• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion ***

I just can't understand how any sane manager can believe that BOTH Kaboul and Chiriches are better than Vertonghen. As KD said, Chiriches plays like a 5 a side player with no tactical discipline or awareness. But hey ho, at least he's silky on the ball.

yeah. if ade doesnt look like scoring we have to get the more intelligent, superior footballer on. i really wanna see what solly could do with a confident lamela and eriksen around him.

the centre back pairing is atrocious though. west brom cant score all season and then start cutting us to ribbons.

why is vert on the bench? if he's not fit then why is he there, put Fazio there or ****ing start him.

its backwards. Kaboul and Chiriches is a Europa League pairing. Verts/Fazio is Prem, surely?

I've had so many disagreements about his lack of effort that I can't really be asked to do it again, but I'm glad someone else has noticed.
Yeah what sickens me most is that he mostly runs for the camera. He is not making the hard working runs behind the defenders to distract them.

I'd add Capoue to the list of players hindering us right now…soooooo slooooooooow and cumbersome. He has the physicality of Yaya Toure but that's about it. Him and Dembele together? I think a central midfield of Mackay and Ardiles would have more pace…I mean NOW!!! I think we need to switch Lamela over, allow him and Eriksen to trade off via the left and get Lennon on. I'd also get Bentaleb on instead of Dembele. Soldado deserves a chance but not if we cannot get him any service. As for CBs, a horror show. Verts must have really ****ed off the manager? Wonder why he didn't start?

Vertonghen
Fazio
Dier
Kaboul
Chiriches.

is the order. Which means Naughton should be playing right back today.

I've had so many disagreements about his lack of effort that I can't really be asked to do it again, but I'm glad someone else has noticed.

You and I both!! But it's just because he played for the filth why we give him negative press according to most!!

Awful, awful 1st half from our 'talisman'.

Yes Ade isnt playing well but first things first we need to get the ball.
Every time WBA have they can lumb it forward and gert in behind Kaboul and Chiriches.
The organisation at the back is non existent.
Those two have to come off. Neither has done anything to even start today tbh.
so Naughton Dier Vertonghen Rose.
One sub left.
And i'd plumb for Dembele. He's dwelling on the ball and slowing down our play and he's not with it defensively. He's a player who cant spot passes unless he has a few seconds to look around. The game is too tight to accomodate him today.
Benteleb can get the ball and give it quickly. We just need something as simple as that in midfield. Dembele cant play one touch football.

If Soldado doesnt come on at half time then I will be amazed. If he doesnt get a game after Ade's first half, what hope is there.

Vlad and Rose need hauling off too.

yeah. if ade doesnt look like scoring we have to get the more intelligent, superior footballer on. i really wanna see what solly could do with a confident lamela and eriksen around him.

the centre back pairing is atrocious though. west brom cant score all season and then start cutting us to ribbons.

Think WBA haven't scored away from home in like five-six hours of play or so. We all know what that means.

Agreed with those that want Chiriches and Ade off though. Think it's time we give Soldado a proper chance this season now. And Verthongen surely is better at the back.

I think once Soldado is fit enough he really needs to get a run of a few games..

Also, what's the deal with our counter-attacking? We get it, look up, few quick passes to get to the half-way line and then nothing... every time! I don't understand how difficult it is to drill a few routines, get certain players to make specific overlaps etc. Its like we want to counter attack but have a team of players that have no pace at all and it just falls apart each time

I'd add Capoue to the list of players hindering us right now…soooooo slooooooooow and cumbersome. He has the physicality of Yaya Toure but that's about it. Him and Dembele together? I think a central midfield of Mackay and Ardiles would have more pace…I mean NOW!!! I think we need to switch Lamela over, allow him and Eriksen to trade off via the left and get Lennon on. I'd also get Bentaleb on instead of Dembele. Soldado deserves a chance but not if we cannot get him any service. As for CBs, a horror show. Verts must have really ****ed off the manager? Wonder why he didn't start?

Disagree with Capoue, hes there to keep things ticking, some nice switching of play, Poch has him like Schneiderlin right now, collecting from deep and passing. Dembele is playing okay, but neither are very forward thinking in the that they dont cut out WBAs midfield with a pass, a shame no Benji on the bench

Well that half was as bad as anything under AVB or Sherwood. Total and utter drivel.

To a man, we realy are a dull dull team. Even in the wilderness years of mid table obscurity we still had players who would excite and peform on a regular basis. I see that starting line up and I predicted a dull goal less first half. I look at the bench for inspiration and see nothing.

We are going backwards.

Yeah, i think we can all agree that the playing staff is generally mediocre this season. There has been a gentle, but constant, regression since the king, modders, bale, rafa team and this is where we are. I do think though (or hope) that we have a decent manager in charge who will steer us in the right direction.

I must admit though im pretty stunned by both the back four and the midfield two. I'm actually a Dembele fan and have nothing against giving Capoue a fair crack of the whip, but the lack of a ball playing '6' has been of paramount importance for ages now. I don't think Capoue will ever be that man unfortunately. The lack of quality in these areas is really staggering.

After buying Fazio and Dier it leaves you scratching your head a bit the Chiriches and Kaboul make the starting line up.

Chiriches should have his contract ripped up and Verts introduced.

Ade off for not turning up for Soldado.

Lennon for Chadi so we can actually have some width to open up the space in the middle.

What is up with Ade today??? Could have given away a stupid pen and no effort at all.

I think once Soldado is fit enough he really needs to get a run of a few games..

Also, what's the deal with our counter-attacking? We get it, look up, few quick passes to get to the half-way line and then nothing... every time! I don't understand how difficult it is to drill a few routines, get certain players to make specific overlaps etc. Its like we want to counter attack but have a team of players that have no pace at all and it just falls apart each time

Back