• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

But come Saudi Sportswashing Machine we'll most likely have Sandro or Modric, I'd have no problem with a Modric/Hudd midfield or a Modric/Sandro midfield, both have proven to work very well in the past. Plus we have VDV, he might even be tried in a deeper central midfield role like he plays for Holland. Definitely worried about the striker situation though

Yes. And Parker. And a striker or two... No, really! We're not going to go through the season with Defoe and Kane as our striking options.

you cannot guarantee anything. Man Utd thought they had Moura in the bag, everything agreed, only signatures needed, and whoosh in swoops PSG and Leonardo at the last minute and they persuade the player to move to Paris.

we may think we have Leandro, but i really wouldnt want to deal with Brazilian clubs, agents, so late in the window and with the pressure of him being our main target. At any moment Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, PSG, AC Milan, Inter Milan can come in and easily take him away from us

Adebayor, well it should have been done by now but it hasnt. The only positive with him is that at the very least we can do another 1 year loan deal if a permanent one cannot be agreed. Even then, again we can be gazumped and cannot be confident of signing him

apart from these 2, i cant see where else the club could be looking. The clock is ticking

Yes. And Parker. And a striker or two... No, really! We're not going to go through the season with Defoe and Kane as our striking options.

I was more considering 0 net spend from now..

The level of pessimism is getting a little much at the moment..

Wonder whether we'll be able to tell from tionight's line up who has been told they can leave? For example, Bentley has been heavily involved in pre-seaosn and therefore, if he plays again this evening, you would assume he's staying - wouldnt be much point playing players who are leaving

you cannot guarantee anything. Man Utd thought they had Moura in the bag, everything agreed, only signatures needed, and whoosh in swoops PSG and Leonardo at the last minute and they persuade the player to move to Paris.

we may think we have Leandro, but i really wouldnt want to deal with Brazilian clubs, agents, so late in the window and with the pressure of him being our main target. At any moment Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, PSG, AC Milan, Inter Milan can come in and easily take him away from us

Adebayor, well it should have been done by now but it hasnt. The only positive with him is that at the very least we can do another 1 year loan deal if a permanent one cannot be agreed. Even then, again we can be gazumped and cannot be confident of signing him

apart from these 2, i cant see where else the club could be looking. The clock is ticking

No other strikers in the world we could buy? Really?

I feel very confident that we won't end the transfer window with with Defoe as the only real senior striker.

I hope we do field a strong team. I reckon we can definitely expect our Saudi Sportswashing Machine line up in this game (unless of course we do sign someone before then or Sandro slots straight in) but I think we'll see something similar to:

......................Defoe........................
Bale..............Sigurdsson...........Lennon
.......Huddlestone............Jenas............
Ekotto......Vertonghen....Dawson....Walker
.........................Friedel........................

with our last pre season game tonight i REALLY hope we dont start the season with that team

I don't think we will start with that team. I would much rather have Gallas partnering Vertonghen at the back, keep the rest of the defence and goalkeeper. Have Modric/Sandro for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, if Sandro isn't fit than Modric and Huddlestone who have got us fourth place in the past, Lennon, Sigurdsson/VDV and Bale all behind our striker which is hopefully by Saudi Sportswashing Machine someone new.

Lost Revenue ?

Due to the little vent happening in London right now, with there being no pre-season home game for us, does the Olympic body or government assist with our loss of earnings ?

It's normally a decent tie at home with 25-30k attending, times that by say £20 a ticket (I know its not exact price) is a loss of around £500,000-£600,000 revenue.

City really do want him off the books permanently as last year Ade's wages were excluded from FFP but for this season that's not the case. City subsidising Ade's wages this year is 5m less they have to play with. All to more reason to get rid of him and Ade knows it.

I don't think we will start with that team. I would much rather have Gallas partnering Vertonghen at the back, keep the rest of the defence and goalkeeper. Have Modric/Sandro for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, if Sandro isn't fit than Modric and Huddlestone who have got us fourth place in the past, Lennon, Sigurdsson/VDV and Bale all behind our striker which is hopefully by Saudi Sportswashing Machine someone new.

Why not Kaboul?

Back