• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Penalties

He was truly atrocious at pens when he broke through. Weak, pathetic scoops at the centre of goal reminiscent of Adebayor.

Now he really reminds me of Lampard and Gerrard. He's obviously not quite on their level (yet?), but they nearly always pinged it straight into the inside of the side netting. Those pens are bascially impossible to save, and Kane is slowly mastering their art.
Really? Don't know about cups/internationals but In the EPL Harry Kane has only ever missed ONE penalty, and even then he scored immediately from the save. That was only his second ever pen in the EPL, in the 2-2 draw with West Ham back in February 2015.

In the EPL alone he's taken 11, scored 10. But 11/11 if you include follow-ups.

http://eplreview.com/statistics-penalty.htm

Last edited:
Really? Don't know about cups/internationals but In the EPL Harry Kane has only ever missed ONE penalty, and even then he scored immediately from the save. That was only his second ever pen in the EPL, in the 2-2 draw with West Ham back in February 2015.

In the EPL alone he's taken 11, scored 10. But 11/11 if you include follow-ups.

http://eplreview.com/statistics-penalty.htm

Think he missed a couple in the Yeropa

Le Tisser was good at that as well.
YES. Le Tiss explained that he just passed it hard and low into the side netting with his right foot, into the left corner (the keeper's right).
If the keeper dived early he would knock it the other side.
So easy if you don't complicate it.

Love the way Kane missed a couple earlier on in his career and you know he then spent hours training and now never looks like missing one, hard and in the corner don't get stopped.
I played with a Ukrainian striker named Evengy Sorokin who scored 64 out of 64 penalties! He said it was easy. He took a long run up, and just waited for the GK to move, and put it in the opposite corner. He always just passed it into the net.

We've had a lot of them this season haven't we? Only 21 games in and we've already had 8 awarded to us. I've done some research, only in three of the seasons since our "watershed" 05/06 season have seen us awarded more than 8 penalties in all competitions ALL SEASON. We're only at the start of December. Our record in that time period is 13 penalties (8 scored, 5 missed in the 10/11 season).

In the last two months we've had more than one every other game (8 in 15 matches) and we've been awarded 6 penalties in our last 8 games, I can't remember seeing anything like that before for any team.

To give some context to that, we averaged a penalty around once every 11.85 games in the other seasons. Even if you remove the outlier of the 2012/13 season where we only had one in 54 games, you're still looking at a penalty once every 7.63. This season, we're now getting one every 2.63 games.

Anything to read into that? I think the only one that's attracted any real controversy was yesterday. Maybe a few whinges from biased Arsenal fans too. But it does look like we're getting a lot more than usual. Luckily for us, Kane and Janssen are very good at them.

very interesting, I've always been a believer that the "top" sides get the "big" decisions, we're getting more respect from refs than when we were a mid table side, back in the fergie days, there was a stat I can't be bothered to look up that Utd didnt have a penalty against them all season at OT.

very interesting, I've always been a believer that the "top" sides get the "big" decisions, we're getting more respect from refs than when we were a mid table side, back in the fergie days, there was a stat I can't be bothered to look up that Utd didnt have a penalty against them all season at OT.
.. also a few years ago, in an autobiography following retirement by a well known ref (forgotten his name now but I posted about on here at the time) he acknowledged he was that much more wary about giving a big decision against a top club playing at home because of the heightened atmosphere of intimidation generated by the home crowd.

To illustrate his point he contrasted the level of intimidation at a relatively friendly ground like Carrow Road (then in the PL, where the tendency might be to more readily give a big decision against the home side) with that at OT (where he felt he would need to be that much more certain he got it right). His thesis was it was not something he deliberately would choose to do, it was in the subconscious. Like the rest of us refs are only human and even the very best would have a problem remaining absolutely even-handed across such contrasting scenarios.

Back