no way has impressed in enough games to win an award.

Ade wins player of the season for me, and I really think if he had started the season for us we would definitely be in the top 4 right now

Walker for me.

He gets so much stick, but he was by far our most reliable and consistent player early in the season. Made a huge improvement from a poor season last year and would be nice for that to be recognised. Still a work in progress mind but a hugely important member of our squad.

Adebayor as player of the year. Eriksen as young player.

Ade has been consistent throughout his stint this season,albeit half of one. Eriksen whilst previously showing flashes of brilliance has only really come to prominence in the last few weeks. I do expect him to come close to become a SPurs legend if we keep him a few more years though....

No body has been as consistant as Lloris for me and he wins it, he had 2/3 ropey games all season!

Young player would probably go to Eriksen or maybe Vlad but unsure of age of him.

Definitely Ade, been good in every game. Eriksen young player.

PL appearences:
Ade 16
Eriksen 20
Not that much difference in amount of games.

Walker for me.

He gets so much stick, but he was by far our most reliable and consistent player early in the season. Made a huge improvement from a poor season last year and would be nice for that to be recognised. Still a work in progress mind but a hugely important member of our squad.

I agree, he's the only one who can stake claim to having played well throughout the season too.

Player of the second half of the season is a toss up between Ade and Erkisen

No he hasn't. He is a liability. If it wasn't for the absolute dog**** that has gone before him, I'd put him up there with the worst rightbacks we have ever had. He is second only to Dawson for giving needless fouls away in dangerous areas, can't cross and relies on his pace to get himself out of self induced trouble.

He has been our most consistent performer at the back IMO. Far from perfect but his speed has saved us countless times, he's very good one to one and drives forward with reasonable effect though there is room for improvement on that front.

If you think Walker is one of the worst right backs we've had then you must be rather young.

Walker for me.

Lloris the only other one that stands out, although he wasn't as good as last season.

Ade and Eriksen weren't involved enough in the first half of the season for me. And Eriksen's been inconsistent - great in some, peripheral in as many.

Last edited:
Definitely Ade, been good in every game. Eriksen young player.

PL appearences:
Ade 16
Eriksen 20
Not that much difference in amount of games.

Ade was good for two months, then ****e again for a month, then injured, before returning yesterday.

Adebayor for me. Certainly proved a few of us wrong, including myself

Eriksen for me has still shown that inconsistency that was notable from his time at Ajax. Young player would be tight between him and bentaleb if he can continue his current form over the finish line. Bentaleb has been solid and wasn't already a household name which makes his achievement all the greater. Nothing spectacular though.

surprised at all the Ade love, he played well in 4/5 games right?

i admit that is more than most this season mind

The effect on Ade of winning player of the season might be that he starts next season actually caring about the club regardless of the manager.

Eriksen is the winner of this one for me, as Ade missed too many games.

Eriksen has only played 400 minutes more than Adebayor this season, in his time of great form people forget that he's been sitting on the bench a lot.
Neither did anything in the time before Adebayor was re-introduced to the team point towards Eriksen as the player of the year.

For me;
Lloris, Walker, Eriksen and Adebayor are all viable candidates. They've all gone missing for parts of our season.

Walker for me.

Lloris the only other one that stands out, although he wasn't as good as last season.

Ade and Eriksen weren't involved enough in the first half of the season for me. And Eriksen's been inconsistent - great in some, peripheral in as many.

That seems an honest answer given what you previously thought of Walker. I think he's certainly up there with probably Ade and Eriksen

Spurs Player of the Season 2013-14

Forgot this had already been posted - my apologies!

Last edited:
Back