• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

I thought their goal came about because of some really poor play from us on the other side of the pitch, two missed tackles with both players failing to take the player and the yellow card that would’ve stopped the dangerous attack.
The players sliding in actually passed the bloody ball to them

Royale also did a great job filling in at CB for a month or longer when we was struggling for players. The point is he is a good defender, and you can't expect him to be barely used except when desperately needed and then put in great displays out of position. Same can of course be said for Skipp, and agree neither are good enough for Ange style of play.

But Skipp definitely gets afforded different privileges, partly because many went in hard on Royale from the days he started here and partly because Skipp has come through the ranks....
And Skipp can pass a ball better
Royal can’t be judged playing left back by anyone fairly

Or some people just have a different opinion.

Royal was awful in the last game.
Skipp came on and did ok, and did the same Vs Burnley. He got caught up field when we (Kulusevski?) lost the ball for the goal, but that seems to be where Ange wants his full backs.

He isn't the answer to RB, but played it slightly better than Royal, but that's a low level.

This set up just isn't for royal
Yep
It’s choosing the lesser of two evils

Thought he was decent today, aside from letting his man past him a couple of times (which is perhaps to be expected when playing out of position).

I still think he might make a decent no. 6. Maybe good enough to be second choice at Spurs. But not sure how much longer he’d be happy with that. And Ange doesn’t seem to see him as a no. 6 anyway, for some reason.
Because Ange is in love with Bisoumma.

Sadly i do agree with you, Royal took some way over the top abuse from a section of our fans a season or two back and some of it was a disgrace. Skipp is not a FB but he did his best and overall i thoght he did well.
Did his best, did well overall. But could also see why Ange didn't start him against Liverpool for example. And why he's imo ultimately not a good enough fit for any of the roles in this system. He struggles too much defending in open spaces against quick players.

I have nothing against Skipp. He's a good player. Nothing against him sticking around as a utility player. He's a solid pro and can always be trusted to do a job. But I struggle to see him becoming more than a utility player in this system. And I think we need better backup/rotation options in most roles where he could be used as a utility player.

Did his best, did well overall. But could also see why Ange didn't start him against Liverpool for example. And why he's imo ultimately not a good enough fit for any of the roles in this system. He struggles too much defending in open spaces against quick players.

I have nothing against Skipp. He's a good player. Nothing against him sticking around as a utility player. He's a solid pro and can always be trusted to do a job. But I struggle to see him becoming more than a utility player in this system. And I think we need better backup/rotation options in most roles where he could be used as a utility player.

He needs to go on another full season loan and find his position, at the moment, he's not a 6, not a 8, not a FB.

Good PL loan would do him well, my expectation next season is even less opportunity for him in midfield (one of the areas we will likely buy)

He needs to go on another full season loan and find his position, at the moment, he's not a 6, not a 8, not a FB.

Good PL loan would do him well, my expectation next season is even less opportunity for him in midfield (one of the areas we will likely buy)
For a loan to make sense to us it would have to be a club that plays similarly to us and one where he'd get a lot of starts. That's at best limited options.

Disregarding home grown stuff I think a permanent move makes a lot more sense for everyone involved.

I think he's a very good player in the right role in the right system. And seems like a perfect pro. A lot of time for him, but think he'd be better off elsewhere.

Can not d isagree with you over that.

Last edited:
Back