• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Music Thread ***

Brought my tickets today
Easiest purchase I’ve ever done on Ticketmaster
Weird
Coldplay was harder to get (queue the abuse)
Either they have fixed the system or everyone what’s standing.
Got some yesterday in the pre-sale, not had any luck getting in today though

Which day did you go for?

Not defending TM as they developed the system to enable this to be possible. However, all the artists, managers, agent, promoters, etc are the people that decide if it’s an option. They have the choice, the ticket companies facilitate the sales on their behalf.
I got in about 30 mins ago, 2 standing tickets, dynamic pricing £381 each, corporate thievery when they are advertised at £151

I also have no idea how this is legal. Make no mistake though: the bands are just as culpable as the absolute cancer of a company that is TicketMaster. My ‘favourite’ bit is that they threaten to cancel the tickets of anyone reselling at over face value. I’d argue that advertising tickets at £150 and then switching the cost to £370 at point-of-sale is at least as bad as touting. Actually, it’s worse: at least a tout or a resale website tells you the price when you ask so you can make a rational decision about whether or not pay.

I also have no idea how this is legal. Make no mistake though: the bands are just as culpable as the absolute cancer of a company that is TicketMaster. My ‘favourite’ bit is that they threaten to cancel the tickets of anyone reselling at over face value. I’d argue that advertising tickets at £150 and then switching the cost to £370 at point-of-sale is at least as bad as touting. Actually, it’s worse: at least a tout or a resale website tells you the price when you ask so you can make a rational decision about whether or not pay.
Did you read the post above yours?

Anyway, it is simple economics, sell the tickets for whatever you can get, makes perfect sense if some idiots are willing to fork out £400 for 2 hours of old hits.

PS - do they actually send out paper tickets nowadays, or is it all on an App and thus impossible to resell them (like the Spurs tickets that change QR code every few minutes so you can't take an image and get into the ground)

Did you read the post above yours?

Anyway, it is simple economics, sell the tickets for whatever you can get, makes perfect sense if some idiots are willing to fork out £400 for 2 hours of old hits.

PS - do they actually send out paper tickets nowadays, or is it all on an App and thus impossible to resell them (like the Spurs tickets that change QR code every few minutes so you can't take an image and get into the ground)
Spurs tickets don’t change QR code. Screenshots still work as far as I know.

Back