• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

None of them were really big budget tiger than running man… and because it had Arnie
i genuinely don’t know about the shinings budget
It has been a very long time since I read it but my abiding memory of The Running Man (written as one of the Bachman books) was that it had a very different storyline than the movie.

Stephen king books were usually (the few i've read). Slow paced. American country characterisations (drunk so not sure that makes sense).

Found them boring. The stand and dark tower are books i should really be in to. Gave up on both.

Stand by me, the shining, green mile, shawshank as films. I loved.

Stephen king books were usually (the few i've read). Slow paced. American country characterisations (drunk so not sure that makes sense).

Found them boring. The stand and dark tower are books i should really be in to. Gave up on both.

Stand by me, the shining, green mile, shawshank as films. I loved.
Don't go near the Dark Tower series.

Read the first one as a kid, loved it and forgot they existed. Found the whole series as an adult and they're terrible.

King's no Gabriel Garcia Marquez at the best of times, but this series is absolute trash. He writes himself into a corner and even writes himself into the books to get out of it. Clearly wrote the first story without a plan for the series.

Don't go near the Dark Tower series.

Read the first one as a kid, loved it and forgot they existed. Found the whole series as an adult and they're terrible.

King's no Gabriel Garcia Marquez at the best of times, but this series is absolute trash. He writes himself into a corner and even writes himself into the books to get out of it. Clearly wrote the first story without a plan for the series.

Read the first couple. Can't dio his writing style. It just bores me and i don't find sny of the characters that interesting.

The first one seems to be about a cowboy with a bad foot cause he got bit by a crab.

Read the first couple. Can't dio his writing style. It just bores me and i don't find sny of the characters that interesting.

The first one seems to be about a cowboy with a bad foot cause he got bit by a crab.
Have you tried Pet Cemetary? Loved that one. Scared the feces out of a younger me.

The Shining is a brilliant book (I think by any standard though read it like 15 years ago). Pet Sematary and Misery are also pretty good.... Lunar Park by Brett Easton Ellis is amazing, it's like him doing a take on a King book.

I sat through "Leave the World Behind" last night on Netflix. It has a load of disconnected random happenings, and you think "surely the Director will wrap this up in some way at the end" but no, it just stops. What a f.u.c.k.i.n.g waste of time.

Here is a deer. Here is a flamingo. Here is an oiltanker. Here is a plane. The end. F.u.c.k.i.n.g typical of modern films, just absolute crap. Apparently the director thinks it is clever and deeper to leave the audience speculating about what might have happened and what might happen next??!!

Back