• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

I'm watching the Copa del Rey final. Seems like a night where results like the draw with WBrom and the Norwich loss become even more important.

A bit embarrassing for Pelligrini that Emirates Marketing Project are the only one of the Top 4 to drop points against the Bottom 4 this season :oops: Those 10pts they've squandered could've put them 4pts clear at the top!

I think City are just suffering from the fact that they've got more of a foreign contigent that isn't ready to be consistent across a season yet. E.g. Negredo started awesome but faded. Jovetic is nothing. Demichelis has been bad. Fernandinho is good but maybe needs another season to hit real top form.

Liverpool have got an entire team of PL settled players, certainly in their key spots. Chelsea have too really, save for Willian and Schurrle but their squad is so big that they don't have to play every game.

After last night I think its pointless trying to predict who go down and who will finish where, some crazy outcomes in these last few weeks.
In fact I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if Norwich stunned us all and took something off Liverpool this weekend, its been that sort of season

After last night I think its pointless trying to predict who go down and who will finish where, some crazy outcomes in these last few weeks.
In fact I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if Norwich stunned us all and took something off Liverpool this weekend, its been that sort of season

nah, Suarez hattrick.....his 245th hattrick against Norwich :lol: he loves playing the farmers

@sportingintel: Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project eye 105 goals to top Spurs '61 vintage record per game http://www.sportingintelligence.com...-top-spurs-61-vintage-record-per-game-180401/ … #lfc #mcfc pic.twitter.com/I3cCHJetTu

The most thrilling English title race in decades has been made all the more sumptuous by the free-scoring exploits of Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project – and both clubs still have a post-war scoring record in sight.
The record is the number of league goals per game in a post-war top-flight season in England, held by Bill Nicholson’s marvelous Tottenham side of 1960-61, who scored an astonishing 115 goals in 42 games, at 2.74 goals per game (or, to be precise, 2.738 goals per game). Spurs’s top league scorer that season was England’s Bobby Smith, with 28, but Les Allen also got 22, Welsh wing wizard Cliff Jones netted 15 and two other players were in double figures, John White (13) and Terry Dyson (12).
The graphic below shows the top-scorer team in the top division every season, post-war, as well as every team who scored 100 or more in a league season. (Fifteen teams have scored 100 goals or more in 67 post-war seasons).
Liverpool are on track to match Tottenham’s record. They have 93 goals in 34 games (2.735 per game) and need 12 more from four games to beat Tottenham’s GPG record. Liverpool’s four remaining games are against Norwich, Chelsea, Crystal Palace and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
City have scored 88 goals in 33 games and need 17 from five games to beat Tottenham’s mark. Their remaining games are against West Brom, Palace, Everton, Villa and West Ham.
The Premier League record for a season is Chelsea’s 103 goals from four seasons ago.
Blf4hmYCQAA_cek.jpg:large

Back