• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v RSB

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m more interested in the team selection and shape on Sunday as well as the next few weeks, if he shows me he has learned he gets my trust back, we have been here before this season after Palace.

Sunday is mega, and as I’m a bit of a bed wetting fretful person I worry that the scousers will christen us with a new pumping hole.

it’s one game but I’m not going to ignore all the positives of that regardless of how I’ve felt/feel about the manager.

that was refreshing and like little olive r I’m hoping for more!

I’m more interested in the team selection and shape on Sunday as well as the next few weeks, if he shows me he has learned he gets my trust back, we have been here before this season after Palace.

I wouldnt blame him for going more defensive on Sunday and perhaps sticking winks, ndombele and sissoko in midfield, similar to madrid away a couple of seasons back. After all we normally concede a hatful of chances away at the better sides, so no issues from me if there is a deviation on the formation.

Its just games like tonight and watford where we need to see what works for us best, which is clearly 4231.

I wouldnt blame him for going more defensive on Sunday and perhaps sticking winks, ndombele and sissoko in midfield, similar to madrid away a couple of seasons back. After all we normally concede a hatful of chances away at the better sides, so no issues from me if there is a deviation on the formation.

Its just games like tonight and watford where we need to see what works for us best, which is clearly 4231.

Completely agree what i would have issues with is if he drastically changes the team or shape for no logical reason, or if he brings Alderweireld. Rose and Eriksen back in.

And I am not even going to mention the D word.

Ndom gets my MOTM, thought he was imperious, what the moose should have been.
Harry wchasing backs different class and on another night would have walked MOTM.

As for those moaning about lamela, two assists, a goal, key passes, tackling all over the pitch, defending in his own box, if Eriksen had a game like that he'd be getting hailed as the messiah.

Yeah I don't disagree. The thing tonight though was that Rose, Toby and Eriksen were left out I think for the first time this season. Is this a Mason/Bentaleb moment or just a coincidence?

But you're right, the shape looked good, the line up was almost as good as it could have been and there was a hunger there I haven't really seen in a while. They weren't good enough to draw any real conclusions but we had to beat them and we did it looking like a Poch team. I really hope this is the start of a turnaround and I'm shovelling humble pie into my big gob over the next few weeks.

Ndom gets my MOTM, thought he was imperious, what the moose should have been.
Harry wchasing backs different class and on another night would have walked MOTM.

As for those moaning about lamela, two assists, a goal, key passes, tackling all over the pitch, defending in his own box, if Eriksen had a game like that he'd be getting hailed as the messiah.

Lamela...he makes my pants sticky.

Yeah I don't disagree. The thing tonight though was that Rose, Toby and Eriksen were left out I think for the first time this season. Is this a Mason/Bentaleb moment or just a coincidence?

But you're right, the shape looked good, the line up was almost as good as it could have been and there was a hunger there I haven't really seen in a while. They weren't good enough to draw any real conclusions but we had to beat them and we did it looking like a Poch team. I really hope this is the start of a turnaround and I'm shovelling humble pie into my big gob over the next few weeks.

To be honest I don’t think any humble pie would be required, what a turnaround in form would demonstrate to me is that the last year was self inflicted through bad management.

To be honest I don’t think any humble pie would be required, what a turnaround in form would demonstrate to me is that the last year was self inflicted through bad management.

Yeah but I could forgive that if Poch could turn this around. He built up enough credit in my book to survive a run of bad results. My issue with him recently is that I don't believe he has it in him to turn it around and his bizarre behaviour has been a sign of that. If he gets us back playing how we were 2, 3, 4 years ago, I'll have been wrong and will gladly have a giant helping of humble pie.

Long way to go before that happens though and tonight, as good as it was, was against poor opposition.

Great game, I can sleep well tonight. Good to see those 3 dropped after their poor performances and 3 players got some much needed minutes as well. Hopefully we can kick on now and it wasn't a one off.

Back