• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Sheffield Utd - first leg

Stambouli MOTM for me. Always getting involved positively and trying to make things happen.

Townsend's never day die attitude and refreshing corner kicks that reached the far post was good to watch.

Eriksen and Ade invisible again.

Soldado's technique to bring the ball down back across his body won the penalty and the win for us.

Edit: Special mention to Campbell Ryce - quick, strong, fast feet. Mitchell are you watching .

He's nearly 32! Good player though

Thanks. That site showed me a really scary stat from that match - one accurate through ball in the whole game.

Now I know through balls are less likely when a team's parking the bus, but I'd expect more than 2 attempts and one completed in that regard - that's pretty shocking.

I agree. We were pretty awful last night. But we still won!

Was nobody else irate with how slowly vorm played the ball out, when we should have been pressing for a second goal...? No? Just me then....

It wasn't just Vorm when we had the ball in midfield Eriksen & Dembele in particular kept passing the ball back to defenders instead of trying to break Sheffield United down. I agree though it was quite frustrating considering how important the second goal would have been for the away leg.

That being said not conceding is key, it is Spurs so anything is possible but they will have to come at us next week and would be highly unlikely that we won't score at least one making it difficult for them to win the tie

Thanks. That site showed me a really scary stat from that match - one accurate through ball in the whole game.

Now I know through balls are less likely when a team's parking the bus, but I'd expect more than 2 attempts and one completed in that regard - that's pretty shocking.

It was Ade's lack of movement that primarily caused it. Stambouli and Mason were good, but there was nothing happening in front of them. Eriksen and Kane were off form and in the wrong parts of the pitch.

The momentum (and game) changed when Soldado came on and gave us a bit of energy and movement up front.

Back