• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I can fully understand players settling in during their first season but they still have to show something, even if it's only occasionally. I just see no discernable quality in Paulinho, his best game that people keep harping on about was against a crap Stoke side and even then I'm not actually sure what he did outside of a few nice flicks and tricks. Maybe I'm just being stubborn because I never wanted him from the start but he's going to have to have a meteoric turnaround if I'm going to start liking him(as a player). Vlad and Eriksen have shown more than enough promise in their first season, Lamela has shown the odd flash of brilliance, Soldado despite his obvious struggles does look the part at times, Capoue looked really quite good before fatty Cazorla fell on his leg and even Chadli has had the odd moment. Paulinho though I just can't buy into.
iKxCQf7xC3bG9.gif

866.gif

ienCO13KR5U8o.gif

1373925462_blurredlines.gif

Paulinho admits that a lack of game time at Tottenham Hotspur since Tim Sherwood took the managerial reins has left him frustrated.

The Brazil international formed part of a summer influx of big-money acquisitions at White Hart Lane in 2013, with former coach Andre Villas-Boas looking to reshape his squad.

A positive start bode well for the Samba star, but he has fallen out of favour since Spurs opted for a change in the dugout.

Paulinho has now aired his disappointment at having slipped down the pecking order, with there a desire on his part to be a first team regular - especially in World Cup year.

The 25-year-old midfielder has also revealed that it has taken him longer than he had hoped to settle in England and feel completely comfortable in his surroundings.

"I always want to play," Paulinho told Globo Esporte.

"I understand the team rotation because that's how it works here, but I am not feeling well or comfortable. I want to be present, I want to play.

"The language is the most complicated thing as I am lazy about studying. I am learning little by little, but I don't understand everything.

"The football language is easier, that's not a problem on the pitch."

While a lack of competitive action could be a problem heading forward, Paulinho has been offered assurances from within the Brazil set-up that he remains an important part of their plans.

National team coordinator Carlos Alberto Parreira said: "I have talked to Paulinho for two hours. He was a very important player for us at the Confederations Cup, scoring the goal that put us in the final.

"I have asked him to keep playing at the same level as he does for the national team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9238130/premier-league-brazil-midfielder-paulinho-admits-to-tottenham-frustrations

lol, this guy. The lazy line just about sums him up.

just seems to me he's being made in to a bit of a spacegoat - has been dropped out of the team yet people are still queuing up to **** him off.

Give him a chance. Looking forward to see him playing for Brazil this summer to better understand the player we've bought. I agree with Billy though. Our fans' attitude is abysmal toward one of our own.

Our fans' attitude is abysmal toward one of our own.

hmmmm:-k

His first season in the prem and our league, so yep he deserves time. He seems very unsuited to our league as his style is so languid. I am not a sure what position he is meant to play but that is more the fault of the director of football/chairman for just going out and buying the latest "big thing".

I would sell if he has a good world cup we should get out fee back, with siggy and eriksen and lamela and cabellos we do not really need him.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I will be screaming far worse abuse at Naughton and Rose tomorrow tbh so I realise criticising our own is rich coming from me. I'm trying to change.

I'm sure I will be screaming far worse abuse at Naughton and Rose tomorrow tbh so I realise criticising our own is rich coming from me. I'm trying to change.

To be honest rose and naughton continue to make mistakes so it is understandable I am still bemused at the amount of abuse Sherwood gets when most of it seems unwarranted as I still do not know what he has done to **** people off so much.

So do we just support the players or do we extend that courtesy to our manager.

To be honest rose and naughton continue to make mistakes so it is understandable I am still bemused at the amount of abuse Sherwood gets when most of it seems unwarranted as I still do not know what he has done to **** people off so much.

Of course it should be both. I confess, I plain don't like him. That's just me though, can't speak for everyone else.

I feel he embarrasses us with his behaviour, and the things he says, but that's for another thread.

Paulinho has been very poor, but like Soldado, Lennon and others who have been way below par I feel there's a bigger issue here. We seemed to have always promoted a culture of the hero who produces magic and wins us games. We always said about spurs theres one player who is worth the entrance fee alone. Gazza, Hoddle, Ginola, Modric, Berba, Bale.

This is why I'm so in favour of a LVG who will thoeritically put the teams ethics and coherence first ahead of individual superstars. I'd like to see Paulinho in a well drilled functioning side with a real purpose.

Of course it should be both. I confess, I plain don't like him. That's just me though, can't speak for everyone else.

I feel he embarrasses us with his behaviour, and the things he says, but that's for another thread.

Paulinho has been very poor, but like Soldado, Lennon and others who have been way below par I feel there's a bigger issue here. We seemed to have always promoted a culture of the hero who produces magic and wins us games. We always said about spurs theres one player who is worth the entrance fee alone. Gazza, Hoddle, Ginola, Modric, Berba, Bale.

This is why I'm so in favour of a LVG who will thoeritically put the teams ethics and coherence first ahead of individual superstars. I'd like to see Paulinho in a well drilled functioning side with a real purpose.

this is just it, we've seemingly spent the whole season complaining about whoever is in charge and their ability to build a proper team - with that in mind, as far as im concerned, the players can't be judged too heavily. of course that's not to say individuals haven't been poor or whatever but when there are problems above then i think some patience is in order.

Give him a chance. Looking forward to see him playing for Brazil this summer to better understand the player we've bought. I agree with Billy though. Our fans' attitude is abysmal toward one of our own.

Why shouldn't I have a ****-poor attitude to
Paulinho? The guy was a £17m investment and is probably on sizeable wages but cruises through games getting brushed off the ball, pulling out of challenges or getting sent off for lazy, late, cowardly lunges, losing the ball with lazy, careless passes and actually although he has scored a few, he misses many more with lazy finishing. The word lazy sums this clown up. The guy is a terrible waste of space.

The fact that he has come out in an interview and openly admitted to being lazy in trying to adapt and learn English sums the guy up and shows why his last European stint ended in disaster when he couldn't even make it in the Polish league. I think that sums up tbe level he is at - not good enough for Spurs, technically or, more importantly, mentally.

Another weak mental player we have in the squad - no wonder we have capitulated and been thrashed so many times we need a massive cull of allthese lazy mentally weak frauds in the summer and Invisiblinho should be the first out of the club.

I'm fed up of fragile wastes of space like him clogging up our wage bill please f×+÷ off on the first plane back to Brazil!

But AVB built a team with no individual spark and centred around collective effort:

1) i'd rather stab my eyes out than watch it
2) Paulinho was still terrible in it

But AVB built a team with no individual spark and centred around collective effort:

1) i'd rather stab my eyes out than watch it
2) Paulinho was still terrible in it

:eek: maybe just close them instead..:)

It's coz he talks a bit common innit!

Back