• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pep Guardiola

Everyone has a price, but why can't they say no again? The only other thing stopping them is the player running the contract down and leaving on a free.

Used to be "Liverpool showed that you can say no, we should just do what Liverpool do". Then Barca came in for Suarez and what do you know...

Now Everton say no once and all of a sudden this demonstrates that clubs can just say no, we should just do what Everton did? Not buying it...

I suppose a couple of years down the line another club will say no once. Like we did with Modric, Liverpool did with Suarez and Everton did with Stones. And that will be the example showing once and for all that all you have to do is say no...

Used to be "Liverpool showed that you can say no, we should just do what Liverpool do". Then Barca came in for Suarez and what do you know...

Now Everton say no once and all of a sudden this demonstrates that clubs can just say no, we should just do what Everton did? Not buying it...

I suppose a couple of years down the line another club will say no once. Like we did with Modric, Liverpool did with Suarez and Everton did with Stones. And that will be the example showing once and for all that all you have to do is say no...

But we do have the power. Obviously if someone were to bid £50m for Dele Alli then chances are he will go, but the club don't have to accept any offers. Granted players can agitate for moves and flat out refuse to play and sometimes it is the best solution to cut your losses and sell said player.

BTW, sort of off-topic, but am I the only person who sees John Stones as the next Gary Cahill (ie. very average when it all washes out)?

Really Steff?

John Stones has more technical ability in his little finger than Gary Cahill has or ever will have.
There are a few fundamental defensive lessons Stones is learning, but he will learn them.

Once he does he'll be one of the best defenders in the league - I think you could almost put him in that category already.

Really Steff?

John Stones has more technical ability in his little finger than Gary Cahill has or ever will have.
There are a few fundamental defensive lessons Stones is learning, but he will learn them.

Once he does he'll be one of the best defenders in the league - I think you could almost put him in that category already.
This. He reminds me a lot of a young Rio.

But we do have the power. Obviously if someone were to bid £50m for Dele Alli then chances are he will go, but the club don't have to accept any offers. Granted players can agitate for moves and flat out refuse to play and sometimes it is the best solution to cut your losses and sell said player.

So we do have the power to make the choice that's not the best solution for the club... I agree.

Really Steff?

Fair enough mate. I will say I have not paid a massive amount of attention to him, so he is not a player I would claim any special eye or judgement of, he just struck me as someone who flatters to deceive, but equally, I could be guilty of not paying him the attention he deserves. I will endeavor to pay him more specific attention.

Stones is still very much a prospect, far from being anywhere near the ballpark of Rio.

As for Pep, he will find this a real wake up call, Emirates Marketing Project have had two decent managers who have spent a billion and they are still OK, thats because the league is stronger here and players are more game in the Prem than Spain or Germany. In that I mean players for say Watford wont roll over like Getafe do against Barce, body on line, in your face league that has a wonderful way of leveling out.

Back