• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but eventually, given the gaping holes across our back line, they will take one of those chances they're making.

We need to tighten up at the back. I'd even advocate going three at the back to match them - get Alderweireld on and reset.

Trouble is, whom do you take off to accommodate that? Sissoko is sorely needed to save Aurier down the right (where we're being skinned), and the front four have all interchanged well with each other and can't be switched out. The only option is Dier, but going without a DM in midfield wouldn't be wise against this kind of high-pressing Arsenal side.

Poch is paid to solve these things, and no doubt he's already thought them through. But I'm stumped.

Also, this game is crying out for some equivalent b*stardry on our end - those Arsenal subs getting shirty will be coming on to liven up the game, and we need to match them. Dier's on a yellow and might get sent off (Ditto Verts, tbh), so we need someone else to step up when that happens.

Crying shame Lamela isn't on the bench - he would have been *perfect* in terms of slyly leaving a stud in on those particular f*ckers.

It's very, very finely poised. As it stands, I think we're going to concede at least one, if not *two* more - we just need to score more than them, which thankfully looks possible.

Come on, you f*cking Spurs.
3 at the back is a good shout but I don’t think he’d take Alli or Eriksen off and Son has been a huge threat. Potentially Sissoko with Alli dropping into centre mid. Hopefully the game will slow down a bit which will benefit us more than them.

Long way to go but after the first 20 we looked out of it.

Dier should get an assist for the second as his celebration and the aftermath clearly rattled them.

Defence and midfield will need to be better but you have to fancy we will get more chances on the counter.

Not wanting to speak too soon as there’s a nerve racking 45 to come, but your second point there on Dier - it shows we are just mentally ahead of them I think. Some may be saying it’s good to see the Arsenal players ‘show they care’ but they reacted in such an emotional way, like petulant children, like it was so unfair they weren’t winning anymore because they worked themselves up into such a tantrum about it.

We show we care by reacting in the right moments, and you can tell we have less emotional spikes and dips. If anything, we push their buttons just enough to make them react and then go back to being calm.

I hope we win this game, but anything can happen in a game like this. But I do think we just look like a more mature team. Arsenal had a great start, but other than Serge we don’t tend to be emotional.

What the fudge was up with Aurrier gonad*ing Foyth earlier? He didn’t do anything wrong, and even if he had Aurriers hardly the epitome that of playing with a brain.

It’s a young lad in (I think?) his first derby. No need feel for lashing out at you treat mate like that!

Why would one 'off' performance ruin a month of being one of our best players? What a load of horse brick.
Well what i am saying is all the love he is getting from the fans right now will be forgotten if he has a bad performance in this fixture. People are waiting for a poor performance so they get stick the knife in.

But yeah its horse brick isn’t it?

Said it before, I hate Chelsea more than this lot, but it's fine margins and that first half peeled back the the very thin calm veneer for me. Fvcking loved it.

Eric & Dele getting stuck in to there subs and everyone backing each other. Quite happily see this ending 3 v 3. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back