• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Anyone seen Ill Manors? Saw it on Sky - enjoyable movie but like all those 'east london' movies, follows similiar story line but I enjoyed this one.

Just got back from the Odeon after seeing Man of Steel.

Excellent special effects, no doubt about that, just felt it was missing something, but cant put my finger on exactly what that 'thing' is
8.5/10
Probably depends on which superhero you like best, but I thought all 3 of Nolans Dark Knight films were better and left me wanting more

edit: first mini-trailer tonight for Alpha Papa in August. Bring on the Partridge!

Last edited:
Saw man of steel a couple of nights back, I enjoyed it but I found the action a bit samey, how many times can people get thrown/pushed/punched through a brick wall in 2 hours, it was ridiculous. Also, why was Lois going along on all the military missions?

Henry Cavill looked the part, they got the costume spot on, it's easy for the pants and tights to look silly but it didn't, not so sure about Amy Adams, as someone else said, nothing against her but she just didn't work for some reason.

I'm also a bit concerned about Clark, he should be bumbly and a bit timid and I didn't see any of that, that's part of the disguise for me, if he's a normal guy then changing to superman is just a change of hair and removing the glasses so anyone would guess, but the fact Clark is a bit of a plank makes people think that even if he does look a bit like superman there's no way this idiot could be him, but maybe that's coming later in the series.

I did notice some references to Lexcorp so I guess Lex is coming in the next film, looking forward to that one, hope they do it right unlike Kevin Spacey, he just didn't work for me.

Realising that I'm going to the cinema a LOT lately....

In the past couple of weeks, I've seen:

Star Trek Into Darkness (for the 2nd time)
Epic
After Earth
Man of Steel
Man of Steel (again)
Now You See Me

And now this... I'm going to be hating Kevin Bacon again soon!!

And that's without the films that I've watched at home.

I was very impressed...I am a huge zombie fan (have been for decades!) thus when you've seen it I will comment as to why I really liked it, and why the critics appear to have got this very wrong!

All the reviews I've read have been pretty positive. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

From Aint It Cool

Some unconfirmed plot details have emerged on the upcoming Jurassic Park IV, thanks to the guys over at JoBlo.

The latest installment will see us revisiting Isla Nublar, but now, it houses a completed dinosaur theme park for the entire family. John Hammond's dreams have finally become a reality, catering to more than 10 million visitors every year. The park is said to have a Seaworld-like exhibit at the Isla Nublar Lagoon, which sets us up for seeing aquatic dinosaurs for the very first time (though we don't know exactly what kind).

Additionally, part of the park's drawing power (and possibly the answer to its safety concerns) include trained dinosaurs. Just like your favorite dolphin exhibits, the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park are now trained and perfectly safe...until they decide they've had enough.

Your old favorites are expected to return, but the main threat this time around isn't coming from the T-Rex or the Velociraptors. Instead, it will be from a new dinosaur we haven't seen in the films yet (unnamed, at this point). Though it should also be mentioned that the T-Rex and Velociraptors will be used to help fight this new threat, so they will likely still be providing the story with some action.

If we didn't learn our lesson that we can't control dinosaurs when were are only building the damn park, I can only imagine what kind of chaos ensues once we have a fully-functioning Dino Land with thousands of toursists lined up like a buffet. I kind of hope the guy who decided that you can "train" a dinosaur goes first.

Jurassic Park IV will be shot in 3D, and is expected out sometime in 2015.

I like that they're going a different direction than the other sequels, and the theme park gone arwy setting could offer a lot of fun opportunities for action pieces. According to the article, director Colin Trevorrow claims that he wants "people to feel like it's the last day of 6th grade again." If these script rumors are true, it sounds like he's off to a good start

Sounds like a dinosaur version of Piranha, a complete B movie that would go straight to video, if it wasn't for its 'Jurassic Park' title.

Watched Warm Bodies tonight.

It's a pretty good film. I came into it having read the book last year which is funnier and gorier but it was an enjoyable 1.5hrs.

I enjoyed World War Z....but I had a few problems with the film, not literally plot holes but certainly areas of weakness.

This afternoon, I'm off to watch Despicable Me 2

Watched a few this weekend.

Vehicle 19 - Terrible
Broken City - Poor
Argo - Some ok parts but mostly brick imo.
The call - Predictable

Don't think I've seen a "good" film since Django the other month.

Back