• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Dembele

Poch doesn't seem to favour loans for developing players. The only players we have out on loan at the moment are all in the shop window - Yedlin, Ball and Ward.

If we loan a top prospect, like Winks, Oduwa or Onomah, to Fulham, it will be a compromise to secure Dembele, not a preferred development pathway for the player(s). Though at least it'll only be for 3 months.

Poch doesn't seem to favour loans for developing players. The only players we have out on loan at the moment are all in the shop window - Yedlin, Ball and Ward.

If we loan a top prospect, like Winks, Oduwa or Onomah, to Fulham, it will be a compromise to secure Dembele, not a preferred development pathway for the player(s). Though at least it'll only be for 3 months.

Wasn't he happy to loan out Pritchard last season? And Carroll... And of course Oduwa to Rangers.

This we're working on a very small sample size to draw conclusions about Pochettino's opinions on loan deals. What we have seen is him fast tracking one or two players directly into the first team without a loan deal. That doesn't mean he doesn't think a loan deal is appropriate in other circumstances.

Edit: We also seemed to try to send KWP out on loan, and might still do just that. Is he another you would say is only in the shop window along with Oduwa?

I think Winks actually really needs a loan. He is too good for under 21 football and not getting a chance to play first team football. A spell in the Championship or even playing for a good footballing League 1 club (such as Coventry) would do his career a lot of good I think.

Wasn't he happy to loan out Pritchard last season? And Carroll... And of course Oduwa to Rangers.

This we're working on a very small sample size to draw conclusions about Pochettino's opinions on loan deals. What we have seen is him fast tracking one or two players directly into the first team without a loan deal. That doesn't mean he doesn't think a loan deal is appropriate in other circumstances.

Edit: We also seemed to try to send KWP out on loan, and might still do just that. Is he another you would say is only in the shop window along with Oduwa?

Last season we still had a massive squad. In 18 months Poch has cut our squad from 38 to 25. We've gone from having about 15 players on loan at any one time, to 3/4. I think it's safe to say Poch doesn't favour the loan system.

IMO Oduwa had a specific development need (to get the showboating kicked out of him). I don't know the specifics with KWP, but I expect he'll be kept close and in 18 months we'll either sell Trippier or him.

I think Winks actually really needs a loan. He is too good for under 21 football and not getting a chance to play first team football. A spell in the Championship or even playing for a good footballing League 1 club (such as Coventry) would do his career a lot of good I think.

I'd sell Carroll and promote Winks to 5th CM. They are at a similar level right now, and Winks looks to have more in his locker in terms of potential to develop.

Last season we still had a massive squad. In 18 months Poch has cut our squad from 38 to 25. We've gone from having about 15 players on loan at any one time, to 3/4. I think it's safe to say Poch doesn't favour the loan system.

IMO Oduwa had a specific development need (to get the showboating kicked out of him). I don't know the specifics with KWP, but I expect he'll be kept close and in 18 months we'll either sell Trippier or him.

Fair points, but I still think it's a very small sample size. And could just as easily be a result of the particular situations for the players currently transitioning or close to transitioning to from the development squad to the first team.

Thought I think it's safe to say that Pochettino rates loans as less important than many other managers. And that he's a lot more willing to bring players directly from the development squad into the first team without a series of loan deals first. For quite a few managers a Championship loan followed by a successful PL loan seemed almost a prerequisite for a player to get any serious game time for their first team.

This just sounds like typical 1+1 thinking - there aren't many players around that would benefit from loans at the minute as we're using them in our first team squad - If and when young players reach a point where they require first team football football for their development but find their path to the first team blocked then it's probably quite likely they'll be loaned out

This just sounds like typical 1+1 thinking - there aren't many players around that would benefit from loans at the minute as we're using them in our first team squad - If and when young players reach a point where they require first team football football for their development but find their path to the first team blocked then it's probably quite likely they'll be loaned out

We're also selling player when they hit 21 and aren't close to the 25 man squad

Fredericks, Hall, Coulthirst and McEvoy have all been victims of that new policy in the past 6 months.

Fredericks, Hall, Coulthirst and McEvoy have all been victims of that new policy in the past 6 months.

Releasing several players doesn't prove anything, like I.said 1+1

I'd sell Carroll and promote Winks to 5th CM. They are at a similar level right now, and Winks looks to have more in his locker in terms of potential to develop.

Winks has played a came on in one of our games and never had 90 minutes in the first team and you think there at the same level ...

I don't think you can call them 'victims' - they didn't ever appears to have enough to make it at Spurs so no reason why we'd keep them

I don't think you can call them 'victims' - they didn't ever appears to have enough to make it at Spurs so no reason why we'd keep them

But under previous regimes we'd've kept them in the U21s/out on loan for another couple of years (e.g. Obika and co). Probably to the detriment of their careers

So we are loaning out Pritchard now, apparently? If so, then Poch doesn't mind loans.

Hope Pritchard doesn't either...then again, he's not good enough to be in the squad, perhaps he needs time out to improve. I had thought that he would be a star in the making for us this season, but I think injuries put an end to that.

Hope Pritchard doesn't either...then again, he's not good enough to be in the squad, perhaps he needs time out to improve. I had thought that he would be a star in the making for us this season, but I think injuries put an end to that.
I think he is good enough for the squad - but so are 7 others in his position.

A loan will be great for him

Back