• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v ACF Fiorentina***

milo

Jack L. Jones
Who:
519px_Tottenham_Hotspur_svg.png
v
Fiorentina.png

Where: White Hart Lane
When: Thursday 25 February at 20:05
Is it on TV? Yes, it is on BT Sport Europe (probably with Robbie Savage making it necessary to turn the sound off)

Think yourself lucky that I am not the manager because this is who I'd pick:

210216154546.png

Here are some great players who played for each of the teams...

Gabriel_Batistuta_Fiorentina.jpg

process_url_http_ftbpro_post_images_s3_eu_west.jpg

tumblr_lx97ozvwrd1qfxktpo1_1280.jpg

Glenn_Hoddle_picture.jpg

3295670.png

Paul_GASCOIGNE_Panini_Tottenham_Hotspurs_1989.png

Roberto_Baggio_AC_Fiorentina_1985_1986.jpg

130225225041_football_gareth_bale_tottenham_hots.jpg

...us winning the competition...

85cc1416c5da5ac195753f0b2a73810f.jpg

...and a badger

badger.jpg

I do indeed think myself lucky that your aren't the manager - but you picked a half decent team for this one. I wouldn't play Onomah twice in four days however as it was his poor finishing that really cost us yesterday. To my mind, it is this lack of strengthening in the window that could come back to bite us now - the lack of a real Kane alternative is beginning to be felt. He has been off the pace in the last few games and desperately needs a rest imo. Having said that, Onomah may score and surprise us all!!!

Dog's breakfast of an OMT. Very difficult to pick which players should be playing. Good thing is the result means nothing to me, win and I'm happy, lose and we're clear for an assault on the league.

---------------Vorm----------------
Trippier Toby Wimmer Davies
---------Mason-----Bentaleb------
-----Lamela Eriksen Chadi-----
---------------Son------------------

Toby needs to be back in the side, what a difference at the back he makes !

Drop Dier ? No, I think he'll be put back in CM. These two changes alone will make a big difference. Time to get the momentum going again with a win. COYS !!!

I do indeed think myself lucky that your aren't the manager - but you picked a half decent team for this one. I wouldn't play Onomah twice in four days however as it was his poor finishing that really cost us yesterday. To my mind, it is this lack of strengthening in the window that could come back to bite us now - the lack of a real Kane alternative is beginning to be felt. He has been off the pace in the last few games and desperately needs a rest imo. Having said that, Onomah may score and surprise us all!!!

Do you think Pochettino disagrees with you the way he left Onomah on the pitch for the full 90 against Palace?

Dog's breakfast of an OMT. Very difficult to pick which players should be playing. Good thing is the result means nothing to me, win and I'm happy, lose and we're clear for an assault on the league.

---------------Vorm----------------
Trippier Toby Wimmer Davies
---------Mason-----Bentaleb------
-----Lamela Eriksen Chadi-----
---------------Son------------------

Something like this would be good with me.

Hoping that Lamela is back, we've missed his intensity and creativity imo.

Do you think Pochettino disagrees with you the way he left Onomah on the pitch for the full 90 against Palace?

Something like this would be good with me.

Hoping that Lamela is back, we've missed his intensity and creativity imo.

Poch gave him the full 90 to hope he would deliver. That was not unreasonable. Unfortunately, he didn't take the chances offered. And I see you agree with me that he shouldn't start on Thursday. Why do you think that?

Poch gave him the full 90 to hope he would deliver. That was not unreasonable. Unfortunately, he didn't take the chances offered. And I see you agree with me that he shouldn't start on Thursday. Why do you think that?

Pochettino trusted him. Just like he's trusted other young players that have developed hugely under him, in my opinion in part because of that trust he continues to show to his young players. That's his approach, that's his attitude. That attitude does not match particularly well with a transfer approach of buying backup players to get that game time instead. Or just buying players because a young player or two are not quite yet at the level we'd ideally want. That approach is one of reasons Pochettino has been this successful. I would have thought the value of that approach was clear to see by now...

I didn't say I agree with you that Onomah shouldn't start on Thursday. I said "something like this would be good with me". I would also be good with Onomah starting over Eriksen, Dier starting instead of Bentaleb or Mason, Chadli starting up top and Son being on the bench and a whole host of other potential starting line-ups. Point being that there are a lot of options available for Pochettino for this game and I trust him to make a good decision. There's no clear right answer on who should start this one.

After the disappointment of the FA cup result we need to win this and well.

Should be a great atmosphere at the Lane.

3-0 COYS

It is not a question of trust or not. Presumably Poch trusts all the players now in our squad or they would have been gone by now.

As I said in the Onomah thread, he hasn't yet done enough for me to justify starts in the team especially if others are fit. I think his best route to develop further at this crucial stage of the season is to show an impact from the bench.

Given Man C, ManU and cheatski could very easily all spend well over £100m this summer as well as potentially having better managers. This could be by far the best chance we have to win the title for a while. Therefore going out on Thurs would be a blessing

Some great names they've had there. Dunga, Baggio, Effenberg. Effenberg was a brilliant footballer.

Anyway...

----------------------------Lloris------------------------------

Trippier-------Alderweireld----Wimmer-------Davies

---------------------Dier---------Bentaleb------------------

Lamela----------------Carroll--------------------Chadli

----------------------------Son-------------------------------

Would love to rest Dier. Just think he's so important to us. How long is Carroll supposed to be out for?

I think giving Dembele, Walker, Rose, Eriksen, Kane and Alli all some time off before Swansea (this is the problem, thinking about the next game too much!)

Maybe Milo's team is right, but think Pochettino will pick a slightly stronger XI, perhaps even including Harry Kane.

Given Man C, ManU and cheatski could very easily all spend well over £100m this summer as well as potentially having better managers. This could be by far the best chance we have to win the title for a while. Therefore going out on Thurs would be a blessing

I would have agreed if we had not got the away goal - now I think we should go for it. I agree the EL is not a well thought competitions with too many games and not conducive to winning our "first" EPL.

It is not a question of trust or not. Presumably Poch trusts all the players now in our squad or they would have been gone by now.

As I said in the Onomah thread, he hasn't yet done enough for me to justify starts in the team especially if others are fit. I think his best route to develop further at this crucial stage of the season is to show an impact from the bench.

There are different levels of trust though. I really didn't think saying that Pochettino shows more trust in young players than other managers would be up for discussion at this point.

Had Dier done enough to justify starts in the team as a DM at the start of the season? Had Lamela done enough to justify being a regular starter last season? Had Alli done enough to be trusted this much this season? Had Kane done enough to warrant us not signing anyone last summer despite Ade being frozen out and Soldado obviously not firing?

Pochettino's trust has helped these players developed. Because he has not done what Chelsea and City do - sign more players and give a small handful of sub appearances to young players when games are already effectively over or when they have no other options because of injuries.

Strongest team possible! We should smash those diving, cheating italian scumbags and go on and win this trophy!! Let's take the fudging double!!! COYS

Also we need to progress and beat those Italians for the sake of the UEFA coefficient. England are in serious danger of losing the 4th CL spot to Italy. Manure and the bin dippers woeful results doesn't exactly help either!

Strongest team possible! We should smash those diving, cheating italian scumbags and go on and win this trophy!! Let's take the fudgeing double!!! COYS

Not for me. The league is currently our number one priority and I think Pochettino has illustrated that with his rotation so far against Fiorentina and Palace.

Vorm
Walker
Alderweireld
Wimmer
Davis
Dier
Dembele
Lamela
Ali
Eriksen
Kane

Dembele came off at half time against Palace, reportedly with some injury problems/as a precaution. Would be surprised if he started again on Thursday.

Alli played 90 minutes in Florence and 80 minutes against Palace. Another start now would mean 3 starts out of 3 in the cup games. He's probably one of those that's capable of dealing with a lot of games like that, but I think he might get a slight breather on Thursday.

Kane is difficult to predict for me. Can see arguments both ways, but personally I would rather see him starting on the bench.

Back