• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Music Thread ***

Quite possibly.

By the way I share your view of touts.

Oh we're in agreement on all of it mate. The whole thing is shocking. And yes, as for touts...well...scum. Sadly, however, I find myself in a place where I possibly blame touts less for what/who they are than a society which actively seems OK with that sort of brick.

Oh we're in agreement on all of it mate. The whole thing is shocking. And yes, as for touts...well...scum. Sadly, however, I find myself in a place where I possibly blame touts less for what/who they are than a society which actively seems OK with that sort of brick.
That’s the thing, isn’t it? Ultimately, there’s enough in it for touts to make a nice living, so they’ll continue doing what they do.

The ironic thing in all this for me is that, having seen Oasis on several occasions ‘the first time around’, I expect them to be rubbish. Didn’t stop me trying my best to get tix though. Nostalgia is a powerful motivator. I’m fairly certain that unless one was lucky enough to see them before about 1997/98 they were well past their best. The main thing I remember from their concerts was the constant hurling of tinkle fighting and the (probably related) constant fighting. ‘Happy’ times.

Blur, on the other hand…..

That’s the thing, isn’t it? Ultimately, there’s enough in it for touts to make a nice living, so they’ll continue doing what they do.

The ironic thing in all this for me is that, having seen Oasis on several occasions ‘the first time around’, I expect them to be rubbish. Didn’t stop me trying my best to get tix though. Nostalgia is a powerful motivator. I’m fairly certain that unless one was lucky enough to see them before about 1997/98 they were well past their best. The main thing I remember from their concerts was the constant hurling of tinkle fighting and the (probably related) constant fighting. ‘Happy’ times.

Blur, on the other hand…..

Yeah, I saw them early early too. Has not stopped my excitement. The shows will as much be about the crowd/nostalgia as anything. I thought their early shows were actually quite punk; loud and unapologetic. I actually think these upcoming gigs will be considerably better thann anything since the Standing...era onwards.

The main thing I remember from their concerts was the constant hurling of tinkle fighting and the (probably related) constant fighting. ‘Happy’ times.
A friend told me he got tickets for him and his 12 year old. I guess there will be quite a few parents and kids... so am not sure what atmosphere they are expecting, will it be old men waving their iPhone lights with kids, or will it be lager, tinkle and fighting, or both?

Yeah, I saw them early early too. Has not stopped my excitement. The shows will as much be about the crowd/nostalgia as anything. I thought their early shows were actually quite punk; loud and unapologetic. I actually think these upcoming gigs will be considerably better thann anything since the Standing...era onwards.
Agreed. I think that that - along with Noel’s exceptional songs - were what gave them that swagger and arrogance that made them what they were. By the late 90s I think they’d got to big for their boots and couldn’t be bothered any more. The vibe I got each time I saw them was that by simply showing up and half-heartedly playing a few songs they were doing us all a favour and we should be grateful. Not that I want to turn this into a Blur v Oasis thing (which was tedious enough in 1995) but that has never happened with Blur: they’ve always kept their verve, energy and desire to play live. Not to mention continued to produce quality new material. They were also quite punky early on….

Back