• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

Shame Parker and BAE wont be. Its really hacking me off how long these two are taking to return, considering they were assumed to be returning back end of last month!

Hmmm... a common theme...I'd love to know what the football/PL 'inner-circles' think of our physio teams..

Shame Parker and BAE wont be. Its really hacking me off how long these two are taking to return, considering they were assumed to be returning back end of last month!

Depends what you mean by returning. Bae has been in training since the end of last month.

Parker is more of an issue, but the blame for the injury lies squarely on the England physio team for allowing him to play.

-------------------------------------------- Lloris-------------------------------------------

Naughton -------------------Vertonghen ---------------Caulker-------------------------Gallas

-------------------------------------Sandro---------Hudd------------------------------------

------Lennon------------------------------Dempsey------------------------------------Bale-----

--------------------------------------------Defoe--------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------- Lloris-------------------------------------------

Naughton -------------------Vertonghen ---------------Caulker-------------------------Gallas

-------------------------------------Sandro---------Hudd------------------------------------

------Lennon------------------------------Dempsey------------------------------------Bale-----

--------------------------------------------Defoe--------------------------------------------------

You wouldn't start Ade?:eek:

You wouldn't start Ade?:eek:

Not at their place no. Maybe at home with the crowd behind him. But I think he's a risk to get sent off as a result of their fans baiting him. To me, it looks as if he's embarrassed about that celebration he did when he ran the length of the pitch. Plus Defoe is in good goal scoring form. Couldn't believe it when he was on the bench last week.

In the end though I fear it won't matter which one plays as I too see a 3 goal defeat on the horizon. If we are to lose, I hope we go down fighting and not with a whimper like we normally do there.

Not at their place no. Maybe at home with the crowd behind him. But I think he's a risk to get sent off as a result of their fans baiting him. To me, it looks as if he's embarrassed about that celebration he did when he ran the length of the pitch. Plus Defoe is in good goal scoring form. Couldn't believe it when he was on the bench last week.

In the end though I fear it won't matter which one plays as I too see a 3 goal defeat on the horizon. If we are to lose, I hope we go down fighting and not with a whimper like we normally do there.

I see what you mean about the end result, but disagree about Ade - I think he was really up for it at the Emirates last year; didn't he push away Bale to take the penalty as well?
I think we are mopre likely to go down fighting if he's on the pitch to be honest, though in the end because of our lack of pace in the cm area it might not matter...

I'm really pessimistic about this game. Our injuries are ridiculous were fielding players we tried to flog in the summer in central midfield and I'd be relieved to escape with our dignity intact :(

Regardless of the injury situation, how will our fans react if we play a high line away to Arsenal? If we lose it's excusable, but what if we lose in a tactical inept way again?

Why is a high line tactically inept? The only thing tactically inept about it is playing Brad in goal who refuses to leave his line most of the time.

With Dembele out this is the only team I find acceptable:

............................Friedel/Lloris.....................................
Walker..........Caulker.................Vertonghen.........Naughton
....................Carroll..................Sandro..........................
Lennon.......................Sigurdsson..........................Bale.....
.................................Adebayor......................................

I'd of dropped Walker but due to lack of left backs I've decided to keep him in, he also is very quick so hopefully can make up for some mistakes he will make to catch up with the likes of Podolski and Walcott etc. I'd also put Naughton left back just for the fact that Vertonghen simply can not play there any longer, he needs to be moved into centre half. Simple as that.

Carroll is in there, I don't care. All this talk about "oh he might be too lightweight", "i dont think he's ready" bollox. If you're good enough, you're old enough and you're GHod well ready. He seems to be the only player we have in central midfield fit enough and manage to be able to be mobile, creative, willing to get stuck in and I can guarantee you that if you present this young guy an opportunity in front of travelling Spurs fans in a North London Derby he will be fudging up for it.

Wide men pick themselves, Sigurdsson ahead of Dempsey is a no brainer, at least Siggy has that ounce of creativity about him and has shown us glimpses (whether it be in pre-season or even that pass against Reading etc), I also think in the long run he'd be best to play off Adebayor anyway.

With Dembele out this is the only team I find acceptable:

............................Friedel/Lloris.....................................
Walker..........Caulker.................Vertonghen.........Naughton
....................Carroll..................Sandro..........................
Lennon.......................Sigurdsson..........................Bale.....
.................................Adebayor......................................

I'd of dropped Walker but due to lack of left backs I've decided to keep him in, he also is very quick so hopefully can make up for some mistakes he will make to catch up with the likes of Podolski and Walcott etc. I'd also put Naughton left back just for the fact that Vertonghen simply can not play there any longer, he needs to be moved into centre half. Simple as that.

Carroll is in there, I don't care. All this talk about "oh he might be too lightweight", "i dont think he's ready" bollox. If you're good enough, you're old enough and you're GHod well ready. He seems to be the only player we have in central midfield fit enough and manage to be able to be mobile, creative, willing to get stuck in and I can guarantee you that if you present this young guy an opportunity in front of travelling Spurs fans in a North London Derby he will be fudging up for it.

Wide men pick themselves, Sigurdsson ahead of Dempsey is a no brainer, at least Siggy has that ounce of creativity about him and has shown us glimpses (whether it be in pre-season or even that pass against Reading etc), I also think in the long run he'd be best to play off Adebayor anyway.
Good post. I like the way you have justified your selection.

I definitely would also pick Sig ahead of Clint. But I think I would rather see Defoe and Ade. This particular game for me is more about personalities. We need our bigger mentality players and I think whilst we might be vulnerable, so are they. Let's try and hurt them, but instruct both Ade and Defoe today with discipline and play for the team.

In that Danny Rose game, Defoe and Pav worked admirably and Defoe in particular often dropped deep to make it 5 in midfield. We will need a huge effort and this game is one they need to be pumped for.

Why is a high line tactically inept? The only thing tactically inept about it is playing Brad in goal who refuses to leave his line most of the time.

Well against City we played a high line and pressed high, effectively neutralizing are biggest threat, in Bale and Lennon. In Aguero they had one of the best at getting in behind the defense. On Saturday we will be playing against Walcott. Last time AVB played a high line against Arsenal they had a field day and Walcott scored 1 and set 2 up.

Well against City we played a high line and pressed high, effectively neutralizing are biggest threat, in Bale and Lennon. In Aguero they had one of the best at getting in behind the defense. On Saturday we will be playing against Walcott. Last time AVB played a high line against Arsenal they had a field day and Walcott scored 1 and set 2 up.

To be fair, it worked against City because their passing was inept.

BALE ON NLD:

A1194.jpg

The north London derby is not a match for the faint hearted.

But after last weekend's loss to Emirates Marketing Project, Gareth Bale believes a clash with our fierce rivals is exactly what the team needs to get back on track.

"It’s almost the perfect situation," the winger told tottenhamhotspur.com.

"All form goes out of the window in the derby; we’ll go out there to play for the fans and try to go out for a victory.

"You step onto the pitch and feel the atmosphere around you. It’s a great day and hopefully we’ll come out on top. The lads concentrate on the game and try to treat it as just another game, but we know how important it is for the fans."

Gareth has played a big part in the last two matches against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium - scoring in the 3-2 victory in 2010 before winning a penalty in last year's encounter - and he is hoping to play his part in this season's fixture.

"If you score a goal, the noise and energy around the stadium gives you a lift and keeps you going. I did it before and I'm looking to trying to do the same again."

Andre Villas-Boas hopes Emmanuel Adebayor's past with Arsenal will drive Tottenham

Last Updated: November 16, 2012 8:49am

Villas-Boas acknowledges playing Adebayor could backfire but hopes the player will use his ire towards the Arsenal fans who barracked him last season to good effect.

The Tottenham manager said: "I suggest to make the most of (the situation) we can use individual's motivations and that is why we used Adebayor also in the game versus City last week. These are things that you have to count on.

"Hopefully it can have a positive effect but it can have a negative effect. Last year he scored from the penalty spot and had a good game and this is the type of revolt and motivation for matches like this."

Power

Tottenham have not finished above their neighbours in the Premier League since Gerry Francis was in charge some 18 years ago.

But with Arsenal struggling for form, and Villas-Boas having plenty of confidence about his team's ability, the Portuguese thinks this could be the year where the balance of power swings towards the white half of north London.

"We have to (finish above Arsenal)," Villas-Boas added. "It is possible to bridge the gap.

"We are looking at trying to shorten the gap and not letting it grow.

"To play for fourth spot is difficult bearing in mind the competition you have to overcome. It's possible to bridge it.

"Arsenal have won trophies in recent times and they have qualified for the Champions League more often. That is where we want to be in the future. We're getting nearer."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ayor-s-past-with-Arsenal-will-drive-Tottenham

The day before Derby day!!!! Arrggghhh, getting excited again. COME ON YOU F*****S!!! We're the famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're gonna beat the scum...

Back