• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Marcelo Gallardo. Ralf Rangnick. Marcelino. There are clever and inspired appointments out there beyond England that aren't the same uninspiring rigmarole of Potter, Nuno, Hassenhuttl, Rodgers..Eddie f*cking Howe.

But any of them would be better than this Portuguese prick.

Marcelo Gallardo. Ralf Rangnick. Marcelino. There are clever and inspired appointments out there beyond England that aren't the same uninspiring rigmarole of Potter, Nuno, Hassenhuttl, Rodgers..Eddie f*cking Howe.

I don't see any of Marcelo Gallardo, Ralf Rangnick, Marcelino being that inspired. Rangnick maybe as a DoF, thought he hasn't managed in years?

I don't see any of Marcelo Gallardo, Ralf Rangnick, Marcelino being that inspired. Rangnick maybe as a DoF, thought he hasn't managed in years?

I do. They would be miles above some of the other candidates being thrown about like Hassenhuttl et al - Marcelo Gallardo is literally River Plate's saviour, most successful manager in their modern history and the best Argentinian manager out there next to Poch. Marcelino has improved every team he's been at, even basketcases like Valencia. Rangnick building the Red Bull commercial empire as a manager, DoF and director is a feat few in football can equal.

A forward-thinking move would be to appoint them, not the blokes like Howe et al who are only in the conversation because they pass the PL smell test (which, incidentally, is dogbrick as a means of assessing managerial ability - Jose Mourinho is the most PL-proven manager around, and he is also the most atrocious excuse for a coach out there right now).

Gotta be a bit of adaptability to be had coming from South America to the PL though? Big culture difference thats one thing as a player but surely more of an impact if you're the one calling the shots?

Can't imagine they have to deal with the same level of player power and pampering modern European players have

Rnagnick I know of and like
Little bit bonkers, little bit brilliant
Sell me the other two though ?
Why them?

When I suggested Potter I highlighted things people didn’t know (his Swedish experience for example)
I know nothing about these two do need some info

I do. They would be miles above some of the other candidates being thrown about like Hassenhuttl et al - Marcelo Gallardo is non-figuratively River Plate's saviour, most successful manager in their modern history and the best Argentinian manager out there next to Poch. Marcelino has improved every team he's been at, even basketcases like Valencia. Rangnick building the Red Bull commercial empire as a manager, DoF and director is a feat few in football can equal.

A forward-thinking move would be to appoint them, not the blokes like Howe et al who are only in the conversation because they pass the PL smell test (which, incidentally, is dogbrick as a means of assessing managerial ability - Jose Mourinho is the most PL-proven manager around, and he is also the most atrocious excuse for a coach out there right now).
Ragnick as a DoF, not a manager.
Gallardo is highly rated, but only done it in South America. It's an unknown how he would do in Europe.
Marcelino has done well at a couple of clubs but he's only ever at a club for 1-2 years, not the type of manager I hope we're looking for.

From the London Football article posted by Danish Spur in the Mourinho thread.

"If, as expected, Mourinho does depart before next season begins, then Tottenham must make sure their next step is the right one and it's important that the club also looks at itself and asks whether - despite the stadium construction and now the pandemic - it really pushed and backed its managers at key moments."

This for me. Time and time again the club has failed to back its managers. Whether it was intentionally (Comolli was accused of this) or by being close but no cigar as a result of agent's/club's demands (Moutinho, Bruno Fernández, Skrinnier etc.) the club has consistently been unable to deliver the players its manager wanted. It has to be said the club did go all out for the likes of Dybala and De Ligt, to no avail, but even then there was never a resultant purchase of Option B, mostly the arrival of option D (Rodon) or in some cases option Z (Saha and Nelson), mostly because it was left to the last minute (deadline day). Something that needs to stop entirely, as new arrivals need to be inbedded as soon as possible, not September.

Like a fellow Spurs fan said to me today shen asked about Mourinho. "It is the players the manager has at his disposal, look at Wenger, no doubt a great manager but the players at his disposal were not good enough"

Because of the lack of backing, especiallyat key times like the summer of 2016, I worry the number one target, or even the top group of choices to replace Mourinho would assess us like Brendan Rodger's did in 2012 and turn us down.

Last edited:
Chelsea have benefitted from acting decisively. Tuchel has improved them greatly and they’re now in the CL and FA Cup semi finals and looking good for a CL qualification via league position. I think they will sign a proper centre forward this summer (hope it’s not ours) and go on to be proper title challengers next season.

Rnagnick I know of and like
Little bit bonkers, little bit brilliant
Sell me the other two though ?
Why them?

When I suggested Potter I highlighted things people didn’t know (his Swedish experience for example)
I know nothing about these two do need some info

Gallardo - he took over one of Argentina's oldest clubs, River Plate, at one of their lowest-ever ebbs - they had been relegated for the first time a few years earlier (Lamela was actually a part of the squad that got relegated). Since his appointment, he's gone on to revolutionize them, returning them to the top of Argentinian football. In the process, he became the most successful manager in their history in just six years, winning the South American equivalent of the Champions League twice.
Barcelona have long been interested in him, but the timing was never quite right, and he's pretty loyal to River. But he's an absolutely masterful coach, who will take Europe by storm when he returns (he was here as a player, with Monaco and PSG).

Marcelino - has had a long career in Spain, and has improved every side he's managed. His last job was with Valencia, where, despite utterly chaotic ownership, he won them their first trophy in yonks and got them into the CL. He was sacked after disagreements with their crazy owner, and took over Bilbao, where he's led them to a cup final at the first time of asking.

Other potentially left-field appointments include Niko Kovac (Frankfurt, Bayern, now Monaco) and Adi Hutter (Frankfurt). Erik ten Hag also a pretty good candidate - he's done well in the Eredivisie, but that's to be expected. More impressive are his consistent long runs in Europe, getting to the EL final in 2018, the CL semi in 2019, and now the EL semi final in 2021.

Gallardo - he took over one of Argentina's oldest clubs, River Plate, at one of their lowest-ever ebbs - they had been relegated for the first time a few years earlier (Lamela was actually a part of the squad that got relegated). Since his appointment, he's gone on to revolutionize them, returning them to the top of Argentinian football. In the process, he became the most successful manager in their history in just six years, winning the South American equivalent of the Champions League twice.
Barcelona have long been interested in him, but the timing was never quite right, and he's pretty loyal to River. But he's an absolutely masterful coach, who will take Europe by storm when he returns (he was here as a player, with Monaco and PSG).

Marcelino - has had a long career in Spain, and has improved every side he's managed. His last job was with Valencia, where, despite utterly chaotic ownership, he won them their first trophy in yonks and got them into the CL. He was sacked after disagreements with their crazy owner, and took over Bilbao, where he's led them to a cup final at the first time of asking.

Other potentially left-field appointments include Niko Kovac (Frankfurt, Bayern, now Monaco) and Adi Hutter (Frankfurt). Erik ten Hag also a pretty good candidate - he's done well in the Eredivisie, but that's to be expected. More impressive are his consistent long runs in Europe, getting to the EL final in 2018, the CL semi in 2019, and now the EL semi final in 2021.
See there is some details to support your logic
here
Gallardo sounds very good
Ten Haag is one I’d like I have to say

Chelsea have benefitted from acting decisively. Tuchel has improved them greatly and they’re now in the CL and FA Cup semi finals and looking good for a CL qualification via league position. I think they will sign a proper centre forward this summer (hope it’s not ours) and go on to be proper title challengers next season.
Wow.... The moment someone brings in CHELSEA as an example of a well run club....

I'm speechless.

The next manager is set up to fail unless we get rid of the majority of this team, mainly the defence and adequately replace.

We will not have the money due to having to deal with Covid repercussions, unfloggable deadwood, all combined with a penny pinching chairman.

I like to bathe in custard.

I disagree. I think that we have the core of a good squad here but Mourinho has been unable to get more than the sum of its parts and by alienating key members of it, has backed himself into a corner. His tactics have also left the weakest part of the team horribly exposed.

I think that three smart signings and a progressive manager and we are in a good position to finish in the top four again next season.

I disagree. I think that we have the core of a good squad here but Mourinho has been unable to get more than the sum of its parts and by alienating key members of it, has backed himself into a corner. His tactics have also left the weakest part of the team horribly exposed.

I think that three smart signings and a progressive manager and we are in a good position to finish in the top four again next season.

I think that we probably need to see seven or eight players leaving but most of those don't need replacing

Back