• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

My gut feeling was that he wouldn't succeed as soon as I saw him break down in tears at the press conference announcing his leaving at Corinthians.

Watford or China probably his level. Really poor player.

big difference there. Watford are a PL team and cannot be compared with the Chinese football league

but yeah, horrendously bad player:)

big difference there. Watford are a PL team and cannot be compared with the Chinese football league

but yeah, horrendously bad player:)

The most worrying thing here is that he is not even the worst of the 'magnificent 7' that AVB signed that summer. IMO Capoue and (especially) Soldado have been much worse buys for Spurs.

I think you'll find that after his first few games for us, somewhere in the bowels of one of the threads you will find a quote from me calling Pauli a 'Rolls-Royce of a player'.........fcking hilarious

Just call me 'the scout':)

I think you'll find that after his first few games for us, somewhere in the bowels of one of the threads you will find a quote from me calling Pauli a 'Rolls-Royce of a player'.........fcking hilarious

Just call me 'the scout':)

Not to worry, when we got Bale in I went from thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread to considering him a jinx that needed culling to wanting his children. I think more than anyone us Spurs fans suffer from jerky-knee syndrome.

The most worrying thing here is that he is not even the worst of the 'magnificent 7' that AVB signed that summer. IMO Capoue and (especially) Soldado have been much worse buys for Spurs.

Yeah. At least Soldado worked his socks off every appearance. It was just his obvious lack of ANY finishing ability and composure in front of goal that let him down. But considering he was a main striking purchase, that just wasn't good enough obviously!

Chiriches is the worst player from those lot. Whether that equates to the worst signing I'm not sure as he was relatively cheap compared to Lamela, Soldado etc, but whatever we paid for him was waaaaaayyyy too much.

Yeah. At least Soldado worked his socks off every appearance. It was just his obvious lack of ANY finishing ability and composure in front of goal that let him down. But considering he was a main striking purchase, that just wasn't good enough obviously!

I f****** hate this stupid phrase! The only reason he worked his socks off was because he has no spatial awareness and no capability of doing what he bloody well was bought for... finding the back of the net!!

For all the crud Paulinho is getting, he has been twice as good as Soldado - even without working his socks off!!!

Chiriches is the worst player from those lot. Whether that equates to the worst signing I'm not sure as he was relatively cheap compared to Lamela, Soldado etc, but whatever we paid for him was waaaaaayyyy too much.

I agree Chiriches is up there with the very best crap defenders I have seen play for Spurs;

Chiriches
Tramezzani
Vega
Cundy
Kerslake

I f****** hate this stupid phrase! The only reason he worked his socks off was because he has no spatial awareness and no capability of doing what he bloody well was bought for... finding the back of the net!!

For all the crud Paulinho is getting, he has been twice as good as Soldado - even without working his socks off!!!

Do you know what? I actually agree with you in consideration. Soldado showed no intelligence whatsoever so he never seemed to be a threat.

Hence why Paulinho scored 4 times the open play goals Soldado did, despite A) being a midfielder and B) being crud

I really don't think Vlad is as bad (poet and didn't know it tee hee hee) as some of you are making out. He captains his country which should surely show some merit. Like any player that doesn't play regularly enough or not had enough time, they may not be a good fit but to simply say they are sh1te is a tad harsh imo. We scouted him, we thought he would be a good buy, it didn't work - he didn't just land in the squad...

I really don't think Vlad is as bad (poet and didn't know it tee hee hee) as some of you are making out. He captains his country which should surely show some merit. Like any player that doesn't play regularly enough or not had enough time, they may not be a good fit but to simply say they are sh1te is a tad harsh imo. We scouted him, we thought he would be a good buy, it didn't work - he didn't just land in the squad...
Agreed. He certainly doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same bracket as some of those above. Hes had some good games, but as is often the way its the bad ones he's been remembered for....

Wasn't everyone cumming in their pants at how good Capoue was at the beginning of his first season due to being able to pass the ball 9 out of 10 times?

I agree. He's been in and out of the side since he joined. Hasn't had a decent run but hasn't done enough to warrant one either. I think that he'd do alright in Italy or Spain.

Back