• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Why can't we wait another 2 games before we indulge the doom and gloom with a proper review of the season? It's not been great recently granted, but to put it into perspective today was the first away loss in the league since City in December. Poch must be doing something right. Cannot believe some fans would accept him going. Has the loss today befuddled their brains? Do we seriously want to lose our best manager in decades?

I don't agree with those criticising Poch's selections and substitutions today. Dier and Dembele looked knackered against Watford and several posters, including myself, suggested he rest them giving Wanyama and Lamela a chance. He did that. Posters said that Sanchez and Trippier on the right have been exposed. So Poch goes 3 at the back and brings back Alderweireld. He changed things around on 77 mins bringing on Moura and Son wide then also Llorente. It achieved nothing, we still couldn't create goal scoring opportunities and we lost late on. Today was just one of those games. It is so easy being an armchair manager isn't it?

We are still with a chance of 3rd place. That will be a tremendous achievement. So please get behind the team and have a little perspective please.

I would agree with you if it was a one off game. But we really haven't played any sort of decent football since the Chelsea game. Poch really needs to get to grips with this situation and earn his money over the next two games. I really hope he can do it. Oh and leaving subs till the 77th minute when the game plan plainly isn't working is simply not the answer.

I would agree with you if it was a one off game. But we really haven't played any sort of decent football since the Chelsea game. Poch really needs to get to grips with this situation and earn his money over the next two games. I really hope he can do it. Oh and leaving subs till the 77th minute when the game plan plainly isn't working is simply not the answer.
I disagree. At 0-0 it gives us plenty of time to alter the game. It didn't do anything of the sort. Really feel some of the players have let Poch down recently. How half arsed were Wanyama and Lamela today. Kane has been poor too. Son hasn't been himself. Our big players bar Eriksen have not been at the races recently. Not sure why that is. Some like Kane, Dembele and Dier could blame fatigue. Not sure that Lamela and Wanyama have that excuse.

I disagree. At 0-0 it gives us plenty of time to alter the game. It didn't do anything of the sort. Really feel some of the players have let Poch down recently. How half arsed were Wanyama and Lamela today. Kane has been poor too. Son hasn't been himself. Our big players bar Eriksen have not been at the races recently. Not sure why that is. Some like Kane, Dembele and Dier could blame fatigue. Not sure that Lamela and Wanyama have that excuse.

Thought Wanyama was good today?

Worse, no question and i think we've probably taken a step back overall, though i do think there are pretty valid reasons as to why that is the case
Backwards in the league? Hard to tell. Our form in a new home has been pretty good. Utd, City and Liverpool have strengthened. If we finish 3rd that will be some achievement. Without a doubt we have been better in Europe.

My 2 biggest disappointments this season have been at the hands of Juventus and Man U in the Cup. 2 teams where the results could have gone either way.

Why can't we wait another 2 games before we indulge the doom and gloom with a proper review of the season? It's not been great recently granted, but to put it into perspective today was the first away loss in the league since City in December. Poch must be doing something right. Cannot believe some fans would accept him going. Has the loss today befuddled their brains? Do we seriously want to lose our best manager in decades?

I don't agree with those criticising Poch's selections and substitutions today. Dier and Dembele looked knackered against Watford and several posters, including myself, suggested he rest them giving Wanyama and Lamela a chance. He did that. Posters said that Sanchez and Trippier on the right have been exposed. So Poch goes 3 at the back and brings back Alderweireld. He changed things around on 77 mins bringing on Moura and Son wide then also Llorente. It achieved nothing, we still couldn't create goal scoring opportunities and we lost late on. Today was just one of those games. It is so easy being an armchair manager isn't it?

We are still with a chance of 3rd place. That will be a tremendous achievement. So please get behind the team and have a little perspective please.

We won’t get 3rd.

Backwards in the league? Hard to tell. Our form in a new home has been pretty good. Utd, City and Liverpool have strengthened. If we finish 3rd that will be some achievement. Without a doubt we have been better in Europe.

My 2 biggest disappointments this season have been at the hands of Juventus and Man U in the Cup. 2 teams where the results could have gone either way.

But both went against us, as did West Ham in the League Cup, and today when we could have effectively sealed Champs Lge football. That’s the point; when it comes to the big moments we consistently don’t deliver. One (or even two) bad results in really meaningful games could be overlooked. Four years in with Poch we never seem to deliver at the really key moments.

We won’t get 3rd.

But both went against us, as did West Ham in the League Cup, and today when we could have effectively sealed Champs Lge football. That’s the point; when it comes to the big moments we consistently don’t deliver. One (or even two) bad results in really meaningful games could be overlooked. Four years in with Poch we never seem to deliver at the really key moments.
Wait until the end of the season. He has delivered Champions League football 2 seasons in a row. He topped the group of death remaining unbeaten to one of the champions league finalists. He took 4 points of the other one.

Both games were disappointing but patience is the key.

Wait until the end of the season. He has delivered Champions League football 2 seasons in a row. He topped the group of death remaining unbeaten to one of the champions league finalists. He took 4 points of the other one.

Both games were disappointing but patience is the key.

The Champs Lge group stages were good but all games with a get out clause, unlike Juventus and Utd (and the League Cup final, going back a bit).

My point is that we don’t deliver at key moments (see also The Battle of the Bridge) and that hasn’t improved four years down the line with Poch.

We’ll get the 2018 equivalents of Saha and Nelsen to help fund the new stadium.

You seem to have a deep misunderstanding regarding the new stadium and how you perceive we will be hamstrung by the cost of it, for at least the next few years.

Our current wage bill is in line with our competitors when the ratio to turnover is taken into account. Our turnover is about to go up considerably and consequently the funds available for wages will also go up a similar level.

A naming rights deal will no doubt happen - the delay is classic Levy as he searches for the best possible deal - the bank loans that need paying back are relatively easy to service, with a manageable annual repayment required for a number of years.

So overall the funds available for transfers and wages are about to go up significantly.

As I said in the match thread earlier, please do not look at arsenal and what happened with them and just assume the same will happen to us.

You seem to have a deep misunderstanding regarding the new stadium and how you perceive we will be hamstrung by the cost of it, for at least the next few years.

Our current wage bill is in line with our competitors when the ratio to turnover is taken into account. Our turnover is about to go up considerably and consequently the funds available for wages will also go up a similar level.

A naming rights deal will no doubt happen - the delay is classic Levy as he searches for the best possible deal - the bank loans that need paying back are relatively easy to service, with a manageable annual repayment required for a number of years.

So overall the funds available for transfers and wages are about to go up significantly.

As I said in the match thread earlier, please do not look at arsenal and what happened with them and just assume the same will happen to us.

So why aren’t we offering Toby (the bedrock of our outstanding defence last season and currently coveted by our major rivals) an improved deal?

The Champs Lge group stages were good but all games with a get out clause, unlike Juventus and Utd (and the League Cup final, going back a bit).

My point is that we don’t deliver at key moments (see also The Battle of the Bridge) and that hasn’t improved four years down the line with Poch.
Agree and if we’d played Real Madrid later in the tournament when it really mattered I highly doubt we would have beaten them either...

So why aren’t we offering Toby (the bedrock of our outstanding defence last season and currently coveted by our major rivals) an improved deal?

By all accounts we have offered him a massively improved deal at 130k per week. Not enough for him it would seem, but massively improved nonetheless.

@harr1984 and @Mikey10. It is difficult to argue with your conclusions re: those big games. So what's the answer get rid or patience? For me it's the latter. Poch has earned that patience.

It’s not life for Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. We have a billionaire owner too, don’t forget.

But even a billionaire owner ant just throw money at it now... it’s all been fixed by FFP so the clubs that were rich, stay rich

And the issue with Toby is he wants the best wages in the world from his position despite having never won a major trophy as a key player (he won the league at atletico appearing 12 times)... and he wants a long term deal

We pay him the rumoured £180k we have to double at least a lot of players wages

That leaves little room for acquiring new player

Back