• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Im not sure about the critisim regarding changes last night tbh - in other games sure it has been warranted at times but last night in the 10-15 minute spell before we went 1 down we were probably enjoying our most dominant spell of the game, was getting the ball in to threatening positions and a goal seemed to be coming - so why change anything?

I disagree. I think that is a very narrow view. Dier produces fantastic long passes which are an important part of our offensive play, especially when put together with Alli’s ghosting runs into the box. He is also good at spreading play from one side to the other. I would like to see these passes utilised with Llorente on the pitch. Wanyama breaks up play higher up the pitch enabling us to start attacks in the opposition half, passes well and spreads play too.

Both of those players and the attributes you list are great...when they are paired with a more attack minded midfield partner - paired with eachother i have reservations over whether it is enough.

Wanyama could potentially provide the same kind of surging runs that Dembele brings but im not sure if he'll match the consistent quality in doing so that Dembele brings and i think its that high quality and consistency in making those kinds of runs that made the midfield work - drop the quality of them a notch or two and it becomes far less effective and reliable style of play...

Last edited:
It is bravery, thats exactly it. And I agree.

Though I dont fault the full backs as much.

Davies isnt as adventurous, but I thought Aurier noticably improved when Sissoko went off* and started to really cause them problems.

*could be coincidence, whatever, not trying to slag Sissoko. Its just pretty obvious once he went off Auriers game improved a lot.

Yesterday it should have been instead of Sissoko, absolutely no need for sissoko yesterday. Against better sides I understand the dilemma, but we’ll play enough games to be able to rotate Lamela, Eriksen, Dele and Son for the 2/3/4 places behind Kane.
Against better sides I'd expect a bit more space as they wouldn't be as unambitious as West Ham.

I may be in the minority here but I don’t see what Poch has done wrong? I don’t see a defensive performance at all and I actually saw a really quick tempo, we just lacked the quality to play as quickly as we were trying to and rushed it towards the end - and WH defended for their lives as it’s their cup final.

It happens, but that’s a tremendously unlucky draw whichever way I look at it. The amount of blocks they got in on genuinely good opportunities...

I agree with this and it nice to see some sense posted, we were all over them and created enough chances to have won a couple of games. We failed to take them ( and despite having good forward players its happened too often in games). We really have to be more clinical.

I agree with this and it nice to see some sense posted, we were all over them and created enough chances to have won a couple of games. We failed to take them ( and despite having good forward players its happened too often in games). We really have to be more clinical.
Why is it sense? Because you agree with it? Lol!

Maybe if we had Lamela on the pitch instead of Sissoko for more than 20 minutes we may have been more clinical? After all we did win 1-0 in that 20 minutes!

Because some of the bitching and moaning about our performance last night is not sense. But maybe you agree with the bitching and moaning. LOL.
Think you need to quote the people / posts you have a problem with then mate. It’s pretty easy to see my point of view on the night in the last couple of pages.

Think you need to quote the people / posts you have a problem with then mate. It’s pretty easy to see my point of view on the night in the last couple of pages.

I do not think quoting the people/posts is really what is needed, its pretty obvious that there are a few who go over the top with moans every time we get a result that we did not want. But A its a free world so let the chicken likens carry on.

This makes some interesting points.

Is Pochettino too stubborn for his own good? http://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/pochettino-stubborn-good/

That guy is an asshole .. and nobody should click on the link and give him the benefit of traffic/clicks.

Poch has had an easy ride? fudge him .. all these idiots who claim Levy has been patient with Poch and he's had more time than other Spurs managers somehow seem to miss the glaringly obvious fact that Poch earned the time he has had here by having better results than any other manger in damn near 30 odd years.

These same idiots also seem to miss when Chelsea, United, Scum, Pool all draw games they are "supposed to win", when it happens to us in a new stadium, with injuries to major players and people off form, somehow its because Poch doesn't have the tactical nous?

West Ham played negative brick football and for large parts of that game hung on by a fudging thread ... they got away with it, kudos to them, it happens ...

Re selection, I though most of it was very obvious, Aurier swap as per normal, Sissoko as fresh legs and the fact that he tends to have his best games with Aurier, Davies stayed in because Rose is injured, Wanyama was always a bench option coming back from injury, Lamela probably saved to start the FA Cup game, Winks seemingly not starting fit yet, what else options were there really?

Instead of who though?
Exactly. I don't think Lamela effected our play so much when he came on to say he must be a starter, especially when he has been injured for so long. That said he can be a good option to bring on for his energy and quick passing. One of the problems at the moment is our forward players, Eriksen aside, hold on to the ball too long which hinders our movement. Kane, Alli and Son all do it perhaps because they are looking for goals. Our interchanging between those 3 needs to be crisper and smarter imo.

I think Poch’s analytics is excellent. But if there’s is a criticism of this messiah it’s his foresight. To make earlier subs, to think through the likely setup of an opposition team and adjust, or to spot players form and fitness reducing and rotate them at the right time. Those stats may back up that Poch is terrific at analysing the teams play and improving it, where in the past we’d maintain a suboptimal level.

The question is, can Poch develop the team without analysis, but with foresight? Either way he’s the dogs pods and any questions are minor things in the grand scheme of his brilliance. How he’s taken on decent players and improved them, taken the teams fitness to new levels, and the way he addresses most issues where the team are failing is on another level. He absolutely makes players. Kane would not be as good without Poch (imo) same applies to a number of others.

What I’d like to see is us move our passing on to a new level - train to speed up our passing. Then also develop some of our final third movement. We don’t use the flanks as well as we might and we don’t always get runners Into the box at the right time. Other than that you can’t criticise Poch he’s a fantastic coach that is willing to develop himself as well as his team.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That guy is an ******* .. and nobody should click on the link and give him the benefit of traffic/clicks.

Poch has had an easy ride? fudge him .. all these idiots who claim Levy has been patient with Poch and he's had more time than other Spurs managers somehow seem to miss the glaringly obvious fact that Poch earned the time he has had here by having better results than any other manger in damn near 30 odd years.

These same idiots also seem to miss when Chelsea, United, Scum, Pool all draw games they are "supposed to win", when it happens to us in a new stadium, with injuries to major players and people off form, somehow its because Poch doesn't have the tactical nous?

West Ham played negative brick football and for large parts of that game hung on by a fudging thread ... they got away with it, kudos to them, it happens ...

Re selection, I though most of it was very obvious, Aurier swap as per normal, Sissoko as fresh legs and the fact that he tends to have his best games with Aurier, Davies stayed in because Rose is injured, Wanyama was always a bench option coming back from injury, Lamela probably saved to start the FA Cup game, Winks seemingly not starting fit yet, what else options were there really?

Don’t disagree with most of what you say, do feel that Poch can still be tactically naive at times and can be much too slow at making substitutions. Have no doubt he’ll get better, though, as he gains in experience.

Last edited:
Lamela has to play, another assist almost as soon as he came on last night.
I'm a big fan of lamela, but you can' really class that as an assist. Rolled a nothing ball 10 yards side ways for some one to crack a Worldie.
Its instances like that that show up the fault of having blind faith in stats.

I'm a big fan of lamela, but you can' really class that as an assist. Rolled a nothing ball 10 yards side ways for some one to crack a Worldie.
Its instances like that that show up the fault of having blind faith in stats.

hqdefault.jpg

Real shame to drop points yesterday but overall you'd say we've had a good Christmas & New Years period.

Please don't play Dier & Wanyama as our midfield 2 though :)

Back